Would having a bigger brain actually make you more intelligent?

Would having a bigger brain actually make you more intelligent?

Attached: 237485.png (3340x3176, 205K)

yes

Attached: the synthesis.png (3340x3176, 656K)

Yes.

Attached: slide_6.jpg (960x720, 41K)

Yes that's why I'm big brained

If the difference is large, probably yes. Assuming the right parts were enlarged.

Lots of brains have been weighted and measured. Ironically, the guy who pushed phrenology (the notion that brains, which are very soft watery tissue, could deform the bony skull and, thereby, reveal personality and intelligence) turned out to have a slightly smaller than average brain. Not unduly so. Well within normal human variation.

Einstein's brain wasn't out of the ordinary. The part which we think is responsible for "visualization" was better developed than in most people.

Statistically, little or no correlation between brain size and IQ. Among humans. "Obviously", we're smarter than animals. "Obvious" in quotes because we don't always act like we're smarter.

Ask the sperm whales, the OCEAN-DWELLING animals that end up stuck on THE FUCKING BEACH all the time like stupid fucking idiots they are.
Biggest brains in the world and they still don't know how to fucking walk hahahaha

>Biggest brains in the world and they still don't know how to fucking walk hahahaha
Huh, so Hawking and sperm whales had a lot in common I guess.

are you fucking retarded? of course not

Yes, Whales are way more intelligent than us.

Isaac Newton had a famously small head

Confirmed, Hawking was a 2 bit hack who was too lazy to even crawl for his meals. Spout a bunch of theoretical shit about black holes that no one can prove him wrong on and he's got himself a personal ass wiper. Never had to learn how to even feed himself.

A scenario where you'd actually get dumber: you keep the same mass as volume expands, increasing the space and therefore time between neuron reactions

always heard it was about the folds or creases in the brain

no real clue though since i don't care enough to look up if i'm wrong

Not to mention he cheated on his wife who took care of him for 20 years.

How small desu?

Would having a bigger hard drive in your computer actually make you a better programmer?

Attached: 1519431832207.jpg (400x382, 32K)

theoretically yeah

How the hell did he manage to cheat on his wife if he hardly could move a muscle

Fucking brainlets in this thread, I swear.

“Overall, larger brain size and volume is associated with better cognitive functioning and higher intelligence.[1] The specific regions that show the most robust correlation between volume and intelligence are the frontal, temporal and parietal lobes of the brain.[9][10][11] A large number of studies have been conducted with uniformly positive correlations, leading to the generally safe conclusion that larger brains predict greater intelligence.[12][13] In healthy adults, the correlation of total brain volume and IQ is ~ 0.4 [14]“

Every study that has ever been done on brain size has found a positive correlation with IQ (among humans).

Yep, that's why whales are the smartest beings on the planet.

>In healthy adults, the correlation of total brain volume and IQ is ~ 0.4
>0.4

Wow. It's fucking nothing.

And you're a brainlet.

There is a correlation between I.Q and brain surface area. Brain volume is important, but more important than that is the surface area of your brain, the wrinklier it is the more intelligent you are likely to be.

They cheated on each other actually.

No you are correct, there is a stronger correlation between surface area of the brain and IQ than the actually volume of the brain.