Do you like an old fashioned meal like this? It's sort of humble by today's standards

Do you like an old fashioned meal like this? It's sort of humble by today's standards

I've always liked that kind of roasted potatoes

See St. John, Rochelle Canteen etc.

Robust, simple food is in vogue rn

Molecular shite is passe and gimmicky

I prefer a dinner like that.

Might need some sauce but otherwise solid.

>this triggers the hipster, the vegan, and the coastie

wtf is the green shit? guacamole?

is that a glass of gravy with ice cubes

mushy peas

(own brand) cola

mushy peas you tard

That is actually exactly what I want to eat tonight.

>not having a gravy boat filled with cola

Of course. That's really the best kind of meal to eat on a daily basis. Comfy, healthy, delicious, unpreposessing.

Nah, I need my meals to be art

I'm from the west coast and this looks delicious.

>dinner
it's tea you knob

Midday meal is lunch
Evening meal is tea

LARGEST meal of the day is your dinner

I learned that in a Richard Scarry book when I was like 6

Most of my weekly meals look quite similar to these, with slightly less ascetic plating and lighting.

Gee user why do you get 4 sausages?

Do you honestly think people on the coasts don't eat meatloaf and mashed potatoes? That's comedy gold.

holy fuck that is way too much potatoes
and this is coming from a guy who fucking loves mashed potatoes

>if breakfast is your largest meal then it is actually dinner

indeed

Because he thinks he's Trump. He always has to have twice as much as everyone else.

if they get to have stupid misconceptions and stereotypes about us then its only fair that we get to as well

What's humble and old fashioned about it?
Unless you're a faggot who eats dicks only, I don't see how those ''attributes'' fit that meal.

I love Richard Scarry books, they were a childhood staple.

You can't even see that you're contributing to that stereotype of you with your own posts.

As an oregonian, looks good to me

Majority of what I eat is like that. Meat, starch, vegetable.

I usually eat like that, though more seasoning, and I usually make some kind of sauce.

why put out 2 plates for 1 person?

I cook like that very often. Tonight is left over chicken and dumplings using my nanas recipe. I refer to meals like this as 'good, clean food.'

I love bangers and mash but that's way too much wasabi.

>old fashioned

huh? I eat this my whole childhood and adulthood

maybe some sauce if I'm feeling EXTRA adventurous

That's not "working class" that's "white trash".
>Too much starch
>sliced bread w/"butter"
>no sauce
>cola

Nothing wrong with meatloaf but the canned veggies and parsley screams Betty Crocker.

The practi veggies could be improved but otherwise it looks solid.

This looks like my grandma's terrible cooking. Those veggies I hate, but everything else is supreme.

What are you French? That's not even the average American serving of mash.

feel free to eat some nutrition once in a while

Would eat, just cut out the pop and bread

The only thing old fashioned about that plate is the contempt given to the vegetable dish. Same thing here No wonder so many people back in the day hated vegetables. They really don't stand a chance when that's how they're represented.

Not that bland, but yes. My mom will often cook traditional hearty meals when we visit.
Roast chicken with rhubarb compote and gravy comes to mind, or stuff like schnitzel.
If it's just protein+starch+greens it gets a little boring, but there's a lot of great old school side dishes/condiments out there.

10/10

Would eat all of those. I don't think that's arsey like the Vespertine at all, I think that's just a very interesting and not even very experimental fine-dining taster menu.

White trash is an irrelevant label in the UK as almost everyone is white trash. Instead our society is usually divided up by class.

Upper class: called silly names like Tarquin, includes the Queen, lords and other gentry, say yah instead of yes sometimes, includes various other really posh people who live in big houses

Middle class: comfortable standard of living, went to an independent school or a nicer state school, also includes families who have recently become rich, most rich americans would fit here

Working class: called silly names sometimes like Taylor or Britney, spells names wrong sometimes like Sofi instead of Sophie, are far smaller in number than they used to be, went to normal state school, used to do manual jobs like working in mines

Dole wallers: used to be working class when everyone had to work to get money, even more Britneys and Sofis, will rarely be seen without a tracksuit, goes on Jeremy Kyle, treats school as a big laugh, never intends to work, has many children at a young age, for examples watch Benefit street

>those frozen vegetables and boxed mashed 'tatoes though

>most rich americans would fit here
All of them fit there except those who are either titled or descend from titled folk. Let's not lower the standard now. That's by UK standards.

If you apply the UK standards and translate them to American history then it's all the old established families of the East Coast.

And if you apply the American class system then it's any rich person.

What do the people who eat these classify as then?

Where's the gravy? At least you don't use ketchup.

Lol at you channers
>hurr I only eat old fashioned simple meals no complex flavors or interesting foods like those fucking liberal faggots

No one is saying they ONLY eat that, just that it's a perfectly normal meal that pretty much every one eats.

Yeah, Eleven Madison Park won best restaurant in the world this year. It isn't some bullshit.

>it's a perfectly normal meal that pretty much every one eats.
That really depends. We're talking common meals across much of the country, but depending on who you are and where you live these foods may be far from normal. Everyone in America likes to think they're the definition of normal, but home cooking still varies widely by region and level of affluence. Along with how long your family has been here and where they came from before they got here.

Nah fuck that, flyover user. Meatloaf is delicious, I've loved it ever since I was little. Could do with fresh veggies but otherwise that plate looks good.

t. East coast user

Absolutely. Meals like this are what I cook on a regular basis. A meat, a veggie, and a starch/carb/whatever. I only do something fancy or complicated once a week or so.

yeah duh, who doesn't love a nice big pile of guacamole next to their mashed potatoes and sausage

For tasting menu tweezer stuff that looks great and well thought out. You could have picked some shit overpriced place instead of one of the world's best restaurants. I get it - neither of us will be going to dinner there this year, but that doesn't make it bullshit.

old fashioned? fuck, them i`m like a fucking Cromagnon

not all shit needs sauce, thats like a bad habit, take your meal with water, degenerate.

what the fuck is that fucking piece of overpriced and overrated shit?
food for faggots and posers, thats what it is.
it should have included lipstick and a fucking dildo at the end, what a fucking faggotry shit.

>I hate things I can't afford, so they must be pretentious and gay
the post

>carrot tartare

wtf not? It's a $300 tasting menu, and if you can figure out a way to make a vegetable course interesting and novel in the midst of it why not go for it? Boiled green beans aren't gonna cut it here.

>t. fatty

what the fuck is wrong with vegetables you fattys

and for my next course, some carrots out of a meat grinder

Yup, just made one tonight.

>tfe would eat saussage and mashed potato with guac

Vegetables are good, just not shit like this.

If there was a little white wine in that pan sauce that dish could have been fucking amazing.

It took years for my mother to realize this, but in her defense that was probably the best she could get as a kid.

I am representing WA and the user is correct. We only eat Starbucks coffee for dinner.

That's the problem. If you grow up with shitty/no cooking it ruins your palate for a long time, especially if you don't make a real effort to change it.

There is a little in there, didn't have much left.

OH YEAH, DEFINITELY GONNA HAVE TO LOAD THIS UP WITH SOME OF THAT CHILI GARLIC OIL

>not being a food maximalist
>not wanting the most complex and cominglin flavors to explode at once on your palatte

That'd be $20 at a shitty "upscale" restaurant

>high tea

Not appetizing.

>huh? I eat this my whole childhood and EXTRA childhood
is what I thought I read initially.

No we love this shit brah.

She grew up with cooking, but it was back in the day when vegetables were either canned or frozen, except for that little while when you could get good local stuff in season. She knew good tomatoes, and that you weren't gonna find them in the supermarket. Same was true for sweet corn. But for anything more advanced than a salad she just hedged her bets on bags of frozen veggies.
Some is better than none.

lmao, I guess pic related is 'brown trash', then

Top boys

What's your opinion on Hasslebacks? I've been meaning to try them myself but I forget.

Seems like a lot of effort to make baked larva.

There really wasn't a good image to use. I like to think of them as ant eggs.

These days, it's more about chicken sandwiches, tacos, quesadillas, etc, rather than eating the chicken thusly

>Boiled green beans
Yes, boiled zucchini and carrot mush is much better.

looks perfect

>humble

Is this why the British empire crumbled?

That and all the belgian refugees leaving after WW2

I hate the UK

offcourse

>No sauce or gravy
You aren't being humble, you're being lazy.

>carrot tartare