I visited David Foster Wallace's house in Claremont...

I visited David Foster Wallace's house in Claremont, California and I parked my car down the street and looked at the house and cried.

Me too, man....me too.

It's good to have a heart.

>David Foster Wallace got into Amherst College (legacy)
>you got rejected from Amherst College

Ree.

Absolutely incredible library and art gallery for such a tiny school desu.

>David Foster Wallace dropped out of the Harvard philosophy grad program
>you got into the programs and are still hanging in there

Yee.

>David Foster Wallace got into a good school
>You were rejected from every Ivy, Amherst, and William and Mary, and now go to a state school studying mathematics with nowhere to go with it because academics are born from Harvard and now feel incompetent because everyone around you is better at math and quantitative thinking than you are so you one day casually bring up the fact that you'll probably drop out and your professor says
Aw no, keep trying user" so that you can shill out another 20000 bucks for the college so that you can have a degree in something "respectable" but something that you also have no skill in whatsoever but have the passion for

Eee.

What are you struggling with? I guarantee you can succeed, even if you have to spend more time going over proofs than your peers.

get a trade or join the army, nerd. join the merchant marine and go sailing. become a fisherman. get fit and join the French foreign legion. DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

DFW fanbois are little pussies ill adjusted to real life or "da water"

i hope you didnt use the address in the pale king because thats not realy his house lol (725 indian hill is more like the house the author in octet lives in which i guess is kinda the joke).
his real house was in a cul-de-sac

did you see the garage where he assumed room temperature?

I wish he were still alive.

I wish he had finished Pale King.

sounds like you haven't been to the water
follow me

welcome to the water...XD

I cried too. I swear.

I'm writer.

>when you read the (forthcoming?) in his notes at the end

this meme is dead, this shit is so painfully unfunny.

you know what else is dead? David Foster Wallace

Not funny either. I don't mean "don't make fun of dead people" not funny, I mean "there isn't an attempt at a decent joke" not funny.

if you don't approve of my posts downvotes are to the left snowflake

K E K

You know how I know you don't read? Other poster was correct. You're not funny, you're 12. Not because I don't approve of your posts, I just wish someone funnier and more intelligent would have taken up that space instead.

I wish you weren't from reddit and didn't feel like you needed to register your wish for better quality posts with me like I'm sort of insecure autismo who is going to think to myself "OH no user doesn't like my shitposts, I better be funnier and more intelligent or he will continue to not enjoy my shitposts and he might leave this shit board and not come back!"

Nah, I just feel bad for you. Why post for attention something trite that immediately outs you as a brainlet?

I think you answered your own question there boyo

These aren't tears, it's just water.

why are Wallace fanbois such sad cucks?

This thread needs some more WADURR

Reading Wallace gives me the sensation that he deeply understands and dissects the ills and follies of our contemporary world. The fact that he killed himself is deflating.

ill let you live if you can tell me what came first...ranch...or cool ranch

Hope this isn't irony

It's new sincerity.

But seriously, I'm serious.

>caring about being intelligent

Then we agree