Sincerely question. How do we purge the English department?

Sincerely question. How do we purge the English department?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nqbK0D9nScY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hooks and Butler are compelling thinkers desu. The problem lies with obnoxious brainlets who make muh feminism the primary marker of their personal brand.

shouldn't the faces be reversed or are they just performing?

Igne ferroque

this desu

t. guy who hates and fears gender theory

Butler is not a compelling thinker. She has a crude understanding of poststructuralism. A lot of people have accused Derrida of obscurantism, which is unfair. In Butler's case, the charge is accurate. On a more fundamental level, it's unclear how her theory of performativity is truly an alternative to essentialism. The difference between saying "as a queer" and "as someone who identifies as a queer" is trivial in practice.

I'm less familiar with bell hooks.

by this point, homosexuals are outnumbered in their own community by trendy bourgeois white women who identify as 'queer' and think having gay bars is 'misogynistic'

We don't need too, they're doing a great job on their own.

Identifying as a queer implies a certain realm of activity while being "queer" is merely accepting the category imposed by power-dominant discourse.

Identifying as a queer denotes a certain scope of activity whereas being "queer" is merely accepting a categorical role imposed by the power-dominant discourse. I hate Butler btw but she isn't wrong about essentialism.

In this day and age there is nothing more subversive than identifying as straight

are there any theories about homosexuals that goes along the lines of them actually wanting to have sex with themselves but they cant so they have sex with the same gender

Unironically that's not true yet, although it's trending in that direction. I'm as open to being a reactionary dickbag as the next straight white dude but that's still a laughable statement that makes you look ignorant in 2017.

youtube.com/watch?v=nqbK0D9nScY

Homosexuals have been linked with vanity since time immemorial. It's not new but it might be a Fred Phelps-tier critique unless you do it right.

I've been thinking about creating my own theory, called Straight Theory. theoretically, speaking, you could have sex with men and still be 'straight'. by this point 'queer' has nothing to do with homosexuality, it's mostly another way to say you support leftist values and degeneracy. Homosexuals shouldn't stand with the left, but should carry the banner of tradition and fatherland. Remember the SA, Mishima and the Sacred Band of Thebes. In a way, manly men who love other manly men are the straightest people around

Unironically I've only been referred to Evola by gay dudes IRL, fwiw.

universities are neo-liberal institutions driven by market demands. get rid of the demand and you'll you'll get rid of the butlers of the world.

Masculinity and heterosexuality are not inseperable; all you are saying is the same thing that gender theorists are saying and you somehow think you're being clever.

Evola is really trash.

i like to purposefully capitalize Bell Hooks to piss off gender warriors

>Identifying as a queer denotes a certain scope of activity
does recruiting children through gay propaganda enter into that scope of activity?

>In 2011, journalist Daniel Villarreal advocated queer acceptance by writing: "I and a lot of other people want to indoctrinate, recruit, teach, and expose children to queer sexuality AND THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT."

Get rid of federal student loans, restrict federal tuition assistance to students outside of socially useful subjects, drastically cut funding for public universities' humanities departments. This will require people to be rich if they want to major in cultural studies, or whatever, but that's ok.

Except that masculinity is toxic

>recruiting children
They're normalizing different forms of sexuality. At least understand what's going on before you storm Comet Pizza

Any extremist is obviously retarded and shouldn't be taken seriously... Except when children are involved then if course its serious

>memes

Masculinity can become toxic. The key word is "can".

>tfw normalizing different forms of sexuality

>socially useful subjects

What is supposed to be wrong ?

raping kids is totes ok as long as you do it for 'progressive' reasons, you guise

by this point is obvious the 'lgbt community' has a child raping problem on the magitude of the catholic church's at least, but we aren't allowed to say anything because it's not 'politically correct'. I mean, the evidence out there in the open.

Basically, STEM fields and more serious humanities fields like philosophy, history, economics, and the like.

>drastically cut funding for public universities' humanities departments

Except for philosophy and history, right user? Classical studies is alright t-too.

The American university system is nothing but a glorifyied debt bondage factory/psychiatric holding facility with blue haired dyke overseers and lecherous tenured Jews. I say burn it all to the ground. Only the will the youth of America know freedom.

That's what I said, dude. Various forms of "me" studies are basically just degree inflation and only cause kids to go into debt, aside from their lack of academic value.

The US university system is its greatest economic asset. The various "me" studies departments are an embarrassment and a waste of money, but it would be easy for the state to eliminate them if it wanted to once the federal government was out of the loan business. Burning it to the ground because some middle class issues with mental issues become psychotic over the course of their degree in cultural studies is profoundly stupid.

>philosophy

>some middle class kids with mental issues
Oops.

philosophy grads from reputable schools in the US actually do pretty decently for themselves.

>That's what I said, dude.

Sorry I got distracted and didn't read that post.

The old world is irrefutably corrupt and I want to see it burn. The latest college protest aren't about 'free speech' or 'rising fascism' but an autoimmune reaction... Violent Negation of all that exists is the only truly political act available to the late capitalist subject, the only way out of the lab rat that is modernity. Burn the universities, smash computer servers, destroy all traces of consumr infraestructure. Only then will we know purity only then we will know what it is to be human

I think that was the essence of Roger Scruton's theory on homosexuality in Sexual Desire.

Homesexuality and especially transexuality are manifestations of pure narcissism, which is why they become so prevalent in decadent societies

I'd hardly call either prevalent unless you don't know what prevalent means.

There's literally nothing wrong with bringing homosexuality into public discourse and making it a part of daily life. Once it happens the sky won't fall and gays will be non-interesting, just like any radical cultural shift which was fiercely opposed before but fits seamlessly into modernity now.
Besides, arguments about "natural" sexuality have been blown away since basically Marx, it's simply an aspect of social production in industrial societies. Talking about essential human nature makes sense in a tribal society maybe, now it's just a meme.

That's a minor semantic point. Both essentialism and performativity are equally conducive to bourgeois ID politics

These people are mentally ill, try will never be satisfied until western civilisation is kill and there are all ages BDSM dogmen orgies in the street everydau

There's a deliberate establishment effort to make them prevalent tho

Whatever, you stupid fascist retard. I'd rather not throw away an engine of economic growth because of a few idiots when much better solutions exist.

This, which is why we should put them into positions of political power so we destroy this wretched society faster.

>There's literally nothing wrong with bringing homosexuality into public discourse and making it a part of daily life. Once it happens the sky won't fall and gays will be non-interesting, just like any radical cultural shift which was fiercely opposed before but fits seamlessly into modernity now.

That's kind of sad really.

No it's just an effort to normalise it not make it prevalent. Some people are gay, most aren't, but in the view of a capitalist society it's more beneficial that gays can feel comfortable and thus productive.

>spooked autodidact

Schlomo, believe it or not economic growth and endless consumerism isn't God

your mom is pravalant lol

I'm not saying it is which is why I specifically chose to say 'in the view of a capitalist society' you stupid fucking woman.

i'll touch you with my Jew hands

And why are you viewing it "in the view of a capitalist society", faggot? Think for yourself for once

Because he lives in one you brainlet

defund it, tell people to read Camille Paglia.

Because that is how one would describe our current society bitch, the one that is trying to make sense of the idea that some people are gay.

read the chain, your statement should be evident from the initial post. we're not even in disagreeance.

The point of disagreement was over normalisation vs prevalence. Makes more sense for the society to normalise it so everyone can just b themselfs :)

I don't really see a practical difference, because in the state of political compliance the population is in statistical prevalence will invariably lead to social normalisation and vice-versa, and I think that both has already occurred

What feminist lit should I read Veeky Forums?

>just like any radical cultural shift which was fiercely opposed before but fits seamlessly into modernity now.
>seamlessly

Our civilization is literally dying out because of all these "cultural shifts." The future is religious orthodoxy, patriarchal family relationships, and autocracy.

Form is death and has been since Adam. Civilization will be shed like a cocoon.

What, do you expect alternative sexualities should be trendy and exciting or something? That's fucking bullshit, nobody in their right mind cares about this crap like the "gay lifestyle". I'm a huge faggot and I just wanna live my monogamous gay life and be a shut-in.
However, the fact that LGBT movements trigger conservatives to this extent that they focus on it like it's the primary problem of contemporary civilization, is honestly hilarious and I tend to support it just for that. Get a life.

Nope I mean that kind of administrative indifference is sad. Takes the life out of everything, recuperates it into the spectacle. I don't want it to be trendy, I just want it to be complete.

>we need to destroy modern society as we know it because there's a part of the population that is sexually degenerate and that is somehow worse than literally force-triggering a degeneration back into fucking apes
>because this is "pure"

How do I know the religious are entirely delusional? Because they say the most delusional things I've ever fucking heard

imo the enthusiastic STEMlords who worship technology are as degenerate if not more than the worst lgbtsjwbbqwtfs

>writer's title is 'information liberation'
>ad for alex jones signature redness pills

great outrage, user

>by this point, homosexuals are outnumbered in their own community by trendy bourgeois white women who identify as 'queer' and think having gay bars is 'misogynistic'

I can't tell if Foucault would be laughing or crying

They're worse in the sense that they have more economic might, hold positions of power and they're equally as zealous. Anyone who thinks that fat chicks shrieking about pronouns warrant a second thought misses the mark.

citation needed

oh fuck off, bitch. practice what you preach. if you wanna live in a world without capitalism and science i'm sure siberia would be perfect 4u

these people are indescribably sick

Fairly certain he would be mortified at our current state of affairs.

Butler at least knows her Hegelese and has a certain degree of cred among the continental hack guild, not that that means much, but it's something. bell hooks on the other hand, is the 'black feminist' neurotic pop liberal media parasites namedrop all the time for 'intersectional' cred. her books are as vapid as you might guess, all written in the same tone: proto tumblr self conscious, 'Wise Woman of Color who is also angry, but in an appropriately wise and righteous way'

If you want to avoid stuff like that e mail professors before the semester starts. Get to know their field of study. As an English major I stuck to 2 professors that appealed to my aesthetic values.

combat leftist social engineering