begins with childhood and youth as a hustler in Boston

> begins with childhood and youth as a hustler in Boston
> dealing drugs, smoking weed, Billie Holliday, jazz, eventually gets arrested for burglary
> becomes well-read in prison, is introduced to the Nation of Islam by his relatives
> "according to the honourable Elijah Muhammad..."
> cue tin-foil hat conspiracy about how white people were manufactured for evil by a mad scientist who made black people breed with lighter toned people and it was also how chinese people were created
> white people went to live in caves for a couple thousand years and Elijah Muhammad was there too btw
> btw Moses was there and you can't say he wasn't there because nobody really knows if Moses was there because his books are gone therefore he was there
> muslims in Mecca have done a bad job of not being muslim enough

Holy shit. Anyone else read his book?

It's a pretty good book, OP. Keep in mind, he does say "according to" rather than he literally believes in it. Stories, especially religious stories, don't necessarily need to be believed word for word, but they're meant to convey and epitomize why the religion believes in it.

The stuff about every white man being a white devil kind of gets my goat (I know Veeky Forums isn't a good example but I do know white people who have hearts of gold) but that's kind of a staple for members of the nation of Islam (plus, he wrote it and followed the beliefs at a time when black people didn't have equal rights either - I'd probably call someone out nowadays if they called me a white devil but back then there was enough reason).

>I'd probably call someone out nowadays if they called me a white devil but back then there was enough reason
What a despicable boomer cuck attitude. You should be ashamed of yourself.

There's a reason this guy was promoted as America's black militant puppet over Farrakhan, but it has more to do with what he *didn't* talk about, and it's nothing you're going to read about in a book you probably only bought to virtue signal with.

>be white in civil rights era
>vote to help blacks get equal rights
>get called white devil by blacks

Does it mention how he was incapable of sexually satisfying his wife? I feel like that's VERY important to any discussion on Malcolm X since he emphasized his image rather than his ideas

who is this mega cunt

For someone who knows Malcolm's thought well...

Why did he criticize MLK jr's integrationist attitude (MLK wants blacks to act hwhite, according to Malcolm) but Malcolm himself dressed like a European and then adopted a religion that is arab supremacist (debatable, I guess) but at the very least impliclty promotes arabic as the best language. Even if Bilal was black and Islam accepts all races, is he not conforming to a culture which is not his own? Africans aren't Ishmaelite.

So why the double-standard? Just fashionable contrarianism?

> try to empathise the black struggle and to understand Malcolm's significance to the civil rights movement as never really studied it in school
> people think i'm a poser and that because i'm white that i genuinely can't understand and i never should try

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Same with me and Garvey. If I won the lottery I'd bring the Black Star Line back.

>muh Yakub
Malcom was pathetic just like the rest of his kind

Bullshit you never studied it in school. They study that shit in school in China. Stop being a cuck for 90 IQ Africans jews brought to your country on their merchant fleets and are now using to morally blackmail emotionally weak individuals like yourself by telling you it's your people's collective fault even though you almost by guarantee aren't related to anyone who ever had anything to do with slavery. Stop being a pawn.

whatever your opinion of him may be, the book is still well written and interesting. Not to mention he had gotten over his batshit insane ideas and expressed regret in the book for some of the things he said, and talks about how shit Elijah Muhammad is

My ancestors owned slaves. Now we are wage slaves. I don't feel guilty just cheated by the blowful Confederate Government and Lee's outright treason. Also I don't think blacks are inferior. Most people in general are inferior to yours truly.

sound like u r cuck

Wtf is going on in this post. Were your ancestors jews? Is that why you posted that pic? And why don't you think blacks are inferior when they by all measures objectively are? If you're a white zio cuck cucking further for blacks, I think you should pay more attention to what I've been saying, about how you're being emotionally manipulated and guilt tripped by jews who were the main party responsible for bringing slaves to the colonies in the first place.

Ever heard of the Lehman Brothers and Monsanto family? That's who you should be reading about, not their descendants' negro puppet propped up to make you feel bad about something their tribe was disproportionately engaged in.

>a religion that is arab supremacist
I'm not an expert on Islam, but I'm fairly certain it's the only religion that explicitly railed against racism.

Wonder if BLM, once it gets large enough, will embrace islam.

Huh? You mean because they want to eradicate it by conquering the whole world like their jewish cousins?

Please think before you speak. Any white person transferred to nearly anywhere in the middle east wouldn't last an hour. Don't apply fake virtues like anti-racism to 80 IQ savages.

Even during the Mulsim golden age, humanitarian ideas existed only insofar as those outside the Islamosphere were not considered human.
Saying that Muslims, historically, were tolerant is flat retarded. By that logic, the Nazis wanted World Peace.

>By that logic, the Nazis wanted World Peace.
In the future, I wouldn't be so quick to state they didn't. It was Judea who declared war on Germany, remember? WW2 was a war between jewish-led globalism and nationalism, and Germany was one of the few refusing to go along. England had long been a jewish vassal state and America was just beginning to come under their grasp, so Germany was pushed into a corner. Needless to say, we know who won and it was not the right side. It was globalism/jewry, who is now enacting a plan to destroy all of the aforementioned nations after the 1960s cultural revolution that brainwashed the boomers and was our societies weak, sick, and decadent to the point where we would allow and even in many cases support our own invasions.

Unrelated but do you all think non-violence would have really worked? I mean, Fred Hampton did literally everything right and still got his brains blown the fuck out, would non-violence and civility have worked in the Civil Rights Movement without the stress of a race war looming?

Sure but arabs are basically jew-tier chosen people and you need to learn their language if you want to understand god.

I fail to see how that is less integrationist than anything MLK jr proposed. Malcolm X a shit.