Can you judge one's apparent intelligence through their taste in music?

can you judge one's apparent intelligence through their taste in music?
>youtube.com/watch?v=G5GXS8jMSgI
I'm not smart.

Attached: 15278402.jpg (500x465, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-QrIeS9imc
youtube.com/watch?v=qyJoadLnKMo
youtu.be/cgnMXfZ5z-E
youtube.com/watch?v=ONxlnW0T3X8
youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No that’s rediculous

I'm quite certain there is a correlation to a degree. I reckon that the reason why one likes the music he likes is the best indicator though, rather than just taking into account differing genres (though I imagine one listening to Wagner is more likely possess superior intelligence than one listening to 50 Cent). Does he like the song because he heard it on a radio 20 times and feels a sense of familiarity (there are studies which conclude that one is more likely to enjoy music he's familiar with) or because he feels stimulated by it on a more intellectual level?

I used to be constrained to rock and metal as an edgy teen, but as I hit my early 20's, I widened my pallet to range from 1930's jazz to meme eurobeat. Whichever song gives me an earbug usually ends up saved. Classical evokes a sense of pride in my emotional center as it really is a feat of team effort and coordination.

There is probably a correlation. I'd like to think is correlated with how many genres of music you like as opposed to which specific ones.

Im pretty sure there also is a correlation between how hipster your music taste is and how intelligent you are too.

>Astrophysics major
>Burzum
r8 me

It also depends on what kind of intelligence. Are you going to listen, dance, or,.. you know,..

epic 'classical music is for smart people' meme

Soo, you're smart?

Attached: Mirga-Grzinyte-Tyla-2.jpg (838x450, 80K)

yes

People who say thei're not smart, is sometimes smarter than they realise. Some say that dumb people don't realize.

I'd like to get to know you

Attached: burzum.jpg (480x360, 9K)

r8 me

youtube.com/watch?v=1-QrIeS9imc

Good for you :-) I just wondered if you can put it up like that. I think there is a wide variety of music across genres that has a complexity worthy "of the intelligent"

I didn't even say that, but nice try.

youtube.com/watch?v=qyJoadLnKMo

youtu.be/cgnMXfZ5z-E

>He can't even appreciate 50 cent
The absolute state of brainlets

I didn't say I can't. Although you're right, I really can't appreciate nigger ghetto music. Don't see how that makes me a brainlet. But by all means, feel free to post an example of a good poetry from 50 cent. I'm open to reconsider my stance.

>I liek classical
Sure, bro. What do you like?
>Hans Zimmer, other movie composer, the epik Blizzard game soundtrack, the epik Bethesda game soundtrack, any composer from my top 100 Classical Music album

And that's how you spot a pseudo-intellectual based purely on their musical tastes.

Attached: 1498788931370.jpg (1024x576, 184K)

The human brain is our biggest asset. Jeez, we're doomed!
you might just be the smartest of us all!

>Your tastes are popular? Feh!
This is how you spot a pseudo-intellectual based purely on their musical tastes

>Physiology and Anatomy
>Goregrind and extreme death metal
Do the genres fit the subjects that I'm studying, desu?

>nigger
Why the racism?

youtube.com/watch?v=ONxlnW0T3X8

tell me i'm stupid

No such thing as racism, only slave morality

>apparent intelligence
yes
actual, no
u r tard level

47 clicks across over 3 mins and it literally sounded near exactly the same
perhaps a tuning fork tone would suffice as a replacement

Dunno senpai, but I like a lot of different kinds of music. From black metal to cute anime girl music. I also play "classical" music-by that I mean baroque era music. I also notice a lot of my peers that do well play an instrument on the side as well.

One thing I notice is a lot pseuds like classical music, but don't even know how to play/read music. These people are just walking Dunning-Krugers.

>I didn't say I can't.
Yes, you did. Of course you don't realize that you can't; that's part and parcel of being a brainlet.
So you can at least become a trained brainlet, here's a ~10 minute spoonfeed on how to listen to nigger music.
youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU
As for 50 cent, I recommend his album "Power of the Dollar".

>One thing I notice is a lot pseuds like classical music, but don't even know how to play/read music. These people are just walking Dunning-Krugers.
This actually.
Really, listening to music is a visceral experience.
Trying to link intelligence to music preference is a bit like trying to link intelligence to favorite sexual position..

I think the internet and instant access to any and all music in existence has really changed things. In the 1980s and 1990s I didn't have access to anything like the internet. Everything was either word of mouth or radio and there wasn't much selection on the radio and even less by word of mouth. Record stores only had what was on the radio in my area.

Now I listen to shit that no one has ever heard of where I live and it wouldn't exist without the internet. Also "fads" are a thing of the past now with how persistent stuff is online. A new genre just doesn't die out like it once did from generation to generation. Now there's dedicated artists in all known genre still churning out that genre.

Attached: Spanish Dancer.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

You sounds like a douche bag fyi

Beyond liking popular trash on mainstream radio and actually having your own taste -- no. Music is more to do with exposure. Perhaps musical education too, one who is educated would be more interested in music that clearly reveals and shows the content of their education. Meaning less or no vocals, no popular stuff (as it is always simplistic), and no obscure stuff that isn't quite 'music' by said education. Probably less electronic stuff too, less instruments but greater instrument-complexity.

Yeah.
Brainlets tend to have extremely narrow tastes such as only listening to one genre or only a few artists while intelligent people can find enjoyment listening to anything.

>From black metal to cute anime girl music.
This pretty much.

nah I'm not smart, I just appreciate classical as an art form. Usually, I think it's reserved for pretentious pseuds, but I like to put up Wagner in the background as I'm doing something

fpbp