Reading Don Quixote

>reading Don Quixote
>footnote: * The stealing of the ass is another of Cervantes' oversights. Four pages later Sancho is riding him again, and a little later once more without him

FUCKING DROPPED

when authors cant be bothered to write consistently, ugh

Was that the author or the translator?

Don Quixote is bad with a straight face

Don't ruin the joke, faggot

I know that this is a troll thread to get people to talk about Don Quixote, but honestly, stuff like that makes me love the book even more. It gives it a greater sheen of authenticity, of being a true (as in genuine/authentic, not that it happened in real life) story told for fun rather than obsessively whittled and pared to perfection until feeling is sucked out of it.

>tfw don't know if you're sincere

>tfw don't know if OP and people making fun of Cervantes are sincere

mexican intellectuals, everyone

kek

I liked this post then thought about it for a second longer and now I REALLY like this post

desu it can all be explained away since cervantes is only "translating" the arab :^)

You haven't read it, I see.

Cervantes would love the shit out of this thread.

Nah, just shitposting. There was a thread yesterday where someone said no one could say that, so everyone did

>The vomiting scene

Was done on purpose desu.

Flaubert had a similar error in Madame Bovary with that of the already pawned furniture being sold. Do not exaggerate.

It's Cervantes' own joke. Don Quixote is a character of a fictitious historical recollection and study. In the fictitious "history" being recollected throughout the novel, the part OP is referencing is a criticism of the inaccuracies in continuity in the history books of the time as well as Cervantes' having a bit of a meta joke at others' expense..

>When Sancho shits himself

>¿Qué rumor es ese, Sancho?

>the scene where dulcinela gets BLACK'D

No it isn't.

He makes it a meta joke later, but in this specific instance it is clearly an actual error (likely due to the leaving out of a certain part of the story).

>he makes it a meta joke later

What did he mean by this?