For me it's general tsos

What would you recommend to someone who quite enjoys general tso's, enough to eat it takeout style a couple nights a week, but wants to branch out and try another chinese dish? I've had sezuan, chicken and broccoli, various egg rolls etc but I fear nothing rivals the sweet and savory crunch of tsos. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/news/peng-chang-kuei-general-tsos-chicken-inventor-dies-at-98/
youtube.com/watch?v=QgYPJT0mRaw#t=57m10s
youtube.com/watch?v=-47GhOl9hB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Order Japanese takeout. A lot of their meats are smothered in savory sauces like this. Japanese curry is pretty mild, also delicious.

You're about to get a lot of hate OP but fuck it, I'm there with you totally. Nothing beats general tso's

If you want to fool yourself you can get sesame chicken. Hunan chicken is pretty close.

it's all the fucking same.

pretend to fool yourself*

I want to like Tso's but it's just not spicy enough and often overly sweet. I can't really talk because my guilty pleasure is pork fried rice though

Go for the Mongolian beef if they have it.

I've been introduced to thai within the last year and have been totally enamored with its curries, particularly green. Also greatly enjoy mongolian, but haven't tried much japanese (sushi is one niche that hasn't "clicked" for me yet) Any specific japanese dish you'd recommend?

This is the response I fear most. Chicken fried rice, mushu pork, miso etc all other chinese dishes seem to pale in comparison to the complex savoriness of general tsos. Surely theres something which holds up?

I would gladly take a spicier, less sweet tsos alternative with a similar texture profile

This looks pretty good, will check the spot near me when i go after working out tonight. A little doubtful as it's a pretty routine chinese spot

Egg Foo Yung

Yakitori would be up your alley.

This looks like what my grandmother calls an "egg bake" and they're fucking gross

Sweet and sour chicken CAN be good, but most places are lazy with it and just give you chicken in pancake batter and sauce on the side.

I'm a pork dumplings addict so I'll always judge a place by their dumplings.

Anything with broccooi is not a Chinese dish. Just because a Chinese dude made it for you and put it on their Chinese restaurant menu does not make it Chinese.

Fun fact: broccoli isn't on the original General Tso's dish, either.
The chef who invented it was shown the American version and was very upset.

>general tsos
Too fucking lazy to capitalize and put an apostrophe? Fuck you and your shit thread. Sage

beef lo mein drenched in duck sauce w/ that white rice and a dr. pepper. truly a meal sent from heaven above.

Kung pao chicken. It's not sweet, but damn is it good.

this is hard to find, Twice cooked pork. you usually have to go to the place chinese people actually go to for this. I moved to a new town and nobody has this. fucking blows

Umm, I got bad news for ya bro, the chef who invented General Tso's was a Taiwanese, and he spent years in the U.S.

This. American style Chinese food is mix & match

The place I order from has a mango chicken dish. Same type of fried chicken as General Tso's but with a different, sweet sauce. They also have sesame and orange sauces, as well as beef.

Sweet and sour chicken is the same thing as lemon chicken with a different sauce.

Who cares? Taiwan is pretty much the same thing and the guy who invented the fortune cookie was a Chinese American in the US

>was a Taiwanese
He was Chinese ya dingus, he fled to Taiwan after the civil war.

Here's that selfsame fucking guy saying "it shouldn't have broccoli in it"
youtube.com/watch?v=QgYPJT0mRaw#t=57m10s

Chili Chicken

Tso's is the FUCKING BEST

Make your own
youtube.com/watch?v=-47GhOl9hB0