Work in a restaurant as a Garde Manger cook

>Work in a restaurant as a Garde Manger cook
>Not even working as much as others but still feel more stressed than I've ever been in my life every day
>Often times afraid to go into work, asking myself what I've gotten myself into
>Already spent 3 years studying at school for culinary, which I could have learned in 6 months on the job
>Just wake up, work nearly 14 hours sometimes, and fall asleep wondering what the sous chef will scream at me for the next day

I feel like my personality is the polar opposite of whats required to be a chef. I've known this from the start, but cooking is all I really loved to do, so I stuck with it stupidly. Though I don't think that passion is enough for me to keep doing this.
Can anyone else relate? I'm in a rutt.

Adopt a sewer rat, put it on top of your head.
It will pull your hair and you will cook epic food and inherit a restaurant.

Become a personal chef. Better pay and less stress.

Haha that cat thinks the banana is a snake :)

You don't have to just cook at restaurants. There's other things you can use that skill for in less stressful environments.

Toughen up then you fucking pussy. You think it's gonna be easy if you drop everything and do something else? No! Youll have to grind again and harder probably. Life is a motherfucking grind until the day we die. Embrace that shit and enjoy the grind. Sleep when you're dead.

>make food
>get paid

Wow, it's so hard.

Keep in mind women do this for a place to live.

good goy, just keep on workin, spare time and happiness is overrated

Bruh you need to fucking hustle in your youth if you wanna be someone by your 40s looking for spare time now is a waste of youthful energy and strength.

>working cold station

Keep your plating clean, you'll be fine.

YOU ARE A STUPID SANDWICH!

nah

This exact thought process is what drags every generation down. It’s what leads to the high amount of work related suicides in Asian countries. Shit doesn’t have to suck. You can find a job you don’t wake up to and want to kill yourself. If that’s the way you think, may as well just kill yourself now since you’re already dead.

Thanks for making me smile, user.
How can I see it as youthful energy well spent when I'm using every bit of it in a career that chews me up for much less than everything else? For fucks sake, it's not like my chefs are hiding that fact from me anyways. I can't tell you how many times they've ranted to me and others how the industry is garbage and that if we don't like it to get the fuck out while we can.

If you love cooking this is what you gotta do. Every entry level job sucks ass that's why it's entry level to weed out the non hackers. If you really wanna run shit your way then own your own place. It'll consume you but at least you'll have a life's work to be proud of

Find another cooking job, if you are a cook then you are in high demand and short supply right now. Depending on where you live you can be head hunted. I don't consider a job without benefits, pto, the works. Search around for a better life. Don't take that shit from your fucking sous chef, he needs to realise that if you walk, he is the one that's gonna be fucked in the long run.

Try being a military officer. This shit is awful, can't wait until my contract is up.

Go to work room service for a big hotel like Hyatt or Sheraton.
RS is a cake walk and you get full benefits.

Better to learn that sooner than later mate. I've been cooking pro for ten years almost, I'm over it, and now I feel like I have to start from scratch. It's not going to get any easier when you move up to sautee or grill or sous or chef. The money will never add up to the workload, and your personal life will suffer. That being said it's still one of the best jobs there is. It'll test you often, so better to turn your ship around before you're too far out.

At least you're an officer!

Chefs are cunts.
You get treated like shit until you get on their level.
And then..... they are still cunts.

Reason being is what you said in your post: Cooking fucking sucks as a profession.
I think I remember that chefs are up their with air traffic controllers for stress.

I will say this. I have met a TON of chefs in life. Mostly because I have worked as support staff in kitchens or at hotels with restaurants.
I have met 2 total that could be considered mentally stable. Every single other one is either an alcoholic/drug addict or has the temper of a fucking barbarian in the middle ages.

Its not a healthy profession if you are emotionally sensitive, at least until you get to a position where people aren't breathing down your neck your whole shift.

Stay up player, try to land a job at a more laid back kitchen.

>t. Has never worked a full time job in his life, or was dropped into a dream job through connections.

I hear this stupid bullshit spouted by millennials in college all the time, but never from anyone remotely successful. 90% of people will never truly enjoy their job. But when you put in the effort, get good at whatever it is, and then get recognized for it, you gain satisfaction. And if you aren't getting recognized you either need to do better or move on. Most people miss that last part

My point is to change the mentality so you don't wanna kill yourself you simpering fuck. Your attitude will follow you no matter the job that's why people kill themselves. It's when they come to the realization that they're too weak to hack the real life bullshit the rest of us put up with so we can achieve the good things we want.