Why are there so many celebrity phycisists (Tyson, Krauss, Hawking, Kaku, Cox, Greene, etc...

Why are there so many celebrity phycisists (Tyson, Krauss, Hawking, Kaku, Cox, Greene, etc.) but basically no celebs for other STEM fields?

Attached: vPwXjys.jpg (2520x1677, 829K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green–Tao_theorem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Something to do with the hype from the Nobel Prize in Physics

Because people know that physics is the most fundamental
and there was a lot of hype about it since Einstein

because physics is today's philosophy,
that is, it paints a world view

2000 years ago it was carpentry

They're good at stealing papers and ideas from actual autists and presenting them in a way that a money-engorged populace can understand.

Attached: tyson.jpg (605x1008, 164K)

biology's got Dawkins innit

Then why are there no mathematicians on their fame level?

Because Physics is the most fun.

You can't make pretty simulations of Homophobic Algebraic structures. No one but mathematicians give a shit.
Now, dude black holes lmao

I thought about that, but I'm pretty sure he's more known for being one of the 4 horsemen of atheism.

Because math is just too boring if you don't understand anything and the other sciences make brainlets feel like they can actually follow the reasoning and grasp what's being discussed.
Physics is both cool and mysterious because it's very smart people saying trippy stoner stuff but no one knows how they came to the conclusion (other than "genius")

I guess it's just easier to hype up shit like black holes and the universe than it is other shit

What do you think of when you think of master engineer? Fucking plumbers n shit

You need people to dumbdown the complexities of physics. Biology is easy to understand in comparison to physics also, physics has more philosophical implications than just plain biology.

I think of bioengineers that will one day make us superhuman

laughed, saved

Pop science "celebrities" should be ignored at all costs. They appeal to the lowest common denominator.

Kaku is a fucking narcissist. Just listen to the way he talks.

Tyson is an egomaniac. Krauss is a sperglord.
Hawking is degenerate.

They should all just shut up and stop trying to get TV science episode deals.

We should ignore Sagan too?

m-muh feelings

*blocks your path*

Attached: 36849580-E1AF-445D-ADC8-90D035935141.jpg (2048x1365, 305K)

He's hardly known outside of the mathematician circle. Ask the average person who he is, and they will have no clue.

I'm an average person, not in any mathematics circles. Who is this guy? I have no clue.

Because physics speak of the natural of reality and tangentially answers (or tries to) the deep questions of our existence and the universe.
Other fields concern themselves with specific nerdy problems that the average brainlet couldn't be bothered about.

Rachel Maddow

Pinker, chomskey, dawkins, peterson

Dubs confirm

- Dawkins is known for being an atheist

- Peterson is known for not liking SJW's

- Chomskey is known for being a philosopher

- Pinker is known for his hair

You can make some pretty cool things with math for non technical people. mathematicians just don't care about the public as much

And Krugman as well.

Sagan probably, plus

>Dawkins known for being atheist
I disagree, his books were popular before he took the throne as the King of Cringey Teenagers
Also:
>E O Wilson
>Stephen Gould

But yeah definitely mostly physics and shit
Feels bad that there's no chem representation at all

>mathematicians had more autism level.

Newtonian physic get linked to engineer.
Einstein, Quantum Mechanics and works in Atomic bomb rebuild interest on physic.
Some people start write Sci-Fi using shitty physic get interest on Quantum mechanics, inter planet travel, worm holes, start general divulgation on physic as part Sci-Fi pop nerd culture.

Because you can make colorful analogies to help people understand things in physics and give them a false sense of superiority. Like the bowling ball and the trampoline to explain how mass warps time and space.

All the people RIPing the cripple are just I fucking love science normies.

Yes.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

It's a kike scam. You can spout whatever non-sense about cool sounding shit as a physishit because the normies have no idea what actual physishits do, it's not so easy with other STEM-fields because the normies have a vague idea about what they entail. It's kinda like the corrupted church of the past, where they sell """miracles""" (I FRIGGING LOVE SCIENCE XD) for public (((research funds))).

Attached: eca.png (502x277, 370K)

Because people like to listen to his lies in order to reinforce their disbelief in God and the EXTREMELY PAINFUL punishment that is coming to them.

>they're kikes
>they're atheists
make up your mind

Most famous atheists are, in fact, crypto jews. You must be young.

Attached: 96126A40-7738-41A7-AFE2-74594A17CA26.png (600x336, 144K)

>to be in a religion of god, you must also disbelieve in it
what's it like being a brainlet

The current batch of popularizers don't believe in god (even though they've merely replaced god with quantum woowoo). But most enginiggers are religious and conservative so obviously they're not allowed to speak on anything.

I don’t think you understand.

I don't understand how someone can be this retarded

Even if physics is fundamental there are many problems too complex for it to answer. I'm a geologist. Try using physics to map the movement of underground aquifers or the transpiration rate of a riparian zone of a river system or the movement rate of rock in the Mohorovic Discontinuity. We can't even predict earthquakes or volcanoes, we have to use information of past ruptures and eruptions to predict upcoming events, we cannot use physics.

My father was a physicist who worked for JPL for 25 years. I recall a conversation I had when I was in school about the difficulties in calculating a river's discharge rate in the future based on rainfall patterns in the present and how little we know because of the complexity of the problem and he told me about problems they faced as rocket scientists trying to predict how a rocket would interact with all the atmospheric conditions it'll face trying to reach orbit. The problem was too difficult for physics to answer, they just had to go out and blow up a bunch of rockets till they learned what worked.

A trained geologist is far better at answering questions about the dangers of a building in a landslide zone than a physicist. So worshiping physics like we do is disheartening.

You seem to think physics is math.

Nice reply, but you don’t understand what we’re implying here. Crypto-Judaism is the secret adherence to Judaism while publicly professing to be of another faith. Atheism, though not a religion, is used by the Jew to attack Christianity and create a godless, degenerate society.

Uhhhhh, ok? Simple example. Physics is what's driving water in a river down to the ocean. It's just gravity, the hydrogen bonds of water, and friction.

So, I have say 2000 liters per second of water moving through a river with a stream gradient of 2 meters per kilometer. Please tell me how much water I will have for use on a farm 400 kilometers downstream.

Good luck ...... you're fucked

And why would they want to do that?

Sour Grapes: The Post

>Oh yes Dr. Kaku, please explain the design faults of nuclear reactors, it surely ties into your field of theoretical physics.

Fucking hate this clown.

An deeply seated hatred of Christianity and to control the goyim.

I understand the implications that you want to believe a religious group wants to use a group of non believers as a weapon against another religious group. In the end no one believes in god, so jews also lose their sway in their mind control schemes.

What I don't understand is how does this not sound retarded.

>Jews
>losing
Do you live under a rock?

good goyim

This guy knows what's up. Physics deals with ideal and abstract concepts while other stem fields deal with reality and applying solutions. There is nothing wrong with either field, they are just two different mindsets solving two different problems.

It would be like trying to use a drill to put a nail through a board. Drills are great for screws, but horrible for nails. You need to use the right tools for the job.

Do normies know Edward Witten? .
(and his huge brain?)

Attached: images(4).jpg (400x382, 16K)

Reminder That Elon Musk has Physics BSc

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 18K)

Mandelbrot, and that's only second hand, as it were.

How to transport a cow:

>mathematician
assume the cow is a torus
>physicist
assume the cow is a sphere of uniform density in a vacuum
>Engineer
assume the cow is sufficiently restrained
>psychology
we must first understand why are you moving a cow
>gender studies
assume the cow is a bull

>gender studies
assume that bull semen is cow milk

Do one for economics

Engineering already gets enough funding.

Math doesn't care.

>Why are there so many celebrity (((phycisists)))
You just answered your own question m80

Attached: autistpeptype.jpg (1000x800, 56K)

Pay someone else to move the cow.

>economics
If the market wanted the cow in a different location it would already be there.

Like Kaku the Kike?

>MBA
Get Indian H1B workers say Indian had valuable experience about transport cow that Americans.

Who is this guy?

India really fucked with the meaning of engineer.

>what is FEA
have you been out of the field for decades grampa?

A math genius called Terence Tao

Age 7 - begins High School
Age 9 - begins University
Age 10,11,12 - bronze, silver and gold medal at International Math Olympics
Age 16 - Math Bsc with Honours
Age 17 - Math MSc with Honours
Age 21 - Math PhD in Princeton
Age 24 - Professor at UCLA
Age 31 - Fields Medal aka "Nobel" of Math

Attached: Terence Tao Childhood.jpg (470x313, 39K)

>can't even beat question 6
DROPPED

Attached: b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg (600x338, 16K)

I wonder what it would feel to be engineered to be a "genius" from a young age.

True, but he also came up with the idea of memes and while most people don't know what the concept of a meme actually is or that he came up the it, they have heard of it.

but that's just a derivative of physics

Oh my what a cute precocious child, I hope his much older classmates /ss/ed him plenty.

>starts hs at age 7
fucking pleb, not starting hs at 4.

One of the few progenies who actually also turned out to be a talented researcher.

ok but what has he actually done? anything useful?

>starts hs at age 7
fucking pleb, not starting hs at -1

Fields medal ("Nobel in Math") for Green–Tao theorem (Number Theory). It hasn't any userful application.

Useless. But that's not a surprise, since most of pure mathematicians are focusing in useless things nowadays.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green–Tao_theorem

Why not an algebraic geometer pop star?

Attached: 1519665421561.jpg (417x417, 28K)

Physics is the only real science
Biology, chemistry, compsci etc should all be reclassified as arts programs

Even few B.S Math know about A.G

is it because other fields are still making a lot of progress but physics needs to distract from the 30years flaccid penis?

Like what? I'm legit interested.

Physics master race

Attached: majors by iq &gender.png (500x499, 27K)

oh no no don't let the feminists see this

Craig Venter

Attached: 123.jpg (450x253, 31K)

There are lots of religious undertones to physics in general

because high level mathematicians just play little games with math and there's no real objective connection to reality, unlike physics

expanding the fields of mathematics is useful in itself, as it causes other people to learn about the new horizons which often become useful later.

just think about all the places pi shows up outside of geometry. same with e.
the Lorentz transformations were pure mathematics before it was discovered they were perfect for describing large parts of Special Relativity. your gps wouldn't work without it.
Mandelbrot and all the fractal shit later became useful in chaos theory for understanding things as various as drips from a faucet, how a tree grows, predicting the spread of disease, and managing the flow of traffic in large metropolitan areas.

it's probably not the standard, but it can become useful later, and since we can afford to pay nerds to think, it's good for us. i wonder what else Newton could have found if he didn't have to spend time inventing calculus to further his scientific work.

mathematicians are virgins

stop replying to everyone dumbass

>philosopher
u can't know how to transport a cow. u can't even know that u can't know how to transport a cow

Because it's the only field in STEM that contains so much intellectual wankery and dick waiving contests. Also normies can relate their normie sci-if shows with it.

It's too bad his brilliant mind is wasted on a useless field as pure mathematics.

because physics attracts dominant people. even for just an undergrad in physics you have people like dread pirate robert (silkroad dude) and musk
it's also a male dominated field like engineering and computers science and both of those have nye and tesla and kurzweil and bezos (you can probs find more) in that order
other fields in stem that are 50/50 or female dominated like math, biology, chemistry, etc don't attract the same people and are usually not as well rounded as physics majors. as well mathematicians are autists and their specialized knowledge doesn't really let them speak to the public to get popular like most of the dudes listed in this thread

too abstract and divorced from reality

lets compare Chemistry to Physics

>black holes and universe ending shit

>organic chem
>inorganic
>analytical

I have a few mates who are engineers and physicists and hell will freeze over before they talk to me for more about chem than the 5 minutes it takes me to explain something that might be relevant to their work once every 6 months

Attached: 1509429409814.jpg (336x229, 23K)