Have a B in calculus

>Have a B in calculus
Wtf, can I still make it Veeky Forums?

Attached: image_1.jpg (460x335, 31K)

Not in maths but I had c's and d's in my first year and was put on academic probation.
I'm almost done my undergrad, my gpa is nearing 3.8, I work for the guy that wrote the textbook and am training for another paid position. You just gotta learn to study properly, focus on what you love, get exercise and take a few supplements

Depends on why you have a B. I got a B in Calculus because it was an online class and I completely forgot to go in and take the on campus final exam, despite acing every test that I took up until that point.

>complaining about 80%+ score

Americans and their baby-tier exams, graded attendance and graded homework

You think Terrence Tao ever got a B? You're done for m8.

So a B isn't the end of the world?

It isn't. GPA isn't everything.

If you got a B and it was due to turning some stuff in late or whatever, I see no problem. If you got it from missing a few concepts, just review them. Not the end of the world.

How do you get below an A in baby Calculus? If it was due to a rigorous schedule and turning shit in late then you’re good. If you tried your ass off and still only pulled a B either you suck ass at studying or you just can’t into basic Calc.
Not the end of the world, but this isn’t even difficult math — some Professors are even dismissive about it being a college course since it’s too easy.

britbong here. only got ~85% in all my modules so far (2nd year). How fucked am i?

What if I got a B because my professors all had heavy accents and I couldn't understand what they were saying?

Maybe it wasn't baby calculus. There's a lot of schools were "Calculus" is actually real analysis — topology and all. In my school we even used Abbott and baby Rudin. The actual analysis class was only a generalisation to metric and topological spaces.

Then it's your fault for not switching class.

How can I tell if it's Analysis?

Check the syllabus. It should cover the first 5 chapters of Abbott and baby Rudin.

>mfw
O-okay, turns out I've been taking Analysis all along, wonder what topics the class called Analysis will actually cover then.

Thanks for the fast reply, user.

I had a B in calc too because I was lazy with the homework
If you're the same OP I wouldn't worry too much but if you keep trying to pull that shit you'll be destroyed

Do you mean OP cannot still make it in maths or that you yourself are not in maths?

On an unrelated note, can someone explain the disparity between test scores and mastery. I have seen people ace calc 2 exams even though they have the slightest grasp of the content.

He means he got Cs and Ds but not in math class.

It's okay, a lot of people do. In fact, smart people often do really bad their freshmen year because they never learned how to study in high school because it was so easy

I got a C in Calc 3 my first semester of freshmen year because I just didn't know how to study because everything was so easy in high school up to AP BC Calc

Then I got in shape and learned to study and got As

>Wtf, can I still make it Veeky Forums?

Anyone with a first world education should be able to take on calculus without issue. Your grade is a red flag about how much preparation you're putting towards your education. You shouldn't be getting a B in calculus if you're in a STEM degree. Study more or your degree is going to eat you alive and you'll burn bridges made of stone.

You should have an A in calc 1,2 and 3, ODE and LA. No fucking excuse. Its fucking puzzle solving.

>tfw can’t understand how to graph an xy array in intro to programming class

I understand how it works but goddammit how is the syntax set up

Why am I supposed to float variable individually if the loop is supposed to do it for me

Fuck

Also intro proofs

>intro proofs
name 1 (one) university where that's a class

The actual real analysis class would probably cover the topics in papa Rudin and Royden's analysis. If it's just called "Analysis" it'll most likely be just the same theorems you already know but for metric spaces.