Eternal /tea/ thread

what the fuck happened to the tea thread?

just copped this for comfy tea tea at work

mostly drink black/aged oolongs

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

compact view

Just got 4 pounds of tea in. This green lychee tea is really good, I haven't had caffeine in months and it gets me shaking if I drink the pot too fast.

I'm a little nervous about the black teas I got. I'm nearly done with my bag of caramel vanilla rooibos; gotta finish it before I open the bag of green rooibos. Supposedly its even sweeter.

Also, feels weird to quit alcohol and sleepy time tea and stress relief tea (chamomile) actually does something for me.

>chink container of green jasmine tea says use boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes
This is a joke right? There's no way boiling water or steeping longer than 2-3 minutes wouldn't be disgusting

Blueberry bliss rooibos, Choco Coco Joy (choclate, coconut, and almond black tea), Butterscotch black, and lychee green is what I got. In the comments section of ordering, I asked for some stickers or swag not currently listed for sale, they gave me like 20 stickers.

My favorite tea is the Turkish Tea.

yah I drink chamomile and sleepy time occasionally and it does make me warm and fuzzy

Traditional Iranian tea setup.

I've got a caffeine sensitivity and have numerous sleeping problems. A couple cups of sleepytime extra wouldn't do much for me other than prevent me from getting out of bed the following day.

Its a little strange pur-eh tea is an after dinner tea to promote digestion, buts its a fermented black tea with a bunch of caffeine. I had to stop drinking it even though it tastes like fermented vagina.

I know this is a joke image, but pine needle tea can be alright if you're having a shitty camp/hike. Thats essentially twigs and leaves and dirt.

My favorites in order:

Keemun Hao Ya A > Irish Breakfast > Matcha > Yerba Mate

Can someone compare matcha and yerba mate to something else? I drink gunpowder green even if its a little plain and grassy, would I enjoy matcha or mate?

They both have really unique tastes that aren't like any other tea really. It's hard to describe. Matcha is like green tea with an almost creamy aftertaste. Yerba Mate also tastes very unique and not really comparable to any other tea. It's very earthy. It's kinda an acquired taste. I'm not sure what to compare it to. Kinda like dried squash maybe or roasted pumpkin seed.

does anyone have the pastebin i forgot the sites :(
also i have some dank vietnamese oolong rn

What's the black stuff?

dates

I think the white stuff is candied ginger maybe? No idea what the translucent stuff or the powder is.

Wut, I figured the white things were sugar cubes and the powder was cinnamon am I wrong? Also the translucent things are obviously power crystals

white is sugar cubes, powder is cinnamon, crystals are "rock candy"

go green Oolong's taste sorta like butter to anyone here?

pastebin.com/4ZEuMwBJ
As far as I know this is still the newest.

weird nobody came trolling about tea being faggy

that say, I would like one of those water with caffeine drinker try some hardcore turkish tea, you know, with boiled gunpowder tea and a generous amount of dried peppermint

Indian Assam Prithvi Small Holder 'Golden Tippy' Black for lunch today.

Why is honey so expensive? If I had to buy gigantic quantities to not pay $8 per pound I would. This is retarded I don't know where to get cheap honey.

maybe quit honey? I don't like the honey taste corrupting the tea
I buy it for cheap at supermarkets, even considering it's shitty pasteurized stuff

I don't put it in every time, but its nice to have when my day is going shitty. I found some cheap stuff from vietnam in my grocery store on clearance. Its not bad, but I know its not as good as the raw stuff from a crazy bee farmer locally. I'd like to find a little farmers market that sells it.

>"got 4 pounds of tea in"
>it's all flavored teas or non-tea herbal drinks

>High quality organic tea with bits of butterscotch, natural bits of flavoring such as marigold, mallow blossoms, lychee, orange peels and blueberry, almonds, and coconut
>not good tea

Get more pretentious

>high quality tea
>dressed up with all sorts of flavorings, some almost definitely artificially added.
That's not how high quality tea is sold. You got ripped off bud.

Except its not. But keep telling yourself pajeet tea from china is a superior tea.

How much will a good ceramic teapot with a built-in strainer cost me? I got a glass one with it but it transfers heat to the glass handle too well. I realize I need to cough up the dough for a good one but I don't wanna overspend it.

Face it, kid. They don't take good tea and mix it with coconut and orange peels. That's how they turn a profit with bad tea. A few bits of almond and coconut in the tea also wouldn't have much of an effect on flavor. If you can actually taste that stuff in the tea, they have artificially added flavor to it, even if it's "natural coconut flavor"

teaware.house

My order I got a few weeks, just starting to really delve into loose leaf, it's all been pretty good, 3oz of citrus green, masala chai, and turmeric bliss, a sampler of orchard white teas, and free samples of strawberry herbal, chamomile, chocolate chai, and a pisces blend. Eventually going to expand out into more varieties and more expensive types and perhaps delve into Gong Fu brewing, once I graduate and find a job.

>not drinking ginger tea with whole milk and honey

haha what a faggot

i love matcha.

Matcha tea causes irreversible damage to the brain stem

that just makes me want to drink it more

>Eventually going to expand out into more varieties and more expensive types and perhaps delve into Gong Fu brewing

Gong Fu brewing is really the only way to prepare tea to be honest

I see it as the best way to truly indulge and get the full taste experience out of a tea, it's where you dedicate some time to it, relax, and enjoy it. Western style has a bit of an advantage for being quicker and more on the go. Still going through college and living in a dorm it's unfortunately not something I can readily experience as of right now, but I do intend to look into once I've graduated and have a stable job.

Been waiting for the Autumn harvest for months and it will be here soon.

Has anyone tried batabata-cha? It gets called Japanese puer and is said to contain vitamin B12.