Okay I've read some of the bible and reject most of the old testament but I'm definitely still a Christian so explain...

Okay I've read some of the bible and reject most of the old testament but I'm definitely still a Christian so explain to me then in Science how the earth got all its water if god doesn't exist (yeah right)?

Attached: ifunnyco.jpg (400x240, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/science/2017/12/where-did-mars-water-go-maybe-into-the-planets-interior/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>>/reddit/

Attached: 1450992997152.jpg (1680x1050, 540K)

Oxygen and hydrogen are very abundant elements

There's plenty of water in the universe. In this time that Earth existed it's plenty possible Earth was hit by some ice commet bringing lots of water.

Comets crashing into it during it's early life?

How does that make water it would just leave a big crater lol look at the moon

Comets contain quite a lot of ice

If you want to bring god into the equation just say that he was involved at the time zero and leave it at that, everything else can be explained and proven by scientific methods.

No they don't they're big clumps of rock, and even if ice hit the earth how does it suddenly become water to form an ocean?

Comets and asteroids are different. Comets are very abudnant in volatiles, while asteroids are mostly rock and metal. It's why comets get tails when they get near the sun, it's the volatiles sublimating.

Comets by definition contain ice

>everything else can be explained and proven by scientific methods
>explained and proven by scientific methods
>explained
>proven
>scientific methods
>everything

Stop reading popsci for fuck's sake.

Attached: certainty.png (740x312, 55K)

Impact would heat the ice. And even if it didn't Earth wasn't ice cold and the sun would melt the ice very quickly.

>how does ice become water?
It melts

then the water would evaporate as well retards

Science doesn't know how water originated on Earth.

Stop pretending like you retards on Veeky Forums are going to figure this out.

The best hypothesis is "lol water asteroids hit Earth".

There's no proof or evidence to that at all. Considering how much water is on Earth, it seems implausible.

uhh

So what?

>Using a dated meme

I get that you're trolling but I think you might unironically not know what clouds are.

All water on Earth would fit in a sphere 1400 km wide. It's honestly not that much and billions of years is plenty for some big comets to hit the Earth.

Assuming the sphere was just water, and there's no balls of water flying around space.

Comets/asteroids that contain enough water to fill Earth is just implausible. Earth would have been wiped out by getting hit by enough needed to fill the Earth with water. Why don't any other planets have water?

Mercury is too close to the sun
Venus is too hot
Earth has water
Mars has water
Gas giants are gaseous

Mars has water for example

>implying memes are ever dated

Attached: 1282494777516.jpg (750x600, 69K)

>Mars has water

Oh cool you found some ice cubes?

Why does Earth have 326 million trillion gallons of water?

Comets are mostly ice, meteorites are more rocky.

Why is your peepee shorter than mine?

Earth is bigger and closer to the Sun so comets hit earth more often
The comets that brought water to earth all hit earth in the early solar system when things were more chaotic
there wasn't liquid water on earth immediately, it was all water vapor and hen it rained for hundreds of millions of years on Earth

arstechnica.com/science/2017/12/where-did-mars-water-go-maybe-into-the-planets-interior/

Mars might have had much more water than today up to a 1/3rd of the surface, Earth isn't an exception.

Cool hypothesis, there is no evidence/proof to it though.

The amount and/or size of comets needed to hit Earth to fill it with as much water as it has now, would have destroyed Earth.

God designed a penis size RNG formula that is applies in utero, using variables like race.

Okay how many comets would it have taken and prove that the force imparted, over thousands or millions of years mind you, would have broken up the planet.

>The amount and/or size of comets needed to hit Earth to fill it with as much water as it has now, would have destroyed Earth.
Cool hypothesis, there is no evidence/proof to it though.

the earth is literally cracked from all the ice that smashed into it thousands of years ago...

Attached: tectonic-plates.jpg (1377x958, 195K)

>that comic

umm sweetie?

Attached: 1e04b72c445fd50d09b863f0af152b43.png (410x426, 17K)

>how the earth got all its water

Attached: aliens.jpg (555x485, 29K)

Orly? That's an epic win.

I don't think there's a word that deserved to be ruined less than epic

but that meme was literally dated 2015