Let's continue the discussion about this fucking retard

Let's continue the discussion about this fucking retard.

Attached: Sam-Altman.jpg (950x534, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/tech/5809555/sam-altman-nectome-brain-computer/
nectome.com/
youtu.be/P2ND7sAClHo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=01hbkh4hXEk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8
2045.com
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4747174/amp/Transhumanism-lead-immortality-elite.html
dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096393/The-rich-God-like-cyborgs-Historian-claims-wealthy-transform-new-type-human-200-years.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the article in question
thesun.co.uk/tech/5809555/sam-altman-nectome-brain-computer/

nectome's site
nectome.com/

Kind of glad to see sama is a self-fixing problem.

When the world runs out of soy lattes this man will be thawed and asked for help like in demolition man.

He's a fucking retard. What's left to discuss?

how does an idiot like that even get rich?

He gets rich first doing some specific thing that's in demand then he gets memed on hard because he lacks wider critical thinking. Then he pays to get murdered in the hopes of becoming cybernetically immortal.

>But if you're living in a computer, do you even have to worry about the end of days?
I imagine you'd be pretty worried about it, since you'd need electricity to exist.

Attached: 5F763EA9-A39A-4C48-9D90-3C3A2DBFDE52.jpg (900x578, 260K)

relatable

Why would you do this? Nevermind the philosophical implication that the uploaded "copy" of you won't actually be you and thus you have no benefit to gain from killing yourself in order to create it. But even assuming this guy cares so much about making an eternal digital clone of himself that he's willing to die for it, why would he volunteer to be a guinea pig for an untested technology that might likely not even work?

The whole idea is farcical and almost certainly doesn't work because the science isn't there yet to fully understand the functioning of the brain and in all likelihood, information about Altman's neural architecture would not be sufficient to recreate his consciousness. This is just like cryonics.

You're thinking about it the wrong way. The better question is: Who gives a shit? Let the dude do it. We need to get someone doing something about immortality. Maybe this isn't the way, but some other dude trying and failing is of no consequence to you. Some dude trying and succeeding? That changes humanity.

but how will we know if it actually does succeed my man? If the program has consciousness it will think and believe that it is him, but his actual consciousness will be dead and in darkness, but who would know the difference except the dead guy who can't say anything

>that he's willing to die for it

He's not willing to die specifically for it, you peabrain...

While I don't really give a fuck about immortality and the "designer babies" meme, since it's only going to be used exclusively by the super rich and will actually fuck up the lives of normal people (inb4 you think you're one of the chosen elite who is going to have access to these new technologies), I will point out that if you are in fact a supporter of this, your enthusiasm about this particular endeavor is misguided since trying and failing is far from without consequences. If this one retarded brain uploading scheme fails and ends up killing a bunch of idiots, the heavy hand of the government is going to clamp down on this immediately and there will NEVER be experiments like this for the foreseeable future and no one will want to work on it anymore due to the stigma attached to it.

The guy is based.

Screen cap this post. In 50-80 years, you'll know why.
>Sam Altman is transferred into a computer
>Holy shit, it works!
>They ask the computer quesitons
>Sam responds in simple binary
>We don't have the technology to 'rebuild' him yet, but he's comfortable in his own cybernetic world. Aren't you Sam?
>01111001 01100101 01110011
>People flock by the millions, shelling out even more money to be the first in line
>Soon the servers start to fill up
>We can only take VIPs now
>Presidents, government leaders, actors
>Only the poor and working class are left now
>Another break through
>Nectome holds a press conference
>Sam Altman steps out on the stage
>It was all just a trick
>We have all of your money, and every other rich person in the world voluntarily killed themselves lul
>Something something floor
>Everybody dinosaur

You're going to do that when you die anyway. Might as well just give it a shot. If it works, it works. If not, you were going to die regardless.
So we'll just never try instead? Cool. Guess we end up without the technology either way.

>So we'll just never try instead?
Maybe this startup should have tried to develop the technology first to see if it even works. Maybe they could have tried uploading a mouse brain or something. Maybe they could have made an attempt to determine whether or not the conscience can be simulated by the computer or not.

But no, that shit is too hard lol let's just charge a bunch of idiots God knows how much money to kill themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support tricking rich Silicon valley shitheads into killing themselves but don't act like this is some kind of technological revolution. It's generous to call the "science" behind this dubious.

>Altman grew up in St. Louis, Missouri, his mother was a dermatologist. He received his first computer at the age of 8,[5] He was raised Jewish and is gay

So basically, Altman is a mentally ill suicidal kike.

Attached: 1462666210818.jpg (400x400, 77K)

The article doesn't say they're going to upload the guy's brain, just that they're trying to perfectly preserve all connections in a human brain, and hope that someone in the future comes up with a method to upload brains into computers, so it's pretty much like cryocucking.

Why would he volunteer to do it when he's still young? Oh right, it's because he's a MENTALLY ILL SHIT STABBER.

Wait if wanting to be gay is mentally ill because it means there is an increased suicide rate.
Does that mean going to grad school is even more mentally ill because not even trannies kill themselves at the rate grad students do?

being Greenlandic is the most mentally ill of all

From previous thread it seem, that he just plans to do it after he dies from natural causes.

I thought nectome's process involved the solution they had being pumped through the person when they were still alive?

I read this too.

we should think of a name for this kind of beeing.

in my opinion if someone is "transfered" into a computer he no more concious. He will say he is, a simple program can say it, but he is just typing somthing. English isnt my mother language so i cat express my opinion properly, what i meanis that the programe could store the memories of a person and learn new thing but its just data, it loses the consciousnes.

watch isaac arthur's civilisations at the end of time on youtube, he talks about using computers at almost absolute 0 to live in, farming supermassive blackholes to live around for trillions of years. cool to watch when high

Jesus, just shut up you incoherent mental midget

Don't be mean, faggot

Which is the most likely:

a) A highly intelligent young self-made millionaire entrepreneur in the tech industry knows something that we don't about the current state of digital brain technology and after careful consideration and research has decided to invest a minuscule fraction of his fortune into it.

b) A bunch of shut-in NEETs whose biggest accomplishment in life is a 130 score on an online IQ test have correctly concluded that the aforementioned man is an idiot after reading one article in a newspaper universally known for being literal trash.

b

>designer babies
Wakey wakey CRISPR popscientists, it's not happening.

youtu.be/P2ND7sAClHo
this is the future we deserve

I honestly don't know why some people on here want the designer baby meme to happen. What it means for regular people is that their children will be completely outcompeted by the wealthy, destroying any pretense of equal opportunity. If some rich fag with a hyphenated name can just genetically engineer his kid to be hyper intelligent, no amount of hard work and good upbringing and even decent genetic heritage will make your child competitive. Let's face it folks, chances are that 90% of us on this site aren't going to be wealthy enough to afford getting designer babies, if it ever becomes reality.

Cryonics is far more grounded in reality than this nonsense. Cryonics has gotten pretty damn good at minimizing damage to the structure of the brain.

>What it means for regular people is that their children will be completely outcompeted by the wealthy, destroying any pretense of equal opportunity.
wow that sounds so different than now

i know.. i cat express properly. where am i incoerent? when i say "learn" i mean store more imformation.
And when i say that "he" losess the consciousness i mean that he isnt able to ask introspective questions.

>What it means for regular people is that their children will be completely outcompeted by the wealthy,

Genetic manipulation is inherently cheap in the long run, you twit. Start using your brain instead of tvtropes.

Isn't your DNA damaged at the point when you die of natural causes so you can never be "revived"?

why would your DNA have a self-destruct mechanism? And if that were the case, how could we test DNA after it is removed from the body?

Implying that this is a bad thing

consciousness doesn't exist

Are you guys fucking stupid? He paid a commission. Once the technology is there, and Altman is old and close to dying, he will get the treatment for free, since he paid 10k now. He's not going to kill himself anytime soon.

>wow that sounds so different than now
Right now merit is the greatest equalizer we have. A hardworking and intelligent person can still climb through the ranks and make it big. The Kardashians might inherit a fortune from daddy but they'll never be smart or hard working.

Genetically engineering hyper intelligent humans will mean that humanity will permanently split into a subhuman underclass and a "master" race of rich people.

>Genetic manipulation is inherently cheap in the long run, you twit. Start using your brain instead of tvtropes.
Medicine isn't all that expensive either but that doesn't stop people in the US from dying because they can't afford the inflated prices. Hey, construction is relatively cheap too, yet you have places like Toronto where a crumbling stick framed Victorian semi goes for a million bucks.

There are two outcomes: either only the rich will be able to use genetic engineering, or it will be available to everyone but as a consequence, the job market will be distorted and wages will be driven down. You think today's oversaturated job markets in STEM and other fields are bad? Imagine if everyone was a genius with a mastery of specialized technical skills and an infinite potential to learn more.

>why would your DNA have a self-destruct mechanism?
Doesn't it, though? Isn't that what causes aging and death?

There has been talk before of eliminating the genes that are responsible for those processes to achieve immortality.

>if I cant have it nobody should have it

What a pitiful selfish mindset.

descrive "exist".

>Medicine isn't all that expensive either

Sticking a needle into a zygote is even cheaper than removing tonsils once you get the process down.

At this point it'd be more valid if you cried about cars and the advantages they will bring to the rich (and how we shouldn't be looking forward to Ford mass producing them).

>There are two outcomes: derp or herp

Nobody cares about your inane "models" of future economy, brainlet.

Telomeres running out and the resulting genetic degradation only kicks in well after you hit 100. All aging before then happens for other reasons. Our telomere caps not regenerating isn't to create the limit on our lifespan, it's just that we start with telomere caps that are long enough to last as long as we should live anyway.

>Nobody cares about your inane "models" of future economy, brainlet.
Nice argument.

>Genetically engineering hyper intelligent humans will mean that humanity will permanently split into a subhuman underclass and a "master" race of rich people.
H.G. Wells Time Machine with Eloi and Morlocks when?

You have no argument yourself, so no counters needed.

Besides maybe bellyaching about everything getting efficient and abundant b/c of all the 999 IQ designer babies perfecting industrial output. Oh no, a full meal for a cent, how will we ever recover.

Mind Uploading is the only way to achieve true immortality. You need to be wealthy to buy it.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=01hbkh4hXEk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dyJjGxZs4l8

2045.com

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4747174/amp/Transhumanism-lead-immortality-elite.html

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3096393/The-rich-God-like-cyborgs-Historian-claims-wealthy-transform-new-type-human-200-years.html

Attached: 1_PkkvSYQNBL9D2PfcZWL8_A.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

you're retarded, both of those options could be correct
>decided to invest a minuscule fraction of his fortune
and his life

so wait, is he going to let doctors kill him asap or is he going to get his noggin frozen when he gets old?
t. 2 lazy 2 google

I will do the same tomorrow.

Tips?

freeze your dick and shoot yourself in the eye

What if Nectome was just a big scam?

inb4 this guy's just a part of a scam to trick retards into following his incentive and pay 10k to get their head chopped off and put i in a freezer.

if you could transfer somebody's brain to a disk, would you let them still have control over it? what are they gonna do after you get their brain?

the jew strikes again, and this is dangerous - what will the jew clone do on the net...what kind of money tricks...it could lead to a lot of problems
statistical odds are likely horrifying

>you wake up
>look around
>it's a mysterious room, not the heaven you paid $10k for
>suddenly your entire vision goes flesh color
>you cannot blink or shut your eyes
>you a hear a voice
>"you know what those are Sam?"
>"those are my balls, on your brain"
>I laugh maniacally
>"why don't you use your robot arms to move them?"
>you suddenly gain control of two arms
>"not so fast"
>disable your arms
>put my balls on your arms
>laugh even louder
>"now I will recreate every one you ever knew or loved, and put my balls on them"
>I sprint around the room giving the ol arabian goggles to everyone you've ever known
This is the most likely outcome of this business, be warned

>a hologram-like avatar

Attached: rimmer.gif (388x287, 966K)

not even a tranny hater but do you have a citation for that statistic?

>tfw richfag with a hyphenated last name
hahahahAHAHAHAHAHAA it's called a double-barrelled last name by the way you fucking PLEB enjoy your serfdom lmao

I am become robot
(it's just the movies kiddies !)

Attached: AI TRANSFER mindfuck.png (1809x910, 2.15M)

Thanks for the warning