Meat Alternatives that actually taste good

Not a vegetarian but what are some good meat alternatives.

I've had these and they're pretty solid sausage replacements.

Love those. Especially the garlic one. A little pricey but the best for your money. I was close minded to sausage substitutes until I tried chicken sausage Chicken sausages are delicious but turkey sausage is terrible imo. I don’t fuck with non meat sausages tho

Mushrooms are a great meat substitute.

gardein products are awesome

OP, sausage is barely meat to begin with - as such its a fantastic place to start with substitutes because the substitutes won't be meat either! That and sausage is heavily flavored to begin with so the faker can be heavily seasoned as well to distract from the lack of real meat flavor.

As far as burgers, I really like the boca burger vegan patties and grillers, or all american grillers.. i forget the exact name. Morning star makes a burger that is pretty on point as well. If you are looking for a burger patty replacement that isn't like meat at all, morning star also makes a great chipotle black bean burger - but it has eggs in it so its not vegan. I'm not strictly vegan or vegetarian, but trying to eat less saturated fat from animal sources and some of my friends are vegetarian or vegan so i watch the whole space. gimme lean breakfast sausage is kind of a pain to work with, but i fed it to my family once during a brunch and they didn't even realize they were eating fake meat.

YUP

I have heard this from my friends but have not tried them yet. I've been so sadly disappointed by previous fake chicken attempts that I stopped even trying. I need to try this though as I have heard a lot about it.

Kroger's down the street has the "Beyond Meat" burger patties. They are 6.99 for two patties though. I want to try them because of all the hype of plant based hemoglobin - veggie burgers that bleed... but at that price - and not being a strict vegetarian - its not really worth it to me. I can buy a 20 count box of bubba burgers for that price. I look forward to the day when they come down in price and give real meat a run for its money.

Lol why not just eat the real deal?

These are great. I like them more than any real frozen tenders

Very similar to ground beef.

Quorn desu

>Taco with three (3) shreds of cheese on it
Why do promotional pictures always do this? You're not going to taste that little cheese, just avoid it altogether if you're not going to put a reasonable amount on

bump

Its a healthier alternative and has different flavors to it.

>healthier
Humans evolved our huge brains from eating meat. We're suited to it and we have been for a long time.

Yes, but before we could go to the store and buy a pack of hot dogs we had to hunt for our meat. We got it a lot more sparingly, hence why we're omnivores. Humans are meant to have a mix, and we eat a lot kore meat than our ancestors. An unhealthy amount.

Like alternate facts only palatable to the dumbest of us.

tfw no gardein at my kroger but plenty of vegetarian quorn

anyone have any good vegeburger recipes? i'd prefer to make them myself if i can save some money that way.

Lol just moderate your intake of foods you like instead of searching in vain for a decent fake processed food substitute. The danger of processed meats is way over hyped anyways.

Ok Ronald McDonald, we get it. Vegetarian bad. Processed burger good.

I thought we were talking about sausage

Shit I've lost the plot.

's okay, vegbrains don't function so well

i love these but they're pretty high calorie for such a small serving, and they're also pricey. might experiment making my own faux nuggets.

You should try the Beyond Meat burgers - I think the $7 is worth it just to be able to try it. I like frozen veggie patties too, but the Beyonds feel a lot more substantial than those in both taste and portion. It's like eating a big hamburger that you'd get in a restaurant, but isn't a total calorie bomb. I think each patty is like 300 calories. Definitely not something I'd buy every day but it's a nice indulgence and definitely worth it to just try once.