What book has the most beautiful ending ever written?

What book has the most beautiful ending ever written?

Dubliners
>inb4 not a book

Is there any correct answer besides Ulysses? The ending is absolutely sublime.

Moby-Dick is probably up there.

La Fou Follet by Pierre drieu La Rochelle

not Umineko, that's for sure

I thought about The Dead, too. But ulysses is a bit superior. The Dead is more a novella anyways, so it's a fair assesment.

my diary desu

Stoner, if I can't say The Dead

TBK has quite a lovely ending

There are many, given that beautiful endings are pretty much stock-in-trade. I'll go Rasselas, Prince of Abissinia.

>Timshel

that poem that ends not with a bang but with a whimper

not even the best Eliot ending

Umineko desu

Divine Comedy has best ending of all time.

fuck off

The last few part of Gravity's Rainbow hit me pretty hard.

SZS

oo this is a good pick

mark's gospel

The Grapes of Wrath

I'd say Les Mis

thats a joke, right?

Jokes are meant to be funny. I was being dead serious.

(But really "one knows where one's heart is." -- pain can be exquisite you know ?)

The Running Man

My spelling was a joke however just googled it sheesh. My copy was called "will of the wisp" so plz no bully.

Speaking of Pinchyawn I thought that Inherent Vice was super mediocre but its last few passages were very nice.

My personal favorite's Ulysses.
Honest to God thought that Episode 8 of that was beautiful, shed a tear when that Italian song started playing too. It's certainly not the most beautiful ending though.

Ulysses, 100 Years of Solitude, Siddhartha

my man

Les Miserables

Anna Karenina

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The ending to this book remains one of my all time favorites.

Don't remember reading an ending that struck me as particular beautiful. Old Man and the Sea, I guess. I don't want to be that guy who always says
>The Bible

Fuck yeah

the red and the black. when she died hugging her children, genius.

I can never decide if I hate or love that cover

This

Read it again. Like any Pinecone, it Reveals itself during rereads. Either way, why did you start there instead of one of his masterpieces? Or had you read some before?

[spoilers]So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.[/spoilers]

It just happened to be the first one I picked up. My knowledge of Pynchon at the time was basically that Gravity's Rainbow will fuck your mind so I wanted to read the rest of his books first.
IV was just the first one I found at my local library.

should've gone with col49, family

Probably, but the good thing about starting with Inherent Vice is that it only got better from there.

Grendel

A Tale of Two Cities

The Divine Comedy.

Runaway Horses.

It may seem like a strange choice, but once you understand the novel as a whole, this ending really sticks with you. I know it pissed a lot of casual readers off. I think it's beautiful because it's full of possibility. At the same time, it leaves you with this wishful hope that love will exist for the protagonist despite his flaws. Very realistic as well, which makes it relate-able. Really good feels.

six four had a sweet and sad ending, excluding the last chapter that had a weird friendly ending but the two had no friendly feelings at all.

>till human voices wake us and we drown

there we go

Return of the King desu

TBK

If you don't shed a tear with the ending of TBK you are soulless. Literally perfect.

john fowles is a genius

The Recognitions

Wouldn't say of all time, but my personal favorite is either the ending of Lolita or the ending of Faulkner's Soldiers' Pay

The ending of As I Lay Dying was beautiful as well. Just knowing that everything they went through, the one son almost dying from a broken leg, another taken to jail, was all a selfish act committed by the father.

"AND THEN GOD SOLVES EVERYTHING".
Yeah, nah. Cop out ending that sells out Kostya's character.

Well, I'll say it.

Read the last chapter of Revelation and try not to be moved.

Lolita, when they live happily ever after together

The Stranger, when he gets acquitted for shooting a subhuman.

TCoL 49, when everything is revealed in the final sentence.

Stoner, right after he publishes his second book and magnum opus and gets reunited with Katherine.

Blood Meridian. An outhouse is such an improbable place for the main characters to declare their reciprocal love and propose, don't you think?

Don Quixote, when they ride off into the sunset.

Odyssey, when he gets home safely to his faithful wife and rescues her and their son.

Anna Karenina, when Levin gets bread pilled.

Mein Kampf

Who /Dietrich Eckart/ here?

Why are you guys so butthurt over East of Eden?

Bang the Drum Slowly

Kek

I'm gonna get reamed, but my very favorite ending is also my favorite quote. It's from a Palahniuk book, Choke:
Where we're standing right now, in the ruins in the dark, what we build could be anything.

building is for beta men

That was really great how 10 posts in a row had huge spoilers.
Probably all the same poster, too. Same format.
kys

appreciate the Stoner reppin'

Are you serious? That's one of the most boring and uninspiring quotes I've ever read. It's so trite and completely unoriginal. Have you actually read any real literature? I could pick out a random sentence from Ulysses and it would be 100x better than that.

sorry dude. I like what I like.

A Tale of Two Cities for me

the notebook

Watership Down, baka~

The most beautiful chapter of Revelation (and arguably the entire Bible) is actually ch. 21.

>mfw Rev. 21:4

Lmao, those are not spoilers, senpai. Everybody knows Josef K. gets transformed into a bug and back again at the end of Kafka's The Metamorphosis, but the real question is: why? You'll have to read it to find out. Why does the Trojan horse trick fail so miserably in book 24 of the Iliad? Or why does Orestes abandon Andromeda on the island of oxen's sons? And why was Scylla such a bitch? Those few are just examples from Greek mythology, and not the kind that you can answer just by reading Edith Hamilton's Mythology. You need primary sources. And that, son, is why we start with the Greeks.

>Why does the Trojan horse trick fail so miserably in book 24 of the Iliad?

Moby Dick or Don Quixote.

I know that feel. Makes dying feel a lot more comforting.

Might not be the best but I really liked pic related

>tfw no Sofya Marmeladov

THE
WHEEL
OF
TIME

Book 12: The Gathering Storm.
Chapter 50: "Veins of Gold"

The most epic and heartwarming end of a book I have ever read. I literally sat there bawling my eyes out.

In those last chapters, over the course of one afternoon, I was utterly shattered and rebuilt.

I wish I could read it for the first time again.

Just wanted to add that this is also my most favourite part of all the WoT books.

My Struggle Volume 4.

if you've read it, you know what i'm talking about

>not realizing that sofya was servicing the other men in the prison to help keep herself and raskolnikov alive

you're a fucking pleb.

Matthew's gospel.

>not realizing the fondness of the prisioners and their wives towards Sonia is part of the Holy Ghost work.

Also, is this some kind of "he raped Phoebe" thing?