Job

I'm reading this tonight. What am I in for?

[KJV]

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ysKhbaLyIFw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=ysKhbaLyIFw

A shitshow, a blind, arrogant demiurge who's immoral and indefensible actions sparked a subconscious revolution in Jewish thought resulting in Jesus H. Christ himself

t. Carl Jung

no employment information

Source material for the Joel & Ethan Coen movie A SERIOUS MAN.

But really this.

God shutting down a solid conversation with an /r9k/ spin, and a little feelgood fan fiction tacked in at the end.

Unemployment.

Put bluntly, "Y'all righteous think you not getting what you deserve but really y'all faggots gotta be fucking patient and stop questioning God ffs".

Ok guys I finished it....

oh this thread is useless shit

thanks lit

>tfw Veeky Forums is trash now

Book-kino

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the Earth?... When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"

Defend God. Do it. If you unironically think God acted justly in Job you're a cuck my man

This. Best book of the Bible.

Insights into the oppressive nature of wage-slavery in a "job" vis-a-vis the Sisyphean existence of Job in the Bible.

is it pleb to read NKJV?
I want to read KJV, but I also want to be able to understand what I'm reading.
Will probably be reading KJV along with it, but realistically I won't do it for the whole thing.

>If you unironically think God acted justly in Job you're a cuck my man
Why do you even post here?

We are in hard times

shit like this is why lit is the worst fucking board. You cucks take yourselves way too seriously, like holy shit relax

A shitty ending

>God: Job my man, u just too small to understand:))
>Job: thanks daddy, x x

I come here for debate, discussion and recommendations. Sad that you're trying to extract meaning out of the scribblings of a schizophrenic rabbi

They're essentially the same aren't they? With minor updates to words like "Unicorns" that should have seemed goofy at the time.

I think it's the most beautiful book of bible

Prologue & Epilogue were definitely added in later by another author, and are Job's weakest parts.
God's whirlwind speech is glorious though.

Gnosticism is the new meme kid. You want to be cool don't you? Everyone's doing it.

>he thinks he is in a position to judge the morality of the actions of GOD

>you can't judge the actions of fictional characters

I like Job, I'm not going to sit here and pretend I'm some biblibal scholar but it's fine literature. example:
(Job:3) After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day.

2 And Job spake, and said,

3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.

4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it.

5 Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.

6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.

7 Lo, let that night be solitary, let no joyful voice come therein.

nice painting

NRSV is king for theological or historical debate
KJ for English language prose

Job 28:20-28

You'll discover what wisdom truly is

Christians are basically cowards hiding under daddy's robe.

Nigga The Book of Job was not a true story. It was a myth adopted from Mesopotamia at the time. It helps to know what you're talking about.

You forgot your pic

>fictional characters cannot be subject to moral assessment