Danielewski (House of Leaves) is currently in the midst of writing 27 consecutive 880 page books about a...

>Danielewski (House of Leaves) is currently in the midst of writing 27 consecutive 880 page books about a twelve-year-old girl named Xanther and some loosely connected characters from across the world

What other writers have seen a modicum of success and then gone batshit insane?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/08/26/215734035/new-salinger-books-will-arrive-in-2015-authors-say
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

House of leaves is unreadable.

He burned too bright and snapped in less than a decade.

It's very readable

on a train or public place, not so much

the infinite jest guy killed himself right? does that count?

I believe Wallace always coped with depression. That's not to say it wasn't exacerbated by his success but his suicide had as much to do with him going off his meds.

killing yourself is the opposite of this

it's the mark of true artistry

i've been wondering what it takes to be a true artist

universal acclaim here i come

i support this hypothesis

writers need to learn the right way to go tastefully mad, it's more becoming that way

or just kill themselves, then they can be true artists

this of course but it's better to leave an aesthetic paper trail behind don't you think

It's called a one hit wonder.

Can't identify the specific complex but there's a psychotic break within the past 12 years.

elaborate

nigga only got cooler with age

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/08/26/215734035/new-salinger-books-will-arrive-in-2015-authors-say

Where are they

I'm not a salinger fan but i want to at least see them get out there

t.person who tried to read Jerusalem and failed

Read all volumes of the familiar and I love it. Not batshit insane at all, it's his 'in search of lost time.' The man just HS an incredible work ethic, and it's definitely his most feelsy work.

Always thought OR was better than HoL, but I think I like this current project better than both of them.

What is exactly about, if you could summarise vaguely?

can't really make heads of the wiki summary's and they don't really sell it well (I really enjoyed HoL)

Are there good ebooks of House of Leaves? I heard it does weird typography and shit.

i can't imagine it is even remotely readable through that medium

even if it was, it'd have to remove all the gimmicks that the book is known for

I'd say it'd be nearly unreadable in that format, I'd just buy it physical

>(shed))
How close is he to name the (((jew))) in these books? Are they redpilled?

>in the midst of writing 27 consecutive 880 page books
I thought this was a joke but holy shit