Feta

What's Veeky Forums do with feta? It mostly do gyros, salads, or on pizza and am looking to change it up.
Especially if anyone has any dip recipies, or anything hot.

Other urls found in this thread:

socraticfood.com/shrimps-in-tomato-sauce-and-feta-garides-saganaki/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*I mostly do

Delicious in an omelette. With red onion.

Dude I've never thought about that but cheese eggs are my fuggin' favorite. I'll give this a go.

Feta, yum.

I mostly use it in a greek salad.
But you should try mixing it with garlic and greek yoghurt for a VERY delicious dip. Grate the feta so you get a smooth consistency. So good with warm bread...

I also once made some feta pockets. I grated the feta, mixed it with pine nuts, lemon and spinach and put it in puff pastry. That was really delicious.

I also eat it plain with bread.

when I was young I would see pops eating regular canned black olives that he would stuff cream cheese in. they're pretty good. you might wanna try putting a chunk of feta in then jam some cream cheese in it. or just stuff it in with out the cream cheese?
or crumble it up fine and add to ranch dressing for what ever you might use ranch for
or mix it with cream cheese and some of the powdered seasoning ranch packet and spread it on a tortilla to make a wrap or pinwheel?
good luck OP

Last year, I found a recipe where you take a block of feta, and put it in a small baking dish or oven proof skillet, which as been greased up with olive oil or butter. Then, you make a honey glaze using honey, lemon juice, black pepper, and fresh thyme or rosemary and paint the top of the feta with it, reserving the remaining glaze. Then, you bake it in a hot oven (I want to say around 400F) for 30-40 minutes, occasionally basting with more of the honey glaze. It should be golden brown on top when it's done. Then eat it with pita or crackers or bread, and fruit. It was fucking delicious, I don't know why I haven't made it again since, I need to.

Serve any vegetable stew with it

Make Dakos

Crumble then dash it in with a dash of milk to your scrambled egg mix and add it to a skillet of already sizzling grated tomatoes, olive oil and oregano to make a Strapatsada

Use it to make Spanakopita (spinach and leek pie)

Crumble it into Spanakorizo and Lachanorizo (Greek veggie risotti)

Cook with tomato sauce and seafood to make Seafood Saganaki

Crumble it and mix it with jogurt salt and pepper to spread over broiled pork chops when they're just about done and then return them to the broiler and finish them at max heat for a couple of minutes.

Or just eat it with bread and olive oil/oregano and a few olives

Some maniacs eat it with watermelon

*then whisk it

Crumble it over shakshuka

I'm doing this tomorrow night, except I'm making shakshuka style prawns, not eggs.

That's called Garides Saganaki in Greece and it's pretty amazing.

This recipe looks legit because it includes Ouzo, I reccomend you try it.

socraticfood.com/shrimps-in-tomato-sauce-and-feta-garides-saganaki/

had some today with my dinner

Just eat it.

Lately I've been stuffing pepperoncini with it, it's amazing.

Mix into English-style scrambled eggs and spread on toast.

Might stuff some chicken breast heavily with feta, w/some basil and bread it then have asparagus on the side.

People don't think fetta be like it is but it mostly do.

Make bruchetta

Buy it with my bi-weekly wine bottle delivery and eat it by itself while drinking

I went to visit my mother one Christmas and she had made a watermelon fetta and prawn salad.

I don't know why

3 eggs
300g of feta
salt
pepper
crush them together in a bowl and spread them on buttered bread. Into the oven 200 c. for about 10 min. or until golden .
Eat for breakfast/lunch/dinner with Airan (pic related)

I put it on tacos and tostadas.

Get some thick nice wheat crackers, a dark red fruit spread (plum or blackberry, your pick), and feta
Layer
Enjoy

Also really great in scrambled eggs, along with spinach and/or mushrooms.

It's really good diced in zucchini fritters

I mostly put it in the garbage

Crumble into pasta with roasted butternut squash

>stuff cheese with more cheese

The absolute madman

Feta in Greece is regularly consumed with a class of dishes known as "ladera", literally "oily dishes" where the olive oil plays a big role. These include gigantes plaki, briam, fasolakia and others. Find a "ladero" recipe and have it with a generous helping of feta and some good bread for dipping (the "papara"). You won't be disappointed.

Anything. Burritos, salads, even yakisoba

all u need is fresh bread and nice tomato
t. greek

>Spanakopita
mah nigga

It's great mixed into burger patties, among other thingz

I use it in tacos as a substitute for cotija. Stronger flavor

Meatballs/meatloaf stuffed with feta is pretty great.

You know what's up

None of that lame puff pastry either, crusty rustic thick filo is where it's at.

between a kebap

This meme has to stop. Only in the states and canada is feta put in kebabs.

Beyaz peynir is used in a lot of Turkish dishes, so what's the meme?

When I went to Germany most of the kebab places offered cheese

Using it in a kebab. Kebabs usually have tzatzik or spicy red sauce or yogurt or any combination of the above.

Feta is not commonly offered with kebabs in Germany.

>tfw remembering yiayia's shrimp saganaki and spanakopita

I don't know what the schafskaese is called in Turkish, but it reminded me of feta

Just put it in an omelette with kimchi this morning. Was pretty nice.

Sour/spicy from the kimchi
Sour/salty from the feta
Fatty/savory from the egg

And soutzoukakia and gemista and pastitsio and mousaka

This makes sense because queso fresco is pretty similar.

that cheese sold in those Döner shops is not even made from sheep milk

I like to roll it in a pita bread with watermelon.

Or sometimes I'll roll it in pita bread and take a bite out of it then while it's still in my mouth I drink a big sip of hot tea.

10/10 post got all the stuff i was gonna post and more.

i love it with eggs and hot sauce

i'd like to cook in a nice greek place after i move to a city next year.

Thank you, I'll post more if they come to mind. I'd be careful about working in a Greek restaurant especially if you're in the States. I've heard dreadful stories from my compatriots especially when the owners are 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. Try somewhere owned by young Greeks and potentially with a fine-dining twist because Greek diners can be a nightmare to work in apparently.

Heh, more like fetid cheese amirite?