Why has nobody made a film or a (decent) game adaptation yet?

Why has nobody made a film or a (decent) game adaptation yet?

Because it's be impossible to do with any decency without a budget several times that of the LotR movies and the source material just isn't very good to begin with.

But thankfully that's not enough to deter Sony so we can look forward to a half-assed tv series anyway.

>those proportions

> BOOKS

Because it's a fantasy pastiche piece of garbage with a plot as interesting as your run of the mill 90s JRPG and a shitload of stolen material that's barely reinterpreted or appropiated.

Sony is moving on production of a TV show as we speak.

Also it's unfilmable.

Read and find out.

It's lousy Mormon wank fantasy with a cast of characters who are all unsympathetic emotionless weirdos. It's also clear the writer had no idea where he was going with the overall story before he croaked.

He did but Sanderson did a terrible job

Sanderson ruins everything he touches. I really didn't like this series before that point though and regret the time I spent on it.

I should dislike it but WoT has some sort of quality to it that make me like it

You mean the shitty self insert that he focused on?

He was good at creating a sense of scale and had some good worldbuilding. And he had a good knack for making it sound like important things and battles were happening all over without making that fact dull or more interesting than what he was actually focusing on narratively.

Ultimately that stuff is kind of still minor details when the characters are all robots and lack agency and the "plot" has the urgency of an iceberg and the stakes are nebulous and unclear and he frequently paused entire books to circlejerk over the aes sedai and whatever dumb boarding school angry nun schoolteacher motherfucker shit they're up to that day.

Really? While he put in some color, from conceptual perspective his worldbuilding is really generic and simplistic. It's just the typical there are several cultures and they are all lel-so-quirky in a distinctive sort of way. He did OK in the quirky department but none of it makes any sense from political, sociological, economical, mythological etc. point of view. It's just random at least moderately cool-sounding stuff thrown together.

The only thing that makes this whole thing worthwhile for me in any way is Jordan's obsession with the female psychology. Honestly I find it rather fascinating form a scholarly perspective so I can't say my time was completely wasted.

Because it's shit

t.someone who has never read a sanderson book in his life

Rand's madness was good

*tugs braids*
*smooths skirts*

there are some really great moments
I was super pumped when rand was building up the Asha'man, especially that first scene where they go full monster mode and end up turning a whole battlefield into a meatgrinder

Caused by thinking too much about women.

>It's also clear the writer had no idea where he was going with the overall story before he croaked.

This is just wrong. WoT takes forever to get anywhere, but when it does it feels like it was planned from the beginning. Especially with Rand.

The biggest exception being Perrin who does nothing for 9 books and could have honestly been cut entirely without changing the story at all.

I really liked the prologue.