Why do you guys hate humanities so much? W-we're smart boys too I swear

Why do you guys hate humanities so much? W-we're smart boys too I swear...

Attached: 1517318538701.jpg (645x773, 57K)

>implying STEM-fields aren't a part of humanities

Attached: 1517308995678.png (450x500, 256K)

The greater you know a field the more it becomes entangled in others.

All is One.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-01-26-07-24-03.png (1920x1080, 677K)

Social sciences think they are on the same level as the big three ha laughable.

>implying that science isn't just natural philosophy

Little does Veeky Forums know that the social sciences draw heavily from STEM fields, as depicted by the Scale of Purity.

btw, just here to say that all Humanities majors are shit with the exception of Linguistics: my major.

Attached: IMG_1660.jpg (1460x1006, 365K)

>censorship is good

No, but knowing when to shut up is.

>Saying someone is a dumbfuck is censorship
Tumbler level my dude.

People who hate on humanities are uncultured brainlets.

Attached: 1200px-_The_School_of_Athens__by_Raffaello_Sanzio_da_Urbino.jpg (1200x931, 423K)

they’re just being elitists which is ok when we’re talking about formal fields of thought but /pol/ thinks they know more than actual engineers about the holocaust and more than physics grad students about jewish contributions to physics which is fucking retarded and unacceptable unless we want to devolve into the most base kind of nonsensical discourse imaginable, which would just be /pol/

From what I typically see it's because they place no value in the humanities and parrot the /pol/ meme that every humanities teacher is a cultural marxist shill trying to jam communism and gayness down everyone's throats and will fail any student who doesn't take the throat fucking with a smile.

this image is too good

Because they have been hijacked and killed off by postmodernism.

Attached: 71859OMzmQL.jpg (1100x1650, 256K)

I don’t hate humanities, I just don’t care about them.

The feeling is mutual.

Bc you learn in Humanities that science and maths are oppressive patriarchal systems and are therefore false and untrue.

t. studying Literature

I find it difficult to deal into subjects that people get so passionate about, ideologically, even though their methodological structure is completely sub par compared to more formal subjects. I understand there is a big difference between undergrada and bloggers and proper academics, but for every singke thing X says is because of Y, there's other people calling that complete bullshit and saying X is not Y or at least Z. I understand there's different perspectives to some problems comming to the humanities, but if there is no consensus, it's power is basically descriptive and interpretative, but not predicitve, which really is kinda shit. Obviously there are questions that go beyond the realm of natural science and math, be that because of limit of experimental methods, or because the questuion is beyond the scope of natural law, but if there can be no consensus in many basic questions, even if it's contextual, I don't feel motivated entering. History and economy feek like the only subjects I can find enjoyable data and interpretations.

I'll agree on the fact that linguistics is better then the rest of them but still not on the same level.

We are cultured but we stick to the scientific method and don't let politics and our opinions/feelings effect the results.
You'll be respected when you solve the mess of the humanities.

This

It's not that we hate humanities, it's that we hate humanities are put on par with real science

Trips of truth.

The thing is that any study of history is useless without a broader analysis, which necessarily is subject to the opinions and feelings of the historian. Otherwise you're just relaying a bunch of useless facts and not actually learning anything.

For example, if we were to use the "just the facts, ma'am" autism that STEMfags think is applicable to history, we would say something like "The Iroquois Nations regularly practiced torture and cannibalism" and leave it at that, which is incredibly misleading. To make that information useful we would need to fit it into the broader historical and material circumstances of the Northeastern tribes, which requires the historian to use his opinions of what is relevant to the discussion and what is not.

Man does not survive by bread alone. Humanities provide context and meaning to the world created by STEM.

All that would be relevant is the events that caused that event to happen in history don't see why opinions need to used.

>/pol/ is one person
>/pol/ is always unironic

>last semester my class as near a humanities class
>everyday they would sing songs, put on music on the stereo and play guitars like hippies

Attached: 1491761975433.jpg (540x610, 79K)

I hope that you are at peace because that sounds horrible

>but still not on the same level
what

Come on now linguistics isn't on the same level as biology chemistry and physics but it is above social science for sure

ECONOMICS IS A SCIENCE RIGHT GUYS? HEHE

what's it like knowing these people are going to get degrees, then protest for "equal rights" and a "reallocation of resources" from you to them when they realize they become wage cucks?

>biology chemistry and physics
Linguistics doesn't even attempt to compete with these disciplines: the questions Ling poses are so fundamentally disparate from the physical sciences that comparing them to Ling would be farcical. It's like brainlets claiming that mathematics is an inferior discipline because it's not technically a science.

They're respectable fields with many respectable academics and studies, but SO much fucking biased garbage as well, like my fucking god.

Not saying that you guys are doing this, but it pisses me off when Veeky Forums fags group historians, linguists, and economists with psychologists, gender studies majors, and art majors.

Attached: IMG_1741.gif (500x375, 756K)