McDonald's Rolls Out Successor to Dollar Menu

>McDonald's Rolls Out Successor to Dollar Menu

McDonald’s Corp. is preparing to up the ante in the fast-food price wars.

The world’s largest restaurant chain, facing heavy competition in the U.S., will launch a new value-priced menu nationally next year. The lineup will offer items for $1, $2 and $3, the company said on Tuesday.

The rollout will provide a long-awaited replacement to the Dollar Menu, which was popular with customers but less so with McDonald’s franchisees. The company has experimented with various discounts -- including McPick 2 for $5, which let customers choose two items -- in a bid to find something that wasn’t too hard on the profit margins of restaurant operators.

Almost 100 percent of franchisees have signed up to participate in the new value program, McDonald’s said. The stakes are high to get the formula right. Wendy’s and Burger King, McDonald’s closest competitors, have heavily promoted their discounted menus. And many U.S. consumers have retained a thrifty attitude in the years since the last recession.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-24/mcdonald-s-rolls-out-successor-to-dollar-menu-as-price-war-rages

Is this how they expect to make up for lost revenue? Dude just offer better food. People don't skip McDonald's because they're being smart with money. They skip it because it sucks.

lol inflation is really going to hurt their marketing strategies within several years

are you dumb? they can change prices and items offered with like a week's notice and people will still gobble up because it's mcdonald's

Obviously they aren't.

Just had two mcdoubles, pretty good dinner for 2.50.

Hope the menu is released soon because price is all that matters to me, I won't eat there if it's any more expensive.

>$2 mcdouble
>$1 hamburger
>$2 small fry
>$2 medium drink
they're gonna fuck this up so bad, i can feel it.

Mcdonald's gets their ass handed to them because what they known for now sucks and is relatively expensive. When you can have a smaller chain offer a single patty burger that is fresh with fries and drink for around 5.50. and a double for 6. There is a reason why they are going the way of the dinosaur. They just need to get good at a few things, sell them for a good price and stop trying to be everything to everyone.

this

I'm sure we will be missing the current poorfag McPick 2 for $2.50. Getting two double cheeseburgers for $2.50 will seem like a bargain soon.

What's even the *point* of a mcdouble anymore. They literally introduced it so they could take the real double cheeseburger off the dollar menu. If it's not a dollar anymore just retire it.

No, they really do only come because of the prices.
If I wanted better food, I'd eat at home.
Fast food is supposed to be convenient and cheap, when you don't have time for anything better.

mcdonalds is terrible
just went to wendys first time in a long while, god its so good, baked potato, chili and a chicken sandwich

They're gonna fuck this up so bad.
They'll bump up the mcdouble and mcchicken to $2 just to make it fit into their new scheme and effectively raise the price on every low cost item on their menu by 50 cents.

I dont go to mcds because its shit and it costs too much, i expect to pay like $5 and get a mountain of burgershit, instead you get like one item its horeshit

>McPick 2 for $2.50
I think the 2 for $x.xx price varies per city. I've seen it as high as 2 for $4

Umm... how is this different from their current value menu or Mc Pick 2 deal?

Kind of reminds me of how DQ rolled out the "Grill & Chill" lineup, which was literally their same restaurants with a new sign.

They discontinued the 2 for $2.50 thing the first week and changed it it for 2 for $5, leaving only the higher end burgers like big macs and other crap nobody buys

Are they bringing back the one dollar grilled onion and cheddar? No? Then they can fuck off.

>bringing back the one dollar grilled onion and cheddar

McDonald's here is an occasional treat, when you have money to burn and you want to feel like a decadent American consumer, or if you're a kid and it's "cool". Literally every other fast food place offers better food, bigger portions and lower prices.

I so glad i can count on Veeky Forums to provide the latest news on McDonald's products, I really needed to know about this. Thank you, i'll inform everyone around me as soon as I can.

In the us that's 3 mcdoubles?

Its 2 here in Canada - $1.79 ea

because a double cheese burger had 2 slices of cheese and the mcdub only has 1. they can sell that stupid piece of cheese to some rube for 30-50 cents. shit adds up

this post made me feel all jazzed up.

It 2 for 3 in Minnesota. I dinner mind it, 2 double cheese burgers (Not mcdouble) for 3$ isn't bad pricing. All soda is a dollar too, so I can get a large coke for a buck with it

Boi!!!!! Where my Jalapeno Doubles at tho!!!!

I hope they bring back all those mcchicken and double cheeseburger variations they had a while ago. That southwestern bbq burger with the fritos on it was fucking amazing

>half the stores in my area have gone up to $2.05 for a Jr. Chicken

Thats just wrong though. 2 for $2.50 is still a mcchicken, mcdouble, 4pc nuggets, small fry, and small drink.

The 2 for $5 is a quarter pounder, 10 pc nuggets, and a couple other things. I've only seen 1 mcds participate in this, and if you missed the promo poster you'd never know they had either of these price deals.

Also, EVERY mcds thta i've done the pick2 at, I pick 2 items, mention the mcpick 2, cashier rings it up and it comes to way too much money, i remind them again and the price is drastically reduced. Another reason I'd rather just have touch screen self ordering.

But yeah, they're going to fuck up this new "dollar menu"; and people will be upset the $1 item is literally too small for $1, the $2 item will be the old dollar menu, and the $3 won't be a good value.

This user is correct.

Jesus Christ

A large coffee and tea are $2 at Tims in my area now, quite literally a .10-.30 cent difference at a much better coffee location