Is this tasty? I'm not American

Is this tasty? I'm not American

It's sweet

Also I don't think Americans fuck with this too much, I have never touched it or seen anyone else use it. I think it's more south American or something

It's very sweet and only used for desserts, Thai iced tea, and making caramel.

I fuck with it but only when making Mexican deserts.

Not by itself. It's mostly used as an ingredient in a larger recipe.

You're correct. Here in Brazil the sweet type is the only condensed milk you'll find in any grocery store.

What can I make with it?

And Vietnamese coffee
For the US it's mostly a holdover from early 20th century when home refrigerators were scarce and everything needed to be canned for storage

we use it all the time down here in Louisiana for Pecan Candy. I love the milk.

Probably the easiest is Thai iced tea or Vietnamese iced coffee.

>Also I don't think Americans fuck with this too much,

thats completely wrong. every old person living in a flyover state has at least 5 cans in their cupboard at all times.

I've only used it for flan

I use it for horchata.

I have never seen it in america outside a Chinese restaurant. West coaster

never had it but evaporated milk is the shit

>I think it's more south American or something
It's more of an Old American thing.
Condensed milk and Powdered milk were staples before widespread refrigeration.

Worth keeping around for treats like cafe bonbon imo.

Try key lime pie with it

Take one can of that, one package of crushed Graham crackers and one package of chocolate chips and you have the ultimate chocolate chip cookies.

DULCE

DE

LECHE

This is extremely accurate.

As far as I know, Mexicans use this product. I don’t see the difference between this and cream mixed with sugar

Condensed milk is awesome. I consider it a staple for sauces, soup, and coffee. It's nice in some baked goods, too. I don't buy the sweetened stuff, though.

I only buy condensed milk when I'm making pumpkin pie.

Go BACK to hell.

That's EVAPORATED MILK you're talking about. I think this is one of those things that confuse some people.
Evaporated milk = shelf stable, reduced milk that isn't sweetened, but is thick and creamy. Perfect for cooking and baking.

Sweetened condensed milk = milk reduced with sugar till it's a syrup consistency, used for baking, desserts, and drinks mainly.

>Veeky Forums doesnt know the difference between evaporated and sweetened condensed milk

oh boy

This

Also refrigerate it and then eat it with a spoon out of the tin.

It's the same thing, but one doesn't have sugar. It's not confusing.

Fudge, caramel, toffee

It's confusing for some people, apparently, since so many people confuse the two. Also, they're not processed the same, besides both being canned dairy, they're not the same.

Why what's wrong user?

this is common in a lot ofc outnries other than america...

Maybe if you're baking the differences in processing make one shit bit of difference.

my dad adds an entire can of this to mashed potato

just stay away from that shit that says 'filled milk' in small letters

Its American, you get it in any grocery store

Its great in coffee but good for making quick easy ice cream

-1 can sweetened condensed milk
-1 pint heavy whipping cream
-1 dash on any flavor you want

whip the cream until you get 'soft peaks' in it. Stir condensed milk and whatever flavor you picked into the whipped cream. Freeze for 8 hours I think. Done!

Ive been doing this for green tea ice cream because that shit is too expensive and hard to find

literally look in any Walmart/Target/kmart etc at the end of the soup/cans section

>my dad adds an entire can of this to mashed potato
More likely he is using evaporated milk a very common pantry staple to use vs having fresh cream on hand, not sweetened condensed.

it's not the same

Evaporated milk has a consistency like water and isnt that much sweeter than regular milk
Sweetened condensed milk is viscous like molasses and tastes like caramel

>my dad adds an entire can of this to mashed potato

lol that would be an interesting milk-potato pudding

>Sweetened condensed milk is viscous like molasses and tastes like caramel
depends on how how much water the mfr boiled off. the best kinds are thick and a very light caramel color

you can make it much more caramel flavored and thicker by continuing to cook it (dulce de leche). boil the unopened cans submerged in water for 3-4 hours.

You're a fucking moron.

No, it's in the baking aisle.

You’re a pedantic piece of shit that wants to make mountains an out of molehills.

>that user who ate a whole can and didn't know how much calories this had
Kek

>boil the unopened cans submerged in water for 3-4 hours

sounds like a good way to get blasted with exploded caramel

It's perfectly safe as long as you don't let the water level dip too far.

nah you're really an idiot

>one is thicker because sugar
Woo, you sure showed why I'm a moron. Please list the differences there would be if that sugar was not included, and how those impact use and the significance of those impacts.

Mix a teaspoon of butter and chocolate powder and you have the most common dessert in Brazil.

Get a bunch of strawberries and throw some condensed milk on top of them. Best way to eat strawberries that are not sweet.

the sugar is the difference you idiot. Converting evaporated milk into sweetened condensed milk is 1 cup of sugar PER cup of evaporated milk. You can't just right off half of the entire product. It's also an hour of constant whisking over low heat to even change one to the other. It's transformative also not something you can just write off

>if that sugar was not included, and how those impact use and the significance of those impacts

obviously you dont use condensed milk anywhere you dont want thickness and added sugar

you're still an idiot and shouldn't way in on a subject if you have to rely on google for quick answers

no, both are milk with about 60% of water boiled off. but condensed milk has sugar added.
You fuckin' idiot.

Hey fuckwad, If you follow the chain of replies back, you will see that it has already been established that one having sugar and the other not is the primary difference. Whether or not you want to call it condensed or evaporated, who the fuck cares, so long as it is specified sweetened or not, because that's the only fucking difference, you twat cheese discharge.

They have different densities through different processing methods you utter fuckwad.
A sweetened evaporated milk would not be the thick molasses like product that condensed milk is

adding sugar to evaporated milk does not automatically turn it into condensed. If you want the one to turn into the other you HAVE to process it

Whether or not you want to be obtuse about names is your own issue. That doesnt make them the same thing

You're still an idiot. Both of you

This is the stupidest argument I've ever saw

*seen

yeah, with sugar added as it is heated, you dumb fuck

spread some on a baguette. delicious.

>describe the process of turning one thing into something else
>durr its the same thing

it took almost an hour for you to come up with this weak shit. It's high time you considered offing yourself

*saw
We've already established that the primary difference between "seen" and " saw" is not the conjugation, fuckwad.