"People who wear lab coats for work is not really scientists, but data production grunts."

>"People who wear lab coats for work is not really scientists, but data production grunts."
--- Neill deGrasse Tyson, 2018

Wow. This was the first time I agreed with black science man. How do we shift the image of a scientist from these biologists and experimental physicists handling machines to the people who actually do the brain work sitting at their desks among mountains of paper?

Attached: 41FvIEX5MPL._SY445_.jpg (237x445, 19K)

fuck that, instead how do we make the opinions of the average moron not matter in research at all?

Just keep pointing out that none of the famous scientists wear lab coats, maybe it will stick some day.

he's right you know
>all the lab techs/grad students run reactions wearing lab coats and proper ppe like virgins
>chad PI waltzes in and handles caustic reagents wearing a t-shirt, shorts, and crocs.

Attached: 1509079870230.jpg (1215x349, 387K)

People who wear spacesuits for work are not really astronauts, but satellite repair grunts.

Clean that gas chromatograph brainlet

Medical doctors often wear lab coats simply due to brand recognition. It tells the patient "this is the man that will heal you" at a glance and acts as a badge of authority and trustworthiness. They will also wear archaic stethoscopes for similar reasons.

Helps distinguish practicing docs from nurses and murder-happy interns.

Labcoats are cool, my Japanese animes taught me this.

>Not wearing the obviously superior black lab coat under a black light for maximum /evilmadsci/

Son, I am disappoint.

Attached: ME-6116015LRL.jpg (675x870, 51K)

shit, this is some effay shit

Can confirm, I feel cool af wearing my lab coat.

Attached: 29ef98f7f44a70ab80fead46332eb1e6--gates-search.jpg (500x407, 61K)

Always.
Remember.
Where.
You.
Came.
From.

Attached: BFF.jpg (600x1094, 102K)

Grey, cause I couldn't decide.

No bulli.

Attached: 51AgXH-ka1L._UX342_.jpg (342x412, 10K)

I'm on a molecular biology lab and no one here uses coats. I think that they are only used for photos and to fuck up undergrad students that forget their coats on a exam day.

by letting me fuck ur mum's butthole

this desu
In many groups, people don't give that much of a fuck about lab coats

Who else /programinalabcoat/?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

>archaic stethoscopes
lolwut

Nowadays doctors who actually need to hear what's going on in your organs will use an electronic stethophone, so they can record, isolate, and play back the gurgling in your innards if needed.

Auscultation is an important part of bedside manner. The physical contact and close proximity help build trust and rapport. I haven't taken an automated BP in years.

Low tech stethoscopes have their place, especially in critical care.

Well, you'd have to make research independent of democratically governed funding.

>none of the famous scientists wear lab coats
This is only true for physics.

>math
>CS
>any type of eng

Attached: 1519928393948.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

He said scientists

>math
>cs
>fucking engineering
>sciences

Attached: fellini-and-masina-on-the-set-of-la-strada.jpg (685x1024, 142K)

you think normies can tell the difference?

I sure can't.

>switched from ChemE to CS
>still use my lab coats at home

Attached: Emily Dickinson retrato.jpg (1600x1600, 211K)

I hate my lab coat is not effay enough

This.

Because you can't make a black hole in a lab.

>Wow. This was the first time I agreed with black science man.
niggers finally united.
if you're a decent scientist you occasionally want to get your hands dirty just to stay in touch with reality

It's not about fashion. Those things are comfy as fuck. Doesn't matter if I have to sit in 70° or -40°. The lab coat keeps me temperate af.

Who here has a tie-dye labcoat?

Attached: youth-rainbow-spiral-tie-dye-t-shirt2.jpg (1750x2500, 560K)

This. true scientists wear hoodies and tracksuits.

>not just going full fedora and wearing a trench coat in the laboratory

Attached: 1432695781992.jpg (367x500, 26K)

Science is data production grunting. No theories would worth shit without empirical evidence.

Reminder that the scientific method is based on testing theories, not doing math.

Shit, beat me to it.

I'm black and wear jordan jerseys while working in my lab nigga.

Attached: 015.jpg (480x360, 9K)

theyre not mutually exclusive senpai you can do both and many people do .

Actually the new trend is for us MD's to wear patagonia fleece jackets instead of white coat

M-Mathematician senpai...
Why?

;-;

Attached: CryingAnimeGFolder#3942.jpg (300x168, 5K)

I've been trying and I can't find a legit source for that quote.

I don't wear a lab coat unless im working with something super toxic, same for everyone else in my lab. I don't think I even have a dedicated lab coat to use, I always end up stealing someone else's or grabbing a random clean one from the laundry pile.

reminder that if someone is famous they're not a real scientist

reminder that everyone famous is a scientist

Did he also note that people who only say on TV how they fucking love science are not scientists either?

reminder that you're both famous and scientists

Attached: scientism.png (1721x796, 359K)

>lab techs/grad students

what the fuck kind of uptight lab do you work in? our entire building is full of scientists who don't wear labcoats at all kek (besides one lab that gets made fun of for it)