Other urls found in this thread:

vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/15310982
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeehaw

a new ip has arrived

i'm not really seeing any grad students, just weird shitposting..?
also what's that in the OP?

Is it bad I don't know who that person is? I'm history major btw

yes, very

I found the quadratic casimir of a certain algebra that is important to my reasearch. It ends up being an approximate constant of motion for any semi-classical quantum sysytem.

nice chatroom....

I just got accepted to a Math phd program. What are some tips and tricks for new math graduate students?

But I still probably won't get a post doc ever

Is 32 too late to apply to grad school for physics?

>grad student general
>not a single grad student in the thread
Veeky Forums 2018 my friends

not even with the filename?

Attached: willy dindu nuffin rong.jpg (377x590, 101K)

are you serious
how

filename says dick he does look like a dick head haha

L.O.L.

hey guys whats the easiest ivy league school to get into

tryna get a masters ya feel me

Attached: 1512775682702.gif (138x292, 55K)

uh no i don't "feel" you

this is why i don't associate with the quiet grad students in my cohort. You're all autistic losers

My research program is currently the single most productive program on Earth. I recently wrote a book regarding my hypertimecube findings.

>The General Relevance of the Modified Cosmological Model
MIRROR 1: vixra.org/abs/1712.0598
MIRROR 2: 2occatl.net/1712.0598v2.pdf
MIRROR 3: drive.google.com/file/d/1sXrFZhMo9OjoauL0SgAvpSxD_8qaAYi0/view?usp=sharing

Attached: unitcell2.png (668x509, 219K)

Attached: 21.jpg (737x995, 442K)

cmon feel me here man please wondering on bioinformatics biostatistics or genetics yknow? im just a broth tryna get some education here

let me feel you in my asshole

Don't start my PhD until the fall, but have concluded that the polymer I'm making for undergrad research probably won't actually have improved ion channel formation but still have to finish the synthesis so I don't burn a bridge with my PI.

What's with all the autistic memes in this place? I asked for help finding a good grad school for math yesterday and I got swarmed by "HAHAHA 300k STARTING" posts. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT A NEW GRAD STUDENT TO POST YOU FUCKING AUTISTS??

And before that I asked a simple question on how I find research opportunities and I again got swarmed by fucking autists with all their unfunny inside jokes. Fuck you and fuck those grad students, they are literally one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever talked to. Also fuck the guy in /mg/ who suggested I try out those autistic grad schools and "ask for guidance on the /gsg/ general and they will help you". Bunch of manchildren.

Agree x 1

please respond im tryna get help

*responds*

*leaps into pond*

disrespectfully disagree x 1

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>mfw undergrads

Attached: 1509735819202.jpg (607x608, 60K)

grr h8 undergrads

>why are there so many immature teenagers on Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums any year tbqh

I went to a shit undergrad university and high school. At each, I was by far the best academically. I was used to always being the best.

I just started physics graduate school. I'm in a top 10 program, which means there are people who are better than me. I hate this feeling. I want to be the best, but I know I can't. The problem is, I'm competitive to a fault. The fact that I can't compete with some of these guys makes me feel really awful. Does anyone have any advice for dealing with feeling of inadequacy? This feels so immature, but it's becoming a somewhat serious emotional issue for me.

get better? lmao
also you can only mask your insecurity for so long

Yea you're a sad little child

Just pray so you stop being so prideful, accept they are better. I personally find having people smarter than me around to be great, I can actually have a discussion and possibly learn something, unlike with the retards I've been usually around.

t.brainlet

Attached: 1517422233793.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

This is the only good way to look at it. I should focus less on feeling inadequate, and try to grow from being around them. It's good this is happening. I was really insulated emotionally in undergrad.

Beep beep, PhD chemistry graduate working in industry coming through. Would you like some retarded swag from our coming university recruitment program?

yes, please.

Do soon-to-be grad students count? I'm almost finished going to all my visit weekends, and I don't think I've ever been more excited to start school in the fall.

bacteriology is based

SHOULD I PH SOC MEDIA OR NAH

yeah do it

Gradschool visits we're awesome. I loved that period of time. So much drinking and traveling.

Hope you like bottle openers and shitty flashlights because that's all solvay provides.

i do happen to love them, thanks

your welcome

are undergrads even considered human?

If they're taking graduate courses, yes.

wouldn't they only be as human as the % of grad courses they're taking? e.g. 5 courses, 3 of them are grad, makes them 3/5ths of a person? (and 9/25ths of a person if they're black)

When I saw 3/5ths, I knew exactly where you were going with that joke without reading further. Edgy, I like it.

You may laugh at our waggle but Elsaß-Lothringen is rightful German clay!

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka S2 - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.54_[2015.10.10_22.55.45].jp (711x716, 102K)

I wish I was that smurt. I just look at things and record what they look like.

Cornell but it is an """ivy""""

Liquor

[math][/math]
[math][/math]

K

Should i do an MS in Information Security at Carnegie Mellon or a MS + PhD at an in-state university where there's a professor who's really interested in me? I toured their security lab and it's legit. it's obvious they get lots of funding
strawpoll.me/15310982

I voted CMU
What's the in-state university? Is it Penn State?
I go to CMU and the information security here is absolute top notch. Additionally, they have the software engineering institute, which is a leading lab in security. You won't get a better experience here. Then, you can just stay for your PhD or go to another school for your PhD.

It's a Veeky Forums reference afaik, /gsg/ is their grand strategy general, and they love to Waggle their Willys, hence the image