What should I make for my grandfatgers birthday? Would homemade pate be a stupid gift...

What should I make for my grandfatgers birthday? Would homemade pate be a stupid gift? I could get him a nice hard liquor, but everyone gets him hard liquor and he won't go through it in his lifetime

Other urls found in this thread:

foodwishes.blogspot.com/2017/01/pate-de-campagne-finally-something.html?m=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well does he like pate?

WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM YOU SORRY LITTLE INGRATE

make for him a BLT sandwich.

what does he like to eat?

Yeah I think so. But he also likes a lot of other stuff, kinda worldly palette for an old rural guy

Well maybe I want to surprise him

If you think he would enjoy pate then see if you can get ahold of trouis petite choucons' sauternes wine and goose liver if they still make it. My mother is finicky as fuck and she will gobble it.

Get him a nursing home pamphlet.

ask your mom/dad/grandma/uncle/aunts/etc for ideas

Get him some really nice snacks and sides that go with the liquor he has and drink with him.

Cock au vin blanc, made with sauternes and lots of butter like my great grandmother used to make. It's his favorite dish. He has an Armagnac after large celebratory meals while lighting a fire and just sits there with his hands folded, thinking, watching the flames dance and flicker.

/cl/ is usually worth a lot of good suggestions
I was thinking about making this foodwishes.blogspot.com/2017/01/pate-de-campagne-finally-something.html?m=1

I would love homemade pate. What a lovely idea!

it's only stupid if he doesn't like pate

It's hard to give suggestions for a specific person we don't know. I think homemade pate would be a great gift though.

give him some stuff to go with the pate, maybe some nice crackers and a jar of homemade pickles. if I got a basket like that for my birthday id me thrilled

every old person I've ever met has liked maple walnut ice cream, make him some of that

The recipe calls for brandy, would it be trashy to give him the rest of the brandy since its been used?

If you pour it into a decorative flask, then no. Otherwise, yes.

I know little about garde manager. You could force me into making a terrine or pate but I don't want to. I can make little cold finger foods but again, I consider it to not be my field. They would turn out fantastic though.

A brandy and a pate made with that brandy? Sounds pretty interesting to me.

>If you pour it into a decorative flask

Do this OP, not only is the basket that mentioned a good idea, having a nice, filled flask be part of it is just a cherry on the cake.