This once obscure food was a taste sensation made popular by rad dudes and dudettes, you can eat it at movie theaters...

This once obscure food was a taste sensation made popular by rad dudes and dudettes, you can eat it at movie theaters, ball stadiums, convenience stores

But today, all it takes is a plate, a microwave, a jar of cheese, and some bagged chips. Thoughts on this dish?

I honestly don't know why nachos are so expensive everywhere that I can get them. It's just cheese on chips, why do I have to pay more than 5 dollars for them?

I’ll give you a hint.

It’s the cheese.
Even “Cheese product” is quite expensive.

cheese can't possibly be that expensive, little caesars uses 'real' cheese on their pizza and I can get a whole pizza for five dollars

You have autism don't you? The good kind? You seem like a nice guy.

Little Caesars actually uses very little "ReAl ChEeSe" on their pizzas, it's mainly shitty sauce and shittier dough.

ok but how come they can make a whole pizza with fake cheese and they still charge me 5 dollars for nachos with shitty cheese

1. There is probably as much or more cheese on the nachos than a Little Caesars pizza
2. Probably higher quality, as hard as that is to believe

Go buy good cheese from a deli. Shit is expensive, yo.

I’m not OP, nor do I appreciate being compared to him. Don’t you ever link to me and OP in the same reply again.

Nothing personnel

You go with the penos yay or neigh?

Always jalapenos.

This thread really makes me want some stadium nachos. Even though I rarely ever eat them.

There's a huge quantity difference between cheap shitty ones and nicely made ones. Try and get some with Chicken, nice cheese and freshly made salsa and guacamole!

My movie theater used to always have these plastic tray nachos.

Yellow, round nachos always. I recall sitting in the theater with my friend Mike aka Luigi, and seeing the wonder and delight in his eyes as he ate his nachos and viewed the movie Starsky and Hutch back when Owen Wilson was still alive.

Funny thing is you can get these easily. The cheese I've seen used for plastic tray nachos is rico brand nacho cheese, as for chip brand I have no idea

Of course. Extra peños for me please.

Does anyone know the story of how nachos were invented? Quite an interesting tale I must say

My first job was working concessions in a theatre for about two months. We had to load the soda packs and fill the popcorn and candies and slushies and clean everything every night, but one thing we never had to reload or clean was the nacho cheese machine. I still don't have an answer for this. It was just there and it was full. Always.

Not my thing, but I appreciate necessity being the mother of invention in dishes like nachos, Caesar salad and chop suey. But their popularity seems out of proportion to how good they actually are.

>jar of cheese
The absolute STATE of the us

To be fair the dish was popularized at baseball parks, where the snack of choice beforehand had been hot dogs. We're not talking highbrow stuff here.

No jar cheese for europoors

... go on....

It's the same reason popcorn or sodas are relatively expensive. It's a cheap food they can easily pump out that they make good profit margin. That's why places like ball parks have them, you can just have a huge tub of warmed 'cheese' that you dump over chips you pull from a bag, maybe sprinkle some jalapenos on if you're feeling frisky.

This. You see them at places where a captive audience pays a premium for snacks.