Grocery Shoplifting Thread

What are your best tips and weirdest tricks to score the biggest hauls?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FE-oKf_o_Zo?t=486
youtube.com/watch?v=Pha96r6s_g4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tip #1

Don't do it you fuck

Stealing from your work is one thing, stealing from someone else's work is another
Don't be a cunt, think of the poor lad working stock control for minimum wage having to explain to his boss that his numbers don't add up

I'm an assistant manager at a grocery store and I will fucking kill you user

Up the butt, you'd be surprise how much guys up there

If youre American you and hide cheese and sausage in your fat rolls

This is a bit unorthodox but I find it works really well...

Get a job and use money to pay for groceries

Seriously fuck you types of people I stock shelves and have to look out for shoplifters and we arent insured for every little item that turns up missing some guy I work with could get blamed even though he didn't do shit and he could be out on his ass because of you being a fuck. Get Sickle Cell OP.

>lmao all of these wagecuck fags that live with Mommy
>They've never been lowdown and starving
>Don't steak from us pl0x
>Well get really mad

Fuck off I steal something from Walmart mart everything single time i step food in one just because of the fags ITT

>having an internet connection
>wasting time in Veeky Forums
>"I have to do it to survive, anons!"
Yeahsure.jaypeejeg

Most chain stores of any kind account for shoplifting in their numbers. They know it exists. They know they can't stop it without alienating customers. They literally don't care because the amount they lose from shoplifting is a tick in their profits.
It's not even that for me, I just don't give a shit about stealing from some big corporation.

I can confirm this.

Fuck people who steal and fuck you Op.

That being said make sure you buy something during a shoplifting visit because it will draw less suspicion than you walking in and out real quick without buying anything.

I've also heard you can slip small products into the handle holes of cases of beer and soda this works especially well with small things like Electronics.

>everything
>everything
>every.....

Who's the wage slave now.

1. Be under 18 years old
2. Go right after school or during lunch and bring your backpack with as much room inside as possible
3. Grab your items and bring them to an area of the store without video surveillance and much traffic
4. Put them in the backpack and leave the store. This works better if you bring a lookout and someone to stuff your bag quickly for you
5. Don't get caught

Seriously don't do this if you are an adult and make sure the items you're stealing won't set off the rfid alarms at the exit.

t. someone who used to steal hundreds of dollars of video games every few days in school

>It's not even that for me, I just don't give a shit about stealing from some big corporation.
You think that money is coming out of the CEO's pay?

>Buy apples and fruits
>scan them as potatoes

You've never actually worked in a grocery store, have you?

Does Mr. Shekelstein take the shrink losses out of your weekly paycheck?

I've actually seen this happen.
>working front end of a supermarket
>notice a manager and LP tailing a ham beast as she makes her way out the door
>she notices them and starts to "run"
>makeup and candy bars fall out of her top with every vibration of her folds
>go over to pick up the merchandise
>all the candy is melted
>everything is coated in smelly oily sweat
>some of it actually slips out of my hands
>managers decide it would be best to just write everything off as a loss

Just standing up for greedy corporations, thumbs up bro not like they don't make billions of dollars enslaving talentless people to work for them.

All of the clips in this video are gold but this one is my favorite

youtu.be/FE-oKf_o_Zo?t=486

Man, those are some harggard-looking types.
I worked retail years and years ago while I was in school and a lot of the people we caught were actually quite nicelooking. Young women in businesssuits, old men in tweed jackets... it wasn't all junkies and drunkards certainly.

This is pretty much how I imagine looks, though. Except he's probably still in his teens.

Also, it looks like a lot of them are being allowed to leave. I guess in the US there's a worry they can sure they store if they're withheld? I don't know. We held back ours and either got them to show ID and sign an admission of guilt or, if they refused, we called the cops who would then show up and take them with. I don't know how harsh of a punishment they actually caught for that but I guess they were at least made to pay for the stolen and often broken groceries. (The paper they signed included a list of items and their value.)

Walmart is easy. Pack your cart full of shit and make sure you have something big in there. A six-pack of paper towels works nicely. Pack whatever it is you don't want to pay for behind or underneath the paper towels with the barcode on the paper towels facing upward. Go to a checkout with a cashier (do not use the self-checkout) and load all the shit you're paying for onto the conveyor thing. As the cashier is bagging your stuff, strategically place the bags around the paper towels. No need to get the paper towels out of the cart, they'll reach over with the hand scanner. I do it all the time.

I just shop at grocery outlet stores. it's like legal shoplifting.

It's coming out of their revenue, ceos, make 1million dollars a year. An employee of Walmart makes 35k a year please tell me how it hurts their company.

Is this like Big Lots or something different?

Fuck all the retard trying to have a moral high ground on a basket weaving forum.

Best thing i do though which is like half stealing is ringing up the veggies as something entirely different or cheaper version of itself at the self check out

Buy all organic and ring it up as regular every time

If anyone ever asked I would claim ignorance but no one ever has

Well the company offsets loses from the taxes they owe... so you're screwing Trump...

different. these stores sell discontinued, outdated (or nearly outdated), damaged, or surplus food.

when you see a truck crash on the news that results in 1000 boxes of chocolate cheerios all over the interstate, those slightly damaged boxes get sold to grocery outlets for pennies on the dollar.

I recently bought a valentine's day cake that had been frozen for the last 9 months.

That's nuts I'm going to look and see if there's one in my area. I was shopping at a restaurant depot for a while. You have to have a business tax id to get in but they have really good deals on some stuff you won't find at Costco

It aint coming out of anyones pay. My friend works AP for walmart, what they lose is nothing compared to what they make profit everyday.

ITT: we are niggers

goto bulk section, get cashews, use the number for peanuts.
2lbs chia seeds, ring up as oats
goto self serve isle, ring up expensive produce as cheap shit.
learn to print upc codes at home
really though, you cant really scam the stores anymore except in this manner.

If you're smart, just look at your receipt. grocers overcharge you all the time and in NY we are entitled to 10x the difference up to $10, its called the super-refund. i usually make $5-$10 every time i go shopping just by checking the prices on the shelves vs on the receipt.

I used to eat from the bulk candy and nuts bins but then I worked for a judge and saw someone get prosecuted for it lol

Anyway, shiggy diggy, OP

What a fucking degen you are.

I thought you were fucking with us when you called it a "super-refund" but it actually exists.

2legit

You have to have an Internet connection to get even the shittiest job nowadays. Internet is a basic necessity like electric power and plumbing, it hasn't been a sign of wealth for years now.

>self checkout
>ring up expensive meats as bananas, code 4011

Most stores I have been to have newer machines that say, out loud what you're ringing up. So you could ring up a rack of ribs as bananas and it would literally say, "move your BANANAS to the bag".There's usually an employee standing close by as well.

Best tip any potential shoplifters could get: don't fuck with Target.
Target is one of the most litigious corporations around, and they keep track of everything you take so that as soon as you cross a legal threshold for a greater crime they go after. They've got a private crime-lab for christ's sake! Seriously, don't fuck with them.

Internet is a human right in many countries

Just put it on mute, I do it all the time because I can't fucking stand that dumb voice announcing everything I scan along with the price.

>tfw i once bought a special k for 4.5 bucks
Holy shit that's cheap

Don't the majority of stores have those alarms? I understand that 20 years ago you could just go in and steal like the pasty jew you are, but aside from produce anything with a barcode can set that shit off.

Happens at the grocery store I go to. Someone forgets something in their cart and go to leave with their groceries. Alarm goes off.

lol not a barcode that sets it off. also, only certain items have security tags

This.
I've never outright stolen anything from a store (aka just straight up pocketed it) but self checkouts make it stupidly easy to steal shit.
>go to supermarket late at night
>nobody is working the registers, forced to self checkout
>only people in the store are stocking shelves
>ring up expensive shit ass bananas
>ring up organic produce as regular
If they can't afford to pay people to check me out and don't pass the savings along to me then fuck em. I'm stealing all kinds of shit.

ITT: people rush to the defense of their corporate overlords because stealing is for "bad people and niggers"

I don't see anyone defending corporations. Just human decency and the right to own property.

ITT: Shopping with Antifa. "Fuck the corporations everything should be free" edition.

There is a big, big middlefield between wealthy and poor enough so you have to rely on stealing.

The usual course of action, when not happy with the service, would be to shop at another store/chain.

Are you really that poor? Shoplifting is the lowest of lows and real thieves will laugh at you

True, but it has to be a job that pays enough to afford groceries.

You're a literal moron. IF you really do that, I can't wait for karma to catch up to you. Have fun

This is how my buddy got arrested at 16

Nah, nothing to do with politics. I merely do it because I'm able to get away with it without consequence

All of this is correct. It's called "shrinkage" in the industry and usually if it can be brought to only a 2-3% loss it's deemed acceptable.

However, this doesn't change the fact that stealing is morally reprehensible no matter how normalized or inconsequential it is. This is a violation of one of the Hobbesian Natural Laws, a foundation on which human laws are built. By denying this you bring yourself closer to the State of Nature, which is not something you want unless you enjoy wanton violence over limited resources.

I appreciate that you're honest about it at least. It's the idiots who try to justify it that get to me.

Worked retail for years and had to deter thieves daily after an encampment set up under a nearby bridge and the city refused to deal with it for 3 years.

If someone's so poor that they gotta steal food, I'm sympathetic to that. If they're stealing shit to support their addiction, it is my fervent hope that they die in a fire.

>because I'm able to get away with it
Kys you're the fucking lowliest of the low

dirty thiefs I hope someone breaks into your house

I have barely ever done this. But my favourite was to just put something expensive on the bottom rack of the grocery cart in addition to other things I plan to pay for which I put in the normal part of the cart. I stand in line, pay for everything except what's underneath, and if I get caught I pretend it was an accident, which is plausible enough that I never got in trouble. The worst that ever happened is I had to pay for what I planned to steal. But most of the time it worked.

i could use some tips as well.

Literal nigger tier.

Are you an actual communist?

>buy almond butter
>ring it up as peanut butter

Thanks, WinCo.

Winco is awesome like that.
I love buying bulk peanuts that doubles as cashews.

Things cost more because of people like you.
I honestly hate thieves more than murderers.

Anyone griping about morals can fuck off. For the corporation to exist they're certifiably in a lower class of ethics than the worst individuals you can find. Don't steal from people. As in, real people. When you steal from Walmart who's profit are you taking? The shareholder. The CEO, the CFO. These people don't give a fuck about you. In their eyes you're the same as regular law abiding shoppers: a fucking subhuman piece of shit made to make them more money.

If you're placing abstract concepts like "Morality!", "Justice!", or "the Law!" above yourself and the things you want to possess, you're getting fucked. Ideas like that suck you in, but they don't suck you off.

Don't you have a trash can to go light on fire with your other Antifa friends?

>"Hurr fuck da police, I steal what I want!"
>Same faggot gets his house broke into and his shit jacked.
>"WTF THE COPS DIDN'T EVEN CATCH HIM!"

Breaking news moron, shareholders are normal people too.

N-no, the're robots maaaan!

I dont think people understand the immense infrastructure thats is maintained to prevent theft. All of this stuff is factored into prices.
A large part of out lives are dedicated to protecting ourselves against the pathetic vultures that constantly peck at our wallets.
You're not just taking from some corporation. You are infecting the planet. You are the worst kind of person.

i distract the clerk by giving them money and walk right out with my haul

>Stealing is okay, it only affects the corporate fatcats.
>I don't need to pay my traffic tickets, I don't fund the state puppet masters!
>Everything should just be free anyway, other countries do that.

It's figured into prices. It's a form of wealth redistribution, the poor steal and the rich pay full price.

I make them print out a slip of paper that shows them every item in my cart after.
Cold. Blooded.

>and the rich pay full price.

I stick these on shoplifters when they don't notice.

no you don't

You work retail for 10+ years and not get bored.

>If you're smart, just look at your receipt. grocers overcharge you all the time and in NY we are entitled to 10x the difference up to $10, its called the super-refund. i usually make $5-$10 every time i go shopping just by checking the prices on the shelves vs on the receipt.
is it that common?

I can collaborate this :)

WHY DO YOU THROUGH AWAY THE RIPE BANANAS INSTEAD OF SELLING THEM TO ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This isn't a typo, is it?

Is it true that you have the ability to zoom in and enhance?

youtube.com/watch?v=Pha96r6s_g4

i don't watch footage; i work with analyzing data and such

>morals
Upper level kek m8, feel free to stay spooked but no one else has to

Also, as , let me add
>limited resources

Hobbes was living in mainly in the 1600s. His writings were based off of 1600s society (and that which came before). If you're gonna try and interpret him in the modern global capitalist society, you have to make significant rewrites to his theory, same as you would have to for someone like Marx.

i once took a 5p piece of chewing gum when i was 6, i walked out with in my hand to ask my mum if she could buy it and she didnt go back in so i just followed her.

For a hobby I like to take Kroger sales tags, bring them to another grocery store like publix and place them on their shelves to create massive confusion.

Peel the organic tags off of produce and put a cheaper, non organic sticker on it.

If you’re buying something cheap in bulk like onions throw some garlic bulbs in the bag with them

lol, we found user at 2:20

can confirm this exists for Lowes as well. they wait for it to get to a felony level and crush you.