Precognitive dreams

Anybody here have any theories on precognitive dreams that aren't entirely hippy dippy "spirit world" bullshit? I've been having them since I was really young and they've always fucked me up

Attached: 0765f378db77.jpg (600x1207, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

deja vu

I think we don't know enough about how time works for a definitive answer. I know the feeling, I've had the same experiences my whole life. Ever known somebody was going to call you three seconds before they do? or what your friend was going to say before they did?

Nah I can like vividly remember actually having the dream and then waking up, and then I see exactly what's happened in the dream, and I do get a feeling of deja vu but it's more of a feeling of knowing, y'know

Sometimes that happens but its mostly small stuff, I did have one where somebody tried to spend 900 euro off my credit card because they somehow got it, so I saw that coming, which was weird because the dreams are mostly about unimportant stuff

Confirmation bias? A few of the millions of dreams you've had are bound to 'come true'. But I don't know, honestly. I've heard some stories that are really hard to explain.

With about 7 billion people on Earth I think one of them making predictions that sometimes comes true or having a dream which later happens in real life is not anything special. It's just probability.

you dream 4-5 different dreams a night.
365*5=1825 different dreams a year
it's not rocket science to predict that some of them became true.

The mind is a partially metaphysical device. The Greeks have long suspected consciousness to require something metaphysical to appear. If so, it's no surprise that extra outside information can appear in other aspect of the mind's function.

You have to wait till you die and meet your maker before you get more details.

>you dream 4-5 different dreams a night.
Source? I've always thought it was way more.

i googled it
you dream 4-6 dreams a night depending on how many REM phases you have

same for me, the only thing big that I knew was going to happen was in 5th grade my dog Daisy died really suddenly from kidney problems but I knew it was going to happen, my parents didn't believe me till it happened, like a week before my 11th birthday.

OP here, I just wanted to say that on some nights I don't dream at all, like I know the whole deal with subconsciousness, I've looked into it, but I don't experience that. Most nights I go into a state of lucidity where I can wake myself up at will, I also don't have nightmares but when I'm in this lucid state I see lots of grotesque imagery, not enough to scare me but I imagine that it would scare a lot of people. And on top of that, when I do dream, it's usually very vivid and I remember it for a long time, but it's also usually related to something that I had been doing a lot (eg playing a certain vidya, talking to a certain person for about a week or 2, and only being interested in them)

Am I fucked Veeky Forums? Has my brain evolved even though I'm still a dumbass? Or is it just harsh underlying mental issues?

>i don't dream at all
false

Well not necessarily at all, just very rarely

TL;DR Roll with it desu, its a gift.

its normal for a small segment of the population, i'd say about 5% of people experience some kind of precognitive ability. My dad does, a few friends of mine have, but by and large most people are oblivious to it or don't experience it at all. as for the Vivid dreams and their subject, that happens to me with some vidya too, or when my family is being pissy I have dreams about it.

Anything about the weird night terror deal before you actually fall asleep? Because that one is really getting me

not to give an /x/ answer, but meditation. I personally believe malignant energy is a thing. or you could just be stressed out and thats how it's manifesting. regardless, Yoga or any of the other things like it could help. I get weird visuals before I fall asleep where its like gray scale shadows, and the shapes I can make out are pretty weird, ranging from skulls to monsterish outlines. Doesn't happen too terribly that often, I can usually just deal with it. I will tell ya if you do any drugs, they make it worse. LSD gave me some really bad experiences for weeks after i did it.

I smoke a decent amount of weed and that seems to help, although I just don't dream then, and then when I do it's just greyscale, like yours, but mine is usually just different shades of grey, not actual shapes

depending on your REM phases you dream 4-6 times a night. some of the dreams didn't get saved in your memory and that's why you can't rememer them.
you're dreaming but you can't remember it in the next second.

"i don't dream sometimes" is a false statement. keep in mind that you dream several dreams a night but you can only remember the last one when you wake up. it's the same principle.

weed can help, I'm just not a fan of it anymore, I get too paranoid. I know what you mean about not dreaming when you're high, I hardly ever did.

Well, thanks thanks for the advice friends, I'm gonna look into meditation and listen to some death grips now. Have fun with your degrees and theories

Good luck desu

>Anybody here have any theories on precognitive dreams that aren't entirely hippy dippy "spirit world" bullshit?

Yes.

>I've been having them since I was really young

No you haven't.

Most people dream in both REM and NREM sleep but we only remember dreams in REM sleep because the RAS is functioning during that phase.

deja reve? I just realized i've just dreamed about the vaguest bullshit and any event was applicable to that, which my brain did, even modifying the dream somehow.

nice to know
thanks

Lol

/x/

OP is obviously a psychohistorian, and his brain is able to accurately interpolate what the future will be based on subconscious information input.

Attached: 8ifs5juobxl01.jpg (752x1063, 181K)

Statistical. A few are bound to come true, just as an SF story occasionally makes a valid prediction.

If you're GENUINELY interested, see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time

You're only saying this because you've never experienced the phenomena. It's not just a random guess.

Due to how brain works it can be entirely explained by faulty/fake memories
When something happens you "remember" having a dream about the even, though in truth the dream might not have even been accurate or the dream might never have occured at all.