Scientists want to spend tens of billions on geoengineering projects that will stop the glaciers from melting...

scientists want to spend tens of billions on geoengineering projects that will stop the glaciers from melting. like building a 100 metre wall next to them and get this, a hose that pumps cold water back into them

i dont swing either way but climate scientists are the most dumb fucking poofters i have ever had the misfortune of coming across

Attached: 1520972193218-armie-hammer-mugshot1.jpg (700x391, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/18/billion-dollar-polar-geoengineering-to-slow-melting-glaciers-global-flooding
youtu.be/z0mxL-BekLE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>climate scientists
This is a misnomer, climate "scientists" do not actually use the scientific method.

>like building a 100 metre wall next to them and get this, a hose that pumps cold water back into them
sauce?

Attached: 1482188795004.jpg (1500x1500, 45K)

But, does global warming exist?

It exists in the minds of the doomsday cult who believe in it.

Scientists have outlined plans to build a series of mammoth engineering projects in Greenland andAntarcticato help slow down the disintegration of the planet’s main glaciers. The controversial proposals include underwater walls, artificial islands and huge pumping stations that would channel cold water into the bases of glaciers to stop them from melting and sliding into the sea.

The researchers say the work – costing tens of billions of dollars a time – is urgently needed to prevent polar glaciers melting and raising sea levels. That would lead to major inundations of low-lying, densely populated areas, such as parts of Bangladesh, Japan and the Netherlands.

theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/18/billion-dollar-polar-geoengineering-to-slow-melting-glaciers-global-flooding

If global warming is such a big issue why not nuke the main contaminators, China and India, and enforce a green energy policy everywhere?
It really sounds like a racket when they don't take any serious steps to prevent it.

I think that the global warming it's a big issue to the planet today, but not that much, and it won't cause the planet extinction. But will help it.

ITT botposters and nothing else

>build 100m high wall in front of glacier
>glacier pushes it over

>cool glaciers with big cooling pipes
>pretend that the heat gained by the coolant just disappears

>build "artificial islands" beside Antarctica
>ends up turning into project Habakkuk

>lol just fire nukes at a hostile nuclear armed country, that'll fix the environment

Chinks are dumb and only understand with force.
How else are you getting them to stop contaminating?

← three proposals

Attached: glacial_geoengineering.jpg (800x1576, 190K)

This.

It's their total lack of conviction which makes their whole movement stink - just the fact that their main solution (carbon taxes), won't affect their own lifestyles even a little bit wreaks of hypocrisy.

These types of "solutions" show a lack of understanding of the 2nd law of thermodynamics, and the fact that they're being presented by supposedly serious scientists is very disconcerting.

In the long run this type of shit will not only fail to keep those glaciers around, it will make global warming worse, simply because they require vast amounts of energy to implement - which itself causes global warming.

I'd prefer to green rooftops, fix our massive watershed and road problem, decentralize agriculture, all of these things and so much more
The main thing is bureacracies, especially private and state bureacracies simply can't do it. We need property and land "reform"(revolution)
Anarchy and careful organization with widespread ideaological change are the only real answers. Bureacrats can't save us but we can and should take advantage of bureacracy (it's vulnerable)
The biggest barriers are laws and the private power they protect.
Anyways this won't help, get active in your community (ecological community that is) organize with your people and go and cull noxious invasive plants, clean up watersheds, lobby bureacracies with commrads to do something (here for example I am trying to get the highway department, an electric company, and the core of engineers along with my community and local land trusts as well as the nature conservancy and a few state and local Ngo agencies to implement landscape level mangment on fallow land that is horribly neglected. It will be relatively easy, would create new economic and ecological niche space and would and improve and keep my area(Western Arkansas/Missouri Ozarks) as a biodiversity hot spot with tremendous conservation value.
You can easily do this and help others do the same.
Or just simply teach a child about native trees or frogs and spend your free time improving habitat all by yourself.
"Green energy" has been made into a racket.
"Geoenginering"
Lol living systems are devolp on their own. Autopoeisis is so much better than any burecratic project. All we need to engineer is stable parameters and stop treating ourselves as externalities to the rest of life.
DESU we need to focus on destorying the systemic cancer that got us here instead of trying to build a new foundations on top of it.
If you into systems you should now that constraint happens at small scales, not at the top.(if you don't get this gtfo)

That glacier shit is stupid. If you want stop global warming you just need to block out the sun. Picture related could stop any plausible anthropogenic warming effect for $20 billion a year or so.

Another proposal, called Marine cloud brightening, which would use automated wind powered ships to spray fine mist into the air to increase cloud formation could also probably stop all warming for a similar price.

Attached: ul53a6d48d.png (464x372, 167K)

>It really sounds like a racket
al gore just called me and he says you should
" shut the fuck up " " the science is settled "

nuclear winter dumb shit

If the ice caps melt then Cthulhu and the other elder gods will be free to roam the earth and they will fucking kill everyone which I'm perfectly fine with honestly.

govs been fucking it up for some time now

Attached: doingthatdingdong.jpg (1000x668, 662K)

youtu.be/z0mxL-BekLE

Attached: 7zd65l.jpg (300x450, 24K)

Retard. It's a localised limitation of glacial sliding, meaning stopping rising water temporarily. Meaning overall longer time before disaster. The tiny bit of energy in play is irrelevant. Don't ever speak of thermodynamics.