Pasta Carbonara

youtube.com/watch?v=MioMgDl-ass

>One professional
>One an idiot

>They both use spaghetti so it turns out to look like shit

Share your pasta carbonara recipes. And tell the rest how shitty theirs are when compared to yours.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K-PKO2FrdPY
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
youtube.com/watch?v=dyA6PgjTJ2E
youtube.com/watch?v=KeGQ9jl0wJg
youtu.be/i7CU6IlHyeM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like to make mine without bacon because it's cheaper and I don't feel like the bacon adds much taste. Good eggs, good cheese and maybe just a bit of garlic.

They use egg, but every photo looks like plain old alfredo even though you're not supposed to use cream in carbonara.
Am I missing something?

The cheese and egg mixture will make the sauce look as creamy as an alfredo sauce.

The only variation I generally use is using bucatini instead of spaghetti
Keep guanciale in big pieces and wait a few minutes before tossing the sauce on the pasta. The pecorino has to be in the smallest granulometry possible.
If you use smoked pecorino you can add truffle powder in small quantity.

best recipe IMO

Why, I make it the super traditional way, of course, with cream, peas, mushrooms, and ham!!!

that's a pretty common pasta recipe in italy, we just don't call it a carbonara.

t. italian

You're not supposed to use bacon, dipshit.

Well, what do you call it?

pasta with cream, peas, mushrooms and ham i guess? i think if you call it just cream and peas everybody will know that ham (or bacon) is in the recipe, at least here in the boot shaped nation

I make mine exactly like in this video
youtube.com/watch?v=3AAdKl1UYZs
Except:
- I use the Southern equivalent of Guanciale which is cured and then smoked (like bacon vs panchetta)
- I don't add the extra egg yolk

daily reminder that if you don't prominently include green onions, your carbonara is fucking shit

it doesnt need it
it just needs a shit ton of pepper

pappardelle or bust 2bh

the first ten seconds of this video gave me cancer.

Straw and hay

youtube.com/watch?v=dyA6PgjTJ2E

this is like the anti-Carluccio

Breaks the rules that he said not to with the olive oil. Marco Pierre's still looks delicious though

how come I've never had this and I'm italian american.

goddammit I open the video and skip to a random time and he's opening a knorr stock pot

you are all little babies.

that was already posted

the real final boss: youtube.com/watch?v=KeGQ9jl0wJg

>ass is in the link

christ, I fucked up there. my apologies, also you win, I gagged a little

Wtf

arabian cuisine

>hey how come I've never had this Italian food when my great grandpa was 1/16 Italian?!?

That is fucking horrifying.

that's just pasta eggs

Why do people keep fucking up this incredibly simple dish? Fuck!

youtu.be/i7CU6IlHyeM

I puked

That set off my gag reflex. Fuck......

I use pork chop because I don't know what the fuck that meme pork is or where to find it like the regular recipe calls for.

Cream or GTFO.

>meme pork
Retard.

Only stuck up purists will hate on your for using diced bacon (preferably not the kind that comes in thin slices) instead of guanciale, but fucking porkchops? It goes in carbonara for the salty flavour and I don't see how porkchops would work for that.

Just use pancetta

It's not carbonara if you use cream.

Good, I see there is someone else on this board who can appreciate quality food.

Is this Little Miss Ems? I'm not clicking it.

Antonio Carluccio has the definitive carbonara recipe

the new generation is fucked

Gotta make it real slow with lots of cream and organic pasta :-)