Ate a jar of pickles and some ramen

>ate a jar of pickles and some ramen
>250% daily sodium
Is there some way to cancel this out?
Like running around and drinking a lot of water?

Just drink a lot of water.

Water, yeah. You'll probably still retain a bunch of water but drinking a lot will help dislodge it faster. caffeine helps, too.

Shit, I stopped using the full flavor packet for ramen. Why the fuck does it have so much salt? I don't really ever salt shit because there's so much in everything. That shit is not some crazy flavor enhancer. If people can't make flavorful dishes without a fuck ton of salt, please get them the fuck out of the kitchen.

Don't know about canceling it out, but that's my go-to for a lot of salt. The drinking water thing. Feel like running would help dehydrate you.

If you were suffering from salt poisoning, you'd feel like you were having a drunken panic attack. If you don't feel that way just drink water and lay off salty foods for a few days.
If you DO feel that way, go see a doctor.

How do you make broth without salt?

Water and potassium, basically. Milk or low sodium V8 are good choices.

>When studies examine the effects of sodium restriction on actual disease, instead of just some marker, no statistically significant effects are found.
>Another Cochrane review of 7 randomized controlled trials noted that there is no effect on mortality or cardiovascular disease, even in individuals diagnosed with high blood pressure
>There is no benefit to sodium restriction when it comes to preventing heart disease or death
Pass the salt boys.

>jar of pickles
>jar

eat a banana, potassium will help with the sodium

I just ate more ramen, this better be true.

These

eat a lot of sugar and it will cancel out the salt.

Low blood pressure can be counteracted by high sodium levels, which makes sodium far more healthy to consume. My doctor told me this. If you take spironolactone, your blood pressure will drop, and you will grow boobs so you can become a cute anime girl and eat all the pickles you want.

>ate a jar of pickles
WHAT

Obviously you don't salt packaged and processed foods, but food you make yourself isn't going to have any salt until you put some on it.

Unless you've been told by a doctor to reduce your sodium intake you have no reason to worry, just don't make a habit out of it.

If you're triggered just drink a bunch of water.

black salt cancels out white salt

>>There is no benefit to sodium restriction when it comes to preventing heart disease or death
no fucking way, right?

You never had a jar of pickles before?

that's what your kidneys are for. and a good thing you have two of them (for now)

What do you call a jar?

no
is this some american tradition

Sodium is only bad for you if you have a pre-existing condition.

Drink a SHITLOAD of water.
Sodium ratchets up your blood pressure because it dehydrates you so just stay nice and full of water and you're fine

>a jar of pickles
do you drink the liquid too or what

Dissolve a cup of sodium hypochlorite in a tall glass of water and drink it. The reaction will create bonds with the salt and the latter will be flushed away.

drink a carton of banana milk

Is something weird about eating like 12 cucumbers? Barely any calories.

>it dehydrates you

It litterally does the exact opposite. Sodium makes you RETAIN moisture. Why people seem to think that thirsty=dehydrated I will never understand. It's almost impoasible to become dehydrated on a high-sodium diet due to the water retending properties.

no, the black salt rapes the white salt

Why do they only make tiny pickles? Why not pickle an entire large cucumber?

>Why people seem to think that thirsty=dehydrated I will never understand.
Maybe because that's what they teach you your whole life

>It's almost impoasible to become dehydrated on a high-sodium diet due to the water retending properties.

Tricks you into feeling fuller I suspect. Some people think quantity means the most.

Most people eat 200-500% of their salt in one meal easily and don't even notice. Restaurants use a fuckton of salt because the best flavor comes from obscenely over-salted foods. Not even fastfood, but sit down restaurants are probably the worst.

Buffalo wild wings has about 7 grams of salt in most of their hamburgers. A large order of boneless wings has 10 grams of salt.

>Most people eat 200-500% of their salt in one meal easily and don't even notice

america was a mistake

>Why people seem to think that thirsty=dehydrated I will never understand
Have you never played sports?

>water retending properties.
>retending

based apu poster

This. There's nothing wrong with salt

I thought the issue with salt was it caused fluid retention and blood vessel restriction, meaning for those who already have heart and blood flow problems, it's a potential heart attack starter

Salt by itself, if you have healthy pipes? No, just an inconvenience

Gastric and colon cancer rates are strongly tied to canned and pickled foods. Don't pass the salt, dudes.

Eat five cans of low sodium tomato paste (~250% daily potassium) and drink a lot of water. You might want to get some magnesium and calcium in there as well.

this legit makes pretty much mustard gas