Ice Cream

How can other brands even compete?

Other urls found in this thread:

bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog/morning-edition/2014/11/mastermind-behind-publix-ice-cream-flavors-to.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was like you once, until I found Blue Bunny homemade vanilla. If you have access to Brownie caramel cream root beer, combine the two and have yourself the best root beer float known to man.

blue bell makes a good coffee ice cream.

>File deleted

By not putting needless shit in the icecream. Only a few of pic related have Corn Syrup.

>tfw ate another pint of ben and jerries today

>eating shitty ben and jerry

Why not just buy a bunch of cookies, fudge, peanut butter, etc and blend it all with heavy cream and ice?

By not killing their customer base.

i like halo top because im cutting and have a low TDEE. it is better than arctic zero. i almost couldnt finish a pint of that because it was so fucking terrible.

when im not on a diet i like publix's premium brand of ice cream, its pretty good and they make interesting flavors.

that actually sounds pretty good, user

Why the fuck would I put that much effort into ice cream

I'd rather eat fruit for dessert than halo top

>not making ice cream according to your tastes
>not experimenting

Better than eating B&J shit

How much cream do they use and how much overrun is there? Those are the only important things really, aside from real sugar instead of corn syrup.

This. B&J has been shit since the 1990s when they sold out to Unilever and the recipes changed across the board for cheaper ingredients.

BY NOT POISONING THE CONSUMER

Walmart's natural vanilla blows this out of the water.

And yet even after being turned into a mass produced Unilever brand they're still better than Blue Bell

But that's kinda like saying Samuel Adams is better than Genessee Ice. It says more about Blue Bell than it does about Ben & Jerrys

I've never had Blue Bell. I have access to raw milk anyway.

homemade competes just fine
last thing i made was 'blue' moon, was decent.

Why the fuck can't i find the no sugar added anywhere?

Just make your own, it's better. All you need is sweetened condensed milk and heavy cream.

Ive been experimenting with different flavored syrups. Rose syrup was great, so was Lavender. I have Orange Blossom on my wishlist. I cant imagine going back to storebought when I can make whatever I want

We have Blue Bunny around here. It is horribly overpriced. There are better ice creams for considerably less.

I'm worried when the day comes for Nestle to force Haagen Dazs to downgrade their icecream. Either blatantly or in secret.

It will be tough to match the lype and the listeria.

Who has the best normal chocolate ice cream

Blue bell legitimately shills on this site. There's no other explanation for how often such a completely mediocre ice cream brand gets posted. Might as well rave about Edy's/Dreyer's.

Why not just eat a smaller portion of real ice cream? Or is the appeal to you really just the opportunity to completely empty a cardboard cup of its contents in a single sitting? I will never understand.

Jeni's

Their new banana pudding flavor is so good that the inventor should get to kill just one person and get away with it.

When you live in vermont and your only option for ice cream are B&J and small business ice cream parlors

Was it blue bunny or blue bonnet that had the listeria outbreak last year?

Blue bunny, why do you think they're marketing so much here

So THATS why they've been on sale alot lately

Don't give a fuck thought, some of their flavors changed the ice cream game for me

Sorry Blue Bell*
As in this thread is marketing

Lower prices?

You're probably fine. The FDA is giving them bi-weekly anal probes now I'm sure. It's written into FSMA that they will once you've had an outbreak

it ain't even close
I miss being back east and not having 40 flavors to chose at WinCo

You mean west?

it was Blue Bell

Pistachio best flavor. Prove me wrong.

QFC has 1.75qt Tillamook for $2.77 right now.

Why does no one make grape ice cream?

why doesn't blue bell use sugar?

Their radio commericals are awful and annoying, which basically convinced me to never eat their damn ice cream.

Grapes have too much water content. All it does is create ice shards in ice cream, so they have to be pureed.

The ones with that old man speaking over heartfelt guitar picking?
It's like a Tim and Eric skit

Should people outside of New England even be allowed to talk about Ice Cream?
I think no

I dont like this answer.
Cant they use some artificial flavor?

If you live near a Publix buy this when it comes out this season.
Great shit!

Please be joking OP

We have Friendly's in Florida

The day that happens is the day Nestle stops being scrutinized for everything.
It's just Texans and southerners.

>That sickly yellow vanilla
Awful

Reminder that the way to tell if a brand of ice cream is shit or not is by checking their vanilla for;

Color: vanilla ice cream should be milk white, the more yellow it is the lower the quality
Density: shitty companies over-aerate their ice cream so it can fill up large containers at the same weight; less dense ice cream is lower quality
Aftertaste: vanilla ice cream should have no discernible aftertaste; if the taste sticks to your mouth it's shit quality

Also reminder that Ice Cream labeling requirements are gone (again); companies that used to have to label their fake Ice Cream as "Frozen Dessert" can now label their flavored gum arabic as "Ice Cream" again. You can see this on cartons of Breyer's again.

>How can other brands even compete?
Listeria deaths over the course of years, no thank you.
Any company that lets people die, even through 3 failed inspections and doesn't care isn't worth my purchase, ever, not for the rest of my life, never.

Publix has some great ones, this one is also a favorite

superior store brand seasonal flavor coming through

That sounds kind of gross. Would rather just eat blueberry pancakes

>If you live near a Publix buy this when it comes out this season.
>Great shit!
It has been out at least 2 weeks now. Its a tie with the Santa's White Christmas and peppermint stick, and in my regular rotation for BOGOs. I love an eggnog scoop in a freshly crisp sugar cone.

Enjoy this article about the now-retired creator of all those yummy gourmet editions.
bizjournals.com/tampabay/blog/morning-edition/2014/11/mastermind-behind-publix-ice-cream-flavors-to.html

Yup. It’s got so much fake nostalgia in it that I thought I was listening to Fox News for a second.

>Publix has some great ones, this one is also a favorite
Is monkey business a copycat of Chunky Monkey? I wonder.

Publix Caramel Coast Getaway was a good one with nice ribbons of caramel but not overly sweet, as well as some kind of lemony-poundcake cookie thing they had a long time ago.

This user gets it. If the ingredients list on your ice cream doesn't look like this then it's probably shit.