Is anyone doing better fast food on a national scale lately than Arby's...

Is anyone doing better fast food on a national scale lately than Arby's? These motherfuckers got a new sandwich line out every week and 9/10 times they're good as fuck and big. The venison thing this past weekend wasn't for me (I tried and hated it) but I admire the effort and creativity.

Our sauce-cook used to work there and he praised it for how it was years ago. In terms of fast food it is probably the best bang for your buck; never dry and always tasty.

Murphy's take and bake is fantastic but I don't think it counts as fast food, and I know of another chain or two but they aren't national. Though Culver's is damned close.

Why do people shit on Arby's so much? For fast food it's pretty decent and fairly priced. I'd still rather go to a deli to get a roast beef sandwich, but the same is true for real burger joints over McDonald's or Wendy's.

Deli bread is usually quite inferior in every place I've lived, and going to a bakery then heating up meat afterwards is not fast food. Real burger joints or restaurants have a tendency to use sirloin patties and not overwork them, or pre-made la frieda's. It's still one hell of alot better to buy ground sirloin and bread and make your own half-pounder for three dollars total.

I just typed out a carefully worded and rational response and accidentally erased it. I even gave these idiots a couple of (you)s. I'm not going to type it out again, but here's the bullet points:

Much like Wendy's, Arby's is no longer cheap. A simple beef and cheddar is like 3 or 4 bucks.

I know it's fun to pretend shill, I do it often, but Arby's is a ripoff nowadays. A couple of B&C's, a reuben, some curly fries and a drink is gonna run you like $30.

Arby's gives me a headache

>A couple of B&C's, a reuben, some curly fries and a drink
How fucking fat are you?
Just get the combo with the reuben for like $8 and you're done.

I like em'. The only national fast food joint I frequent.

Yeah, really the only fast food that has better than mediocre food.

I was hoping he meant for his family. Otherwise, what the fuck.

Arby's, Zaxby's, Cookout, and Chic-fil-a are the only fast food joints I frequent now a days.

My son likes arbys. I dont know why.
Wait, let me back up.
We dont eat a lot of fast food but whenever i drag my son out with me do go shopping we stop somewhere for lunch.
There arent a lot of options. Its pretty much just arbys and mcshits.
We happen to be out when the the knew rodent meat sandwich is released. My son (hes 11) comments on how busy it is for an arbys. He is impressed by how busy it is compared to usual.
And i agree. The amount of customers was at least double what we usually see.
There were about 5 or six people there. Still no line though.

one just opened up like 3 days ago in my city, i dont think its been without a customer since. damn its so good

Their chicken is pretty good. I like the chicken... bacon...swisss.. thing sandwich. I dont really recomend anything else.

Nothing like a delicious venison burger

I love their French Dip. 2 for 5 French Dip is bomb.

>Just get the combo with the reuben for like $8
Medium reuben combo is exactly $8 at the Arby's by my office.
It's super nice.

That's cheap af

Arby's is definitely getting their shit together and their Reuben is shockingly decent.

I've had their Reuben a few times and it's really quite good.

Not even a shill, but I took a chance and stopped at arbys on the way home this past weekend for the first time in years. I got the smokehouse brisket and it was bretty gud. A little greasy, as you'd expect, but really tasty.

I might make a semi-regular habit of visiting just to see what they're doing, honestly.

I doubt your fat ass would have written a carefully worded and rational response, so I'm glad you spared us by erasing it.

do they still have the giant one?
I get the regular one sometimes, but I've been dieting

I'm going to keep the weight off this time darn it!

The buffalo chicken slider is the best.

honestly have to give it to arbies. 5 years ago, even 10 years ago, you could have just said, 'yeah arbies has about 3 years left to live'.

but they fuckin stuck with it and now they're getting into their groove.

i look forward to watching arbies become super fucking venerated.

>venerated

I have never heard this word before, nor do i know what it means.

It's gotten expensive. I have coupons so i've been hitting it a lot this month but once I run out I probably won't bother for a while.

Just get a couple of and a curly fries. Under 6 bucks, and you are full.

Those are fucking good. If I ever happen about an Arby's during their happy hour i'm going to stuff my face.

I think they have some strange quality control issue. The food gets exponentially worse the farther you get away from their test market in Richmond, VA.

In Richmond its great and easily one of the best fast food places, a number of the chains have full control over their menu and have things like rotisserie chickens and beer.

Go up the coast and eat it in Philly and its simply ok.

The only people I've ever heard say Arby's is gross are people from California.

>The only people I've ever heard say Arby's is gross are people from California.
We're probably just spoiled by in and out

5 Guys is from DC and first expanded to Northern VA and Richmond. Arby's is just worse in other states

>do they still have the giant one?
no. I completely forgot those even existed and I work at the damn place.

the only reason 5 guys became popular is because after obama had gotten elected he was doing one of those things where a reporter follows him around for a day, and he stopped at 5 guys to pick up food for his staff at the white house.
It was inorganic and completely set up, why is the president the one fetching lunch?

either way 5 guys boomed in popularity after that aired and expanded like crazy

basically they got lucky obama felt like having a cheeseburger