People who aren't straight are just confused and repressing memories of early childhood sexual abuse

>people who aren't straight are just confused and repressing memories of early childhood sexual abuse

WOAH WOAH WOAH what the FUCK did lacan mean by this?

That's not a Lacan quote

Fink said it, lacan taught it

When did he say that?

Fink explains what he means. Why are you making this thread? Presumably you have the book, yeah?

Spinoaza Kojeves lectures in Cape Town, South Africa in the year 1352

Lacan is a hack desu

I don't know how you could think this isn't true. Literally why else would homos exist

the meant the obvious

Im gay and im pretty sure i wasnt sexually abused

Well, you're wrong

Youre an idiot

>i wasnt sexually abused
but you should have been

Edgy, explains why so many Catholics are repressed faggots

To be clear its not that Lacan thinks gays were necessarily sexually abused, more they had their early associative relationship to their mother, father and self developed in a different (wrong) way.
And that you will never experience true love the way heterosexuals can.

Maybe desu, my older brother and I had gay sex in elementary school. I remember it and am straight but he repressed it and is now a bisexual.

That's not Lacan.

That's not Lacan either, holy shit. There is nothing wrong with it in Lacan at all. And neither that they had this or that relationship with their mother and father.

The psychanalytical view on sexuality is neither moralist or normative. Our sexuality in the beggining is indifferent (that's what is meant to say we are born bisexual), then we all go through a very complex process in which things find their place, so to speak, and we invest our libido in some things rather than others. That is, in accord to various forces, from society, from a given home and so on. Your sexuality emerges along with your sense of self, to speak it in a crude way, that's why it seems to always have been there with you. It does not only go along with it, it's what forms it, it's the same proccess.

That's also why there can be straight people who are okay with some people being gay, while some people who are straight can't stand the sight of them. There is some investment of energy coming from the homophobes because they can't handle very well their desire on that particular thing(someone from the same sex). They feel threatened by the possibility, whereas other people don't feel the same threat.

Also, we are all confused and repressing memories, not necessarily of childhood abuse, but the point is that we are all formed by those things, but we also change and keep on changing. Psychanalysis can be thought as a method of listening in which you move words around, hear the unfolding of your own logic, hear where your desire is and so on.

So what you're saying is Homosexuality is curable, we only need to break down a persons misdeveloped sense of self down deep enough

every faggot is by definition repressed

Every person by definition is repressed

but the healthy ones are less

No, because there is no cure if there is no suffering to the person. A person who suffers from being gay is not going to not-be gay later, instead that person will have to come to terms with whatever is making it into a problem, in the relationships, not give in who one is.

The important thing to bear in mind is that psychoanalysis exists to help those who complain, those who seek help, those who want to talk. It's never about how to get into people and change that person from this to a better this, it's not saying how people should be. The method takes the measuring tape from the person's own words and expose them for being your own measuring tape, so you have a chance to reconsider some things, forget some things, or assume some things.

Straight = healthy

Haha, nice speculation

>true love the way heterosexuals can.
>women knowing true love
Ahahahaha