Is mental illness the biggest meme of the 21st century?

Everyone seems to have a mental illness™ these days whether its depression®, ADHD® or bipolar disorder®. Its just cool and hip to have a mental illness™ that the fine line between an actual illness and pure laziness and stupidity is becoming increasingly blurred. What can be done to stop this worrying trend of degeneracy Veeky Forums?

Attached: onlinemental-illness-in-college-students-3x5-620x522.jpg (620x522, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877065711000029?via=ihub
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Since it's no longer taboo to talk about your literal being malfunctioning people are voicing their concerns over the slightest issue.

Don't worry, soon all mental illness will be celebrated and they'll be having schizo pride marches in the street. Just pop another little blue pill for your depression and go back to sleep, goy.

Legit, I have ADHD. It takes me almost 30 minutes to read a 5 page article. Aside from mathematics, I have huge issues with memory and focus for every subject. It takes me almost 2 weeks to write a lab report when most students complete it in a weekend. 3 courses of work is more like 5 for me. It is a legitimate disorder for a few of us.

its such a cop out. everyone has "anxiety" or "depression" or even worse "ADD". Everyone's problems come from not being able to control themselves. They're just mental weaklings who don't want to build discipline in their lives. They're always coming up with some excuse as to why they cant do something.

Anxiety and depression are related to chemical imbalances in the brain causing the symptoms but it does get faked a lot but ADD/ADHD I get fishy about especially when it's a kid because you don't know the kid might just be a brat.

Yeah, I'm just lazy and stupid, there's nothing wrong about the misalignment between my environment and natural inclinations. Seeking medical attention as a remedy? No thanks, I'll just fuck up my life instead.

NOTHING

Years ago in a major city I discovered by chance the entire school system had 300 different listed learning disabilities the students could be diagnosed with

Nothing, and I mean nothing, short of nuclear bombs ... uh no that won't do it either - they'll have 600 or a thousand then afterwards

itt: people who don’t know what they’re talking about

why am I not surprised?

And do you know any better and if yes please teach us.

have you taken an iq test (from a psychologist)? adhd is basically an executive functioning deficit, I.e., corpus callous too small so you have trouble starting/transitioning between tasks

That's not true. I got tested and confirmed for stupid and lazy.

probably the dumbest post I've seen on this board. some things documented in DSM probably shouldn't be medicalized to the extent that they are, but to discount every single mental illness based on some that could be bogus is bullshit.

t. little brains that haven't into a medical textbook about mental illnesses like ADHD, depression or anxiety

Weak.

this is the only real response one should make to OP.

user how did you get diagnosed, I've always had trouble in the classroom and can only 'learn' from being by myself. Most people here say that but I can't recall a single thing I did today in lecture.

Not him, but if you're curious may I ask you a few questions to which you will (hopefully) respond truthfully?

Go for it I have a project due tomorrow in a course in MIPS that's 10% of my grade :')

You call that a rebuttal?

Answer the following:

would you consider yourself good driver, or impatient?

Do you find yourself constantly late, or not noticing time going by?

Do you drink lots of coffee?

Do you find you have a bit of an addictive personality?

Do you experience mood swings, especially when tired or stressed?

Do you constantly need to be moving?

Would you describe yourself as overweight? Underweight? Do you snack frequently or seldom?

When you are having a conversation, do you find you'll side track it with a different topic that you found related to the first topic? Does it confuse everyone else? Has a signficant other been upset by you "never listening" when this has happened?

Do you find when you have a hobby you enjoy you'll think about it constantly?

Do you get a decent nights sleep?

Do you make eye contact with people frequently?

Would you say you are satisfied with yourself and where you are in life? Would you say you are happy with yourself? cont.

Cont.
Do you feel you are not accomplishing your full potential? Have you heard the phrase "(s)he's a very smart child but..." from teachers?

Were you disruptive in class?

Do you dominate the conversation or interrupt?

Did you have trouble maintaining friendships?

Do you often make simple mistakes? Such as missing a test question/page, forgetting assignment due dates, lose your keys etc?

Do you frequently feel unmotivated?

I should say,
when you have a hobby, do you find it difficult to think of anything else?

Do you make and hold eye contact with people?

Mental illnesses are just how we define an inability to meet the expectations of schools, our jobs, or other people/society in general.

We consider these a disability due to the need to suceed in those situations in order to make money to feed ourselves.

The specific mental illness diagnoses we have are defined by the DSM, which was invented to justify treatment to insurance companies.

So really mental illnesses are just what you call needing medication in order to be able to have a job.

>would you consider yourself good driver, or impatient?
nervous on highways
>Do you find yourself constantly late, or not noticing time going by?
I get anxious about being late so I lose 1 hour or so waiting to go out the door
>Do you drink lots of coffee?
recently stopped trying to reduce stress
>Do you find you have a bit of an addictive personality?
partially, pick up and drop hobbies all the time
>Do you experience mood swings, especially when tired or stressed?
yes
>Do you constantly need to be moving?
yes cannot stand still on train platform, been yelled at for pacing at home
>Would you describe yourself as overweight? Underweight? Do you snack frequently or seldom?
Fluctuates too much from medications to give honest answer

>When you are having a conversation, do you find you'll side track it with a different topic that you found related to the first topic? Does it confuse everyone else? Has a signficant other been upset by you "never listening" when this has happened?
Yes
>Do you find when you have a hobby you enjoy you'll think about it constantly?
Yes
>Do you get a decent nights sleep?
no, even with low caffeine
>Do you make eye contact with people frequently?
Yes but break it frequently on off on off....
>Would you say you are satisfied with yourself and where you are in life? Would you say you are happy with yourself?
Absolutely not, I feel I have some awful mental weight preventing me from being who I want to be and working hard as I could.

note: prescribed prednisone but dosage is low enough it shouldn't have mental effects 9mg with a weight of 155 lbs

>Do you feel you are not accomplishing your full potential? Have you heard the phrase "(s)he's a very smart child but..." from teachers?
Damn I even said it before I read this post. Yes, problems with directions on worksheets or assignments
>Were you disruptive in class?
yes
>Do you dominate the conversation or interrupt?
yes
>Did you have trouble maintaining friendships?
no
>Do you often make simple mistakes? Such as missing a test question/page, forgetting assignment due dates, lose your keys etc?
yes
>Do you frequently feel unmotivated?
yes

I have ADHD and I'm open to answering questions as well.

I'm patient almost to a fault when driving and tend to day dream, otherwise I'm still polite but I tend to obsess over what speed I'm going a lot.
I've learned to accomodate this by planning to leave half an hour earlier than I need to to be "on time", so I'm often not late, but I tend to lose track of time and leave later than planned anways.
Often yes, not always.
Less than some in my family. I'd say so-so.
Depends, but not as much as some that I've seen.
Yes. Sometimes not literally. I meditate but it's a skill that takes a lot to do.
>Would you describe yourself as overweight? Underweight? Do you snack frequently or seldom?
Medically underweight, tend to snack often and impulsively.
>When you are having a conversation, do you find you'll side track ...? Does it confuse everyone else? Has a signficant other been upset by you "never listening" ...?

Yes, constantly, my entirely life.

I have like 10 hobbies that I'm thinking about constantly.
Almost never. I want to sleep 14 hours a day usually.
Yes.
>Would you say you are satisfied with yourself and where you are in life?
Just as of the past year, yes.

T. Brainlet

>Do you feel you are not accomplishing your full potential? Have you heard the phrase "(s)he's a very smart child but..." from teachers?
Starting from age 6, yes.
No, but I always bring a book to read or else I fall asleep.
Yes
Yeah, I tend to mostly exclusively have romantic relationships.
>Do you often make simple mistakes? Such as missing a test question/page, forgetting assignment due dates, lose your keys etc?
I lose my keys all the time, but I've learned to manage the other stuff.
When I'm not medicated.

> Its just cool and hip to have a mental illness™ that the fine line between an actual illness and pure laziness and stupidity is becoming increasingly blurred
I don't think this is a fair assessment, OP. I believe the mental health epidemic is absolutely real, and I would hesitate to trivialize the suffering other people experience. You've probably already disregarded my post, but allow me justify my stance.

Defining "mental illness" as any mental behaviors or traits that interfere with an individuals ability to thrive/function, i'd say absolutely possible that it's as widespread as it's diagnosed, in fact i'd even argue that it's more widespread because a lot of people suffering will never be diagnosed.
That said, I believe the problem is what is currently considered as a mental illness is a bit complex. I don't think these people suffer from some debilitating dysfunction in the way they're wired, I believe it's more that industrial and post industrial societies place a lot more stress on people than perhaps any other time, and the changes to environment and lifestyle lead to these issues. It isn't laziness and stupidity so much as people not being adapted to live in the way we currently do.

This. Mental illness is entirely subjective and the current paradigm is perhaps counter intuitive. A lot of these "disorders" would've been perfectly functional in society as recent as a few hundred or so years ago.

A person with ADHD will typically show some level of impatience, this is apparent in driving, that said, they also experience a distorted view of the passing of time. This leads them to find themselves always running late. Caffeine, and other stimulants, tend to work slightly differently in a person with ADHD, as they increase dopamine and other neurotransmitters to levels more akin to a "normal" person, making them feel much more focused. This can lead to them drinking tons and tons of coffee.

As well, because of a distorted reward system in brain (thanks dopamine) they tend to have an addictive personality, as well as more likely to snack all the time, want sex extremely frequently, etc.

Mood swings can sometimes occur, especially when tired or stressed, a sudden snap from happy to aggression.

The conversation topic is a big point. Both the inability to hold a topic, as well as interrupting tend to be markedly ADHD traits. You'll hear someone talking about working on a project, say, and in your mind you think "working, that reminds me of my coworker, my coworker once said to me" and you'll respond in the conversation about something your coworker said. In your mind, there's a logical pathway, to everyone else it is confusing, and you come off as "not listening"

People with ADHD tend to experience extremely poor sleep. Usually staying awake very very late and then getting short, interrupted sleep.

People with ADHD frequently do not make eye contact, or hold eye contact. They typically break it immediately, off and on as you said.

People suffering from ADHD tend to have a very interesting depression. This isn't the "The whole world sucks boo hoo" depression, rather, a complex self loathing. They'll feel unaccomplished, not living up to their full potential, and that THEY are the cause of the problems in their life. "If I only did X, Y, Z thing this wouldn't be happening now." is a typical thought. Cont.

Losing belongings, misplacing them, getting side tracked on assignments are all typical adhd defining symptoms. People tend to learn how to deal with it as they grow older, but still.

Lack of motivation is typical of a person with ADHD. But it's more complex than that. You are incredibly unmotivated to do tasks you dislike, but will lose track of time doing things you enjoy.

Teachers often will point out a child with ADHD seems intelligent yet is disruptive.

Intelligent people with ADHD don't get their issues resolved during primary schooling. Usually they are smart enough to coast by, but university or college will make serious blows to their grades.

It sounds like you have ADHD user, if you answered all these questions with honesty. If I could recommend, especially with the low self worth, don't start any prescription trial with Ritalin, or Concerta, it's a strong stimulant that will greatly increase your overall performance in school but may lead to serious side effects of agitation, anger, etc. As well, it absolutely cannot be mixed with alcohol. Instead, ask if you could start with vyvanse (NOT adderall. That's normie meth) 30mg. If that is successful, good for you. If not, increase the dose to maybe 40 or 50mg.

aside from my horrible prose and sentence structure, there you go.

good and impatient
No, if anything I'm usually 10 minutes early.
yes
Yes
Yes
Sometimes
Maybe 10 lbs overweight
>When you are having a conversation, do you find you'll side track it with a different topic that you found related to the first topic? Does it confuse everyone else? Has a signficant other been upset by you "never listening" when this has happened?
I sidetrack, its not a problem.
I think about it a lot but morning to night? no
yes
>Would you say you are satisfied with yourself and where you are in life? Would you say you are happy with yourself?
Not really

This may be a game changer, I'll have to look into this more seriously. Thanks.

good luck dude, I hope it all works out for yourself.
You don't sound like you are experiencing the full degree of symptoms of ADHD

it was a meme until i realized im experiencing now what my doctors said i would be experiencing now in the adult years of my life when i was a child.
schizophrenia, autism, and bi-po;ar.
its been great..

The diagnosis is pretty new (a few months) so we haven't done much extra testing to determine the physiological cause. But I have had the disorder my whole life. I had a pretty traumatic birth where I was without oxygen for 5 minutes so that is probably the cause of all my mental health issues.

I did a written test in front of my psychiatrist where I described how I process information. The odd thing is that I was seeing him for depression and he realized the root cause was ADHD, and anxiety. He is a good doctor.

The big sign, he said, is that I can only focus on tasks that are extremely challenging. I thrive in high pressure and stressful situations because it demands all my focus so I can finally focus. No time for other thoughts. Writting and reading is mostly copying and memorizing so my mind wanders and I lose the ability to process the information

I don't know how to drive. I'd probably cause a lot of accidents once the challenge of learning to drive ended as I'd focus on something else while driving.

This was a huge probably as a kid. I have to set many alarms for everything I do so I'm not late.

I don't like the taste, so no.

Yes, I'm rather obsessed with certain concepts in math, running, and video games.

I have an anxiety disorder so, yes? The aren't so much mood swings as I fall apart and become a mess that can only cry when I'm too tired

Yup. I can't sit still no matter what I'm doing

I eat over 5000 calories a day but I also exercise 10hrs/week so it isn't a big deal.

Yes to all of that.

I love math and running. It is always on my mind.

Most nights. I've developed a good routine for falling asleep.

I focus on their lips so I don't lose attention on what they are saying.

I'm happy with my romantic and personal life, I'm not happy with my personal sport and academic accomplishments.

I heard that a lot from k-12. I was always distracted by other tasks that weren't class material. I hear it less in University as I take mostly math based courses, which I love, but the few writing classes I still hear it.

Yup. I fought with teachers and students a lot. It got better after HS

I probably interrupt because I get really excited talking to people and ask them more questions before they've finished answering the first.

Yup. I tend to get bored of people really quick.

I lose my keys literally everyday. I'm terrible at filling out those bubble sheets for exams. I've lost an A because of it many times.

Nope. My life is pretty garbage so I'm always motivated to improve it. If anything, I'm more motivated by my disability; it makes me angry I can't do what I want because of it so I give more effort into doing what I want.

I have six diagnosed mental illness (ADHD, Autism [Asperger's syndrome], Childhood-onset Bipolar Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety Disorder, and Sensory Integration Disorder), and maxed out on divergent thinking tests as a kid.

Mental illness is probs just a meme to be honest.

maybe you're just not interested in what you're doing.

>pure laziness
laziness is always just a lazy term for another issue

Mass mental illness is what happens when you have a population that is no longer within the environment of evolutionary adaptedness.

>30 minutes to read a 5 page article
wait, this isn't normal?

You're right, those voices I hear are just a meme. I'll go off my meds now, thanks op

It's the result of the government putting chemicals in our tap water. Why do you think autism rates are so low in non-Western countries?

I think the obsession with the median is more of a problem than deviation from it. When has an average brain ever done anything special in a lab?

Not that user but aside from impatience and losing belongings (I'm very punctual and haven't lost track of an item since I was a kid) these posts describe me exactly. I don't have the time or money to go scrounging around for professional help or anything and I'm very leery of any medications that alter chemical balances (I had a friend who started taking antidepressants and changed into a completely different person, albeit a more successful one). Several of my best friends have had ADHD and neither they nor I ever had reason to believe it was something we shared. I briefly saw a therapist in college since it was free but aside from social advice we basically just shot the shit and they never seemed to notice any of these issues (although to be fair I never brought them up).

If you're still around I'd appreciate some advice. Do you think it's really worth trying to save up for a visit somewhere, and is there a way to deal with it without shit like Ritalin? My issues, whether they be mental illness or pure laziness, have already cost me my college record so I don't feel like there's much long-term career benefit from getting treatment even if I do have real issues.

It's a combo of technology outpacing human evolution, and cancerous ideologies that have produced a bleak looking future.

>If you're still around I'd appreciate some advice. Do you think it's really worth trying to save up for a visit somewhere, and is there a way to deal with it without shit like Ritalin?
I am. You can get therapy and major lifestyle changes to help deal with adhd but if you have it the only way to fix (as in remove the symptoms) it is through medication. Adhd is permanent with no known "cure". It's a chemical imbalance of your brain and requires medication to fix it. I'm not a fan of ritalin but your perception of it isn't a good one, and if you have ahdh it's a perception that's costing you a lot of life opportunities.
Your friend didn't change when they started taking antidepressants. Your friend just no longer had to deal with the mental health symptoms associated to that disease. You witnessed a truer-to-form friend when they started taking it. If you were born with a leg 4 inches shorter than the other and struggled to walk in the correct speed, had a weird pace, back pain from being unlevel, hip problems, etc. Would getting a shoe that can let your feet stand on level and straighten your hip and back so you are without pain make you more of who you are or less?
It's difficult to see changes in a person following medication as a good thing, but realize that many of these disorders like adhd, the people grew up with it and has had it their whole life. To them this is the way the world works, and medication allows a window of time to remove the symptoms long enough that a person can see what parts of them are them and what parts of "them" are adhd.
>career benefit
Perhaps not anymore; however, if you have adhd than being able to understand and control your symptoms will make you less impulsive. This will help you in areas such as driving (less speeding tickets), money (no impulse buying), and relationships (better conversations).

The nice thing is that if you don't have adhd you can get off their meds easier than say effexor

So the dsm/ICD-10, and psychology. especially experimental psychology have to rely on pathologizing certain behaviors or thoughts becuase it helps them with research.

When they publish this research report, news journalists will take any tasty findings. Overexaggerate on the headlines, and do their own sort of predictive trend based on findings, regardless of the scope or the actual findings.
The public picks up the news article.
They start FUDding like madmen.
Enter hypochondria.
Doctors, and Psychiatrists get inundadted with questions regard this thing.
Looks online for the research, doesn't find much.
"Well this obviously matters to our patients, we need to dig deeper into this"
enter certain behaviors now actually being treated like a disease.
enter medical research
enter pharmaceutical research
exit humanity

to illustrate the point. In our society there are many, many occupations. All of them serve some sort of utililty or purpose of society. All of them have pros and cons.
"Mental Illness" is just like that.
You may have anti social personality, some late stage development milestones may not have been hit.
and maybe you are relying too heavily on one type of defense mechanism.
but this is all okay.
becuase your human.
and these labels were invented so scientists could try to understand humanity better.
And healthcare professionals have something to bill for.
thats it.
Everyone is unique
and everyone is a creature of habit.

Attached: 1433238393217.jpg (699x1000, 210K)

>Person has problem
>"I have this problem doc"
>Doc gives them drugs to fix their chemical imbalance
>"Thanks doc, now I can be a functioning member of society"
This is opposite of degenerate OP

If this is even remotely true about mental illness, why has society seemed various plant derive compounds to help with things like dementia, or psychosis long before the DSM, or western science or medicine?

>person thinks has a problem
>"I think I may havet his problem, doc"
>"oy vey, gevalt, that sounds really dangerous, but here, I'll prescribe you these placebo pills that will most definitely fix your issue"
>"thanks doc, now I can keep buying pills in order to delude myself into being a functioning member of society"
I wonder where the degeneracy kicks in

I think it's legitimate.

We mostly have broken down family units nowadays and so people don't grow up securely with a healthy and developed emotional intelligence, leading to lots of mental issues.

understand an illness, and curing/treating it are two different things.

one uses the scientific method.

also note that these things like dementia, and psychosis may all have organic roots. rather than something that happened in your childhood.

anxiety, depression, "lack of attention", and "personality disorders", all come about becuase it was a physician who started the whole psychology/psychoanalysis (sigmund freud) thing. And their main mindset is pathologizing everything.
also note that nobody really talks about Alzheimer's, parkinsons, dmentia, or other "organic" related psychoses today. They all focus on transgenderism, anxiety, depression, and "anti social personality"\ psychopathy.

another one takes the motto "whatever works" to heart.

imo, the problem begins when a person just brushes off any issues they might face as a result of some new personality disorder or a learning disability. or even worse, when s/he wears it like a badge of honour, as if it's (like you said) 'cool and hip' and (in pic related) 'something to be proud of'. I think most people don't realise that this is simply a new way to categorise and diagnose these mental illnesses, and the wrong conclusion to make is that we should remain and accept the way we are, warts, histrionic personality disorder and all.

the following might be a bit of a stretch, but just bear with me. I've been obsessed with the idea of free will being an illusion since I first thought about it half a decade ago. but I think the concept and analogy applies here.

if we accept that nobody in the world has free will and by consequence, no moral responsibility whatsoever, then obviously we must accept that nobody is ever blame or praiseworthy for anything they do.
BUT. does that mean that we should stop locking up criminals and punishing them?
absolutely not! regardless of nobody having moral responsibility for their own actions, it still remains a good idea to keep these dangerous individuals locked up and away from the rest of society (Rousseau's unwritten social contract, blahblah).

it's the same thing here. just because you've got ocd, depression or adhd or whatever doesn't mean that you should just brush off anything and everything to this mental illness that you have. sure, some things are going to be challenging for you (e.g. pic related's dyscalculia and not becoming a theoretical physicist) but you shouldn't remain a total invalid and not try to manage the illness in some way.
come to think of it, a simpler analogy could have been of other chronic illnesses. having diabetes or high blood pressure doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to be healthy and try to live like a (relatively) normal person.

Attached: a sarcastic bowl of cornflakes on mental disability.png (1061x685, 714K)

free will being an illusion doesn't mean you're not morally tied to your actions because free will is an illusion for everyone
you can't actually tell that you don't have free will so it's almost like you do
so you practically have free will

agreed

>almost 30 minutes to read a 5 page article
If we're talking scientific papers it would take me at least 40 minutes to read a 5-page one. Everything else you described sounds like laziness/lack of motivation to be honest.
ADHD is way more extreme than this. I know a guy who actually does have it and if he's forced to sit still for longer than say, 20 minutes, he become jittery and aggressive to the point that only getting up and pacing around will make him calm down. I asked him to help me move a couple of weeks ago and he was thrilled by the idea of spending hours carrying heavy furniture up and down because of the release of tension and energy that it would give him. Basically, if you actually have ADHD you don't even need to tell people you have it because it's so extremely apparent that something is wrong with you from the get go.

Most people in my program who do well enough to transfer are able to read a 5 page scientific in 10-15 minutes and the professors expect as much. My processing time for the demands of my program have nothing to do with lack of motivation. I wouldn't be paying $2100/semester and studying 40 hours a week if I didn't love what I was learning. I've been hearing "you're just not motivated enough" since I was 8 and it is entirely incorrect. I struggle with written and oral language; I was in speech therapy till I was 11. I failed English and Social Studies every year till grade 11 while having honours in math constantly. I was even asked to try advanced placement for math but I didn't believe I could handle it from constant teacher harassment about my work ethic. No one who takes time to befriend me believes I lack motivation in school, which is why my doctor said I have ADHD and an anxiety disorder.

The sitting in place is a legitimate issue for me too. My teachers usually allowed me to stand in class and if I do sit I change to a new sitting position every 5 minutes. It is managed well with my sport, which is so physically exhausting I lose most of the energy that makes me unable to sit still. It isn't a perfect solution but it works often enough for help. I usually work as a cook in the summer as it is the perfect job for people who needs big challenge and physical activity to focus.

>ADHD is way more extreme than this.
Not him but this. I have adhd and it took me over 6 hours to do a practice exm that should have only taken 45 minutes
what sport? I run from anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour a day

Mental illness are common and will be a lot more with medical attendence for more people available. Juat because isn't diagnosed doesn't mean that people doesn't have them.

The problem is our society, mankind wasn't made to work like that, mankind wasn't made to use social network (which generate depression per example).

There is a thing called nuance, and like most natural processes it's continuous instead of discrete. ADHD is like that. There are various levels of difficulty, some can be overcome with simple will power and therapy, others need of drugs to be able to pay attention to anything. Some people don't have hyperactivity, some do.

>you don't even need to tell people you have it
Suuure self diagnosis is a thing. It doesn't work. What you know you have is like a difficult, a mental block that prevents you of doing anything almost. It could be anything.

I wonder if this is how dumb I sound when I talk about subjects I'm not educated about.

Technological society makes it more difficult for average people to participate in the power process, which in turn causes a deterioration of mental health.

Kazcynski was right.

I compete in 400m hurdles and 800m. I easy run about 40-50km/week combined with heavy weight lifting 2-3hrs on Saturday and interval training/tempos Tues/Thurs.

Exercises that fatigue the nervous system are the best for removing my hyperactivity. Total body heavy lifts (deadlifts, cleans...) and intervals at over 90% intensity will leaves me pretty drained for 48-72hrs. The easy runs between hard days helps recovery. When the nerves are literally low on neurotransmitters it removes any desire to move, even if one has a hyperactivity disorder.

Not him but the opposite happens when you work out. There's an increase in neurotransmitter abundance in the brain (muscle neurotransmitter abundance does not impact adhd). This is good though because adhd and add are typecast by a deficit of neurotransmitters in the brain. An overabundance results in schizophrenia. Take alpha gpc user, it'll increase your acetylcholine and help regulate dopamine. Both help with memory development and alpha gpc helps peripheral nervous system nerves as well

Extremely high intensity or volume can cause a state of fatigue where force production is heavily reduced. The central and peripheral nervous system play a key role in this fatigue. Alteration of the function and amount of neurotransmitters is a key component. Saying they are "low" was too simple of a word to use, but the fatigue I experience certainly helps calm me down as I need rest above anything else.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1877065711000029?via=ihub

>the biggest meme
Lrn2meme fgt pls

>fgt
Why the homophobia?

it is.

>Most people in my program who do well enough to transfer are able to read a 5 page scientific in 10-15 minutes
because you already know most of the topic being talked about, and know exactly which sections to read and which to ignore. try reading something outside your knowledge.

this.

Oh awesome thanks for the explaination