Asian here, thank you US for your this potato salad invention...

Asian here, thank you US for your this potato salad invention. Ever since I've discovered it I've been eating it all the time.

O N E O F U S
N
E
O N E O F U S
F
U S A U S A
S

Its hardly an American invention ... they just took regular potato salad that was most likely brought over by German immigrants and proceeded to do what Americans love doing - add more fat and calories.
Typical German/Bavarian potato salad is without mayonnaise.

Do you put Kewpie in it?

Fuck off, slope.
You’re not welcome here.

Everything points to it being a European invention

It isn't american at all, it's british

> American-style potato salad is served cold or at room temperature. Ingredients often include mayonnaise or a mayonnaise-like substitute (such as yogurt or sour cream), herbs, and vegetables (such as onion and celery.)

This is the one I like.

Americans put sugar in it as well.

well, sour cream wouldn't be so bad I guess. My mother is from Silesia, but her mother had to flee from the Russians with her when she was still a baby. Her recipe for Silesian potato salad is pretty kick-ass. 2/3 diced potatoes, 1/3 diced appels, pickled cucumbers, pearl onions and diced hard boiled eggs. I find it really difficult to constrain myself whn eating that. The combination of flavours is just fantastic.

thanks for Japanese food, specifically the Japs I suppose, but thanks to other Asians for pho, and Korean take on tacos. also Chinese food.

That's not burger food.
Add mayo, cheese and corn syrup, then it's Burger food. Fucking burgers!

But potato salad is a classic japanese dish?!

Thomas Jefferson invented it

potato salad originated in germany and even the one with mayo isn't american it's prussian, wikipedia is wrong.

Potato comes from Germany herpyderpy do dum I hate eurocucks

Most American food is based on stuff that originated in Europe and then took on a life of its own over several generations.

Having said that, you are enjoying the American take on potato salad (or some variation of it to better suit local tastes), so you're welcome.

he said potato salad, retard

nope

Yeah they do.

Wrong again, eurotrash.

I'm sure no one in Peru ate a cold potato medley before the famous German explorer Columbus
Herpydum derpy

I'm asian and both my family and I HATE potato salad.
Most of these fake 'salads' that anglo's eat are fucking disgusting.

This.

I’m too lazy to look it up but didn’t they not eat the potatoes?
I think I read somewhere that they thought they were poisonous or something.

Try egg salad with bacon and lettuce

Your too lazy to be taught

look im sorry that all your foods are from other cultures, no need to be bitter about it.

the German potato salad came to America by german immigrants, it's where your potato salad you know originated from.

And where did Germans get potatoes?

>go to a small jap restaurant
>buy a teriyaki "bento box"
>one of the sides is fucking potato salad, the other is iceburg lettuce on dressing

Never again

From the Spanish lol Germany btfo

This shit is like curry, every family is going to have a different recipe. The assblasted eurofaggotry autism in this thread is ridiculous.

And where did the Spanish get potatoes from?

What’s your problem?
Go snort some HFCS, fatty.

Stop right now, you get fat like them!

What's YOUR problem, eurotrash? You seem butthurt.

>farms don’t exist in Spain

You realize HFCS is only in hyper processed foods for kids and Southern fatties who don't cook?

Surely you're not this fucking STUPID, are you?

From a Stone Age people who thought they were gods

Says the guy who thinks potato salad predates actual potatoes.
Cretin.

Are you fucking high? No one ever said that, stupid. Potatoes are from south America, you troglodyte. And people in South America have been making potato salad for eons before the euros raped their civilizations.

says who

Mexican silver is a thing and the Mexicans didn't have silver before Europeans showed them how to be human.
I'm pretty sure the subhuman apes didn't grasp the concept of a salad the same way a goat will eat a variety of things but you wouldn't call it a cuisine

So, you're not only an idiot, but a racist idiot. You should have studied harder in your basic WORLD HISTORY CLASS, MONGO.
>implying the Incans (hint, where potatoes come from), weren't fucking dripping in gold, which made the Spanish chimp out.

I said silver not gold the process to smelt gold is completely different my cuck friend

why is everybody in this thread so angry about potato salad? I know this is Veeky Forums but you guys are like league of legends-tier mad about potato salad.

Then you have no fucking idea what this thread is about, you mong. Go move goalposts somewhere else, skippy.

Europeans don't have much else so arguing with Americans online gives them a sense of superiority

>mexican civilization
>the aztec "empire" didn't exist until 1440
>they were still living in the stone age while europe was already over a century into the Renaissance

can we stop pretending europeans did anything wrong to the subhumans in the americas?
they were literally rutting around in the dirt while european civilizations had eclipsed their technology, science, art, and culture THOUSANDS of years earlier

fucking oxford university existed over 300 years before mexican "civilization"

You’re a bit simple aren’t you?

he is if he thinks south america ever had civilization
reminder: the mayans died to because they pulled a haiti and deforested their entire range which caused droughts from their self inflicted desertification; driving them to extinction

>2017
>still excusing genocides

I guess when the ancient Egyptians and Nigerians took your "subhuman" blonde blue-eyed ancestors as slaves because they were "unusual " looking, and burned their villages, raped the women, killed the men, took all the children as slaves, because they were a higher civilization than your kind , that's all justified as well? Your ancestors were living in the dirt, wearing dirty animal skins and praying to pagan gods who sprang from trees. Can we stop pretending that the Egyptians and Nigerians were doing anything wrong?!?
You're a fucking moron.

You're*
Faggot

Oh my god, what sort of hillbilly education did you get? It's time for you to stop posting, Cleetus.

>southern fatties who cant cook
alright look here you yankee faggot, just about every "american" dish you may enjoy almost defiantly comes from the south. same goes for all the food typically considered "soul food" which is essentially just former house slaves passing down recipes they saw their masters eating. The people in this country that cant cook are invariably niggers and mid westerners

Grammar fag don't care bowt dat history

Go back to your containment board, you piece of shit.

Did the father of your wife's kids teach you that version of history?

>Americans put sugar in it as well.
do I really do this?

>soul food" which is essentially just former house slaves passing down recipes they saw their masters eating
The opposite is actually true.

Of course you do.

Unlike you, I had a proper education. I didn't have learn fairytales told to me by my Uncle-daddy Billy Bob around the plastic table in the double wide, like you. Go back to fucking your sister and let the grown ups talk.

>thread details into this retarded history bullshit

I wanna talk about potatoes

The assumption that I'm a Redneck is actually racist buddy, my assumption that you cuck seems to be spot on.
Cuck

Ok, let's talk about potatoes. Anything specific?

That word has become as meaningless as your existence. You'll have to try harder, bigot.

Best potatoes for potato salad?

>cuck
Be careful with that edge, son.

>Amerisharts putting sugar in potato salad

It's because/pol/ is full of bots spamming pictures of black cock so the spergs have leaked all over the place

Pink eye if you can find them. I've only ever seen them in Tasmania.

I don't know where you freaks got that idea, but I've never known anyone, ever, adding sugar to potato salad. This weird shit needs to stop.

Americans are a European diaspora :)

You must get called it a lot

About as often as you shit your pants, freakboy. Still has become irrelevant, like you.

Niggers and spics in America
Muslims in Europe

It’s in Wikipedia, the milleniels source of all knowledge.

Fucking hell.....this world is going to shit.

Tell me some more irrelevant words?

It depends on the type of potato salad. If I'm making German style potato salad, I prefer Yukon gold. If I'm making a creamy dill potato salad, I like using red skinned baby potatoes. If I'm making a classic American style potato salad, I'll use russet. If I want to get freaky, I use purple potatoes, which have about the same texture as Yukon golds.

>tell me some more irrelevant words
How abou ‘American’ and ‘opinion’ for a start?

I'm not from America

The statement remains extant.

Liar.

your welcome, friendo. thanks for inventing soy sauce

Why lie senpai

c'est la vie

no sense getting hung up about lives already lived and lost
neanderthal already won the end game. Those carrying the neanderthal genome vastly out number those without it by orders of billions
white homo neanderthals conquered the black homo sapiens so handily even their genetic code has been put to work.
The neanderthal literally hijacked the sapiens body

when people say the neanderthal died out, that's incorrect, it's more alive today than it has ever been by existing in the genome of modern man

You've been reading alternative news again, user. You're losing the battle.

FUCK YEAH WELCOME TO AMERICA BASED ASIAN SUPPORTER!!!!!
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

potato salad has mayonnaise.

Bavarian potato salad is made with vinegar and is served warm or at room temperature.

Prussian potato salad is made with mayonnaise and is served cold or at room temperature.

Learn your cuisine, McDoofuses.

correct, fellow gourmet.

Well, apparently Rhineland potato salad is made with vinegar as well, since that's how my grandparents who immigrated from there made it. I miss them, they were such good cooks.

Since I live in Rhineland, which historically was a part of prussia, I can tell you mayonnaise-based potato salads are more common here. Exceptions make the rule, I guess.

Do you know in which city your grandparents lived in?

Where do you live? My family came from Nassau, but I have relatives in Dusseldorf and Cologne, mostly now.
Also, I realize that potato salad recipes are subjective, I just thought I'd share my own experience, no need to get salty.

See

I didn't mean to sound salty. I live about 20 km away from Düsseldorf.

Genuine unrelated question, what month does it usually start snowing in Düsseldorf?

Nice. How are things there? I haven't visited in years, although I'd like to again. Is it still nice, or have things gotten worse? It's such a beautiful place, I hate to think of it going to shit.