Its red stripe in a fancy can to target the weeb demographic

its red stripe in a fancy can to target the weeb demographic

it's just a generic international pale lager, they all taste more or less the same

>They can't taste subtle differences in the grain bill and hops
Hahahahaha plebs

I truly find Asahi and thai beers to have a pleasantly sligbt sweet twist to them. Just wish the ABV would be a bit higher

>lager this pale at 5%abv

son, they brew it with sugar. don't expect anyone to respect it

Or corn syrup. There is still a grain bill difference and if you can't taste it you have a fucked palate. It's not about respect it's about talent.

>mmm yes this shitty generic """"premium beer"""" tastes a bit less of corn than the other one, exhibiting nice notes of boiled vegetables instead
>truly a fine pausterised process beer product, made with the best HFCS and hop extract

>dickriding an unremarkable macrolager just because it comes from animeland

T. Tastelets

>weeb demographic detected.

akira was shit and studio ghibli can go fuck itself

it is the best lager, the rice they put in it makes it dry as fuck and not sickeningly sweet like coors

rice. aftertaste is more bearable.
it's still pabst for weebs. only good jap macro is orion.

>Implying difference means good or better than others.
It's just different that's all.

If you like rice you should try Budweiser. Cheaper than Sapporo, too

the japs use a koji derivative to get an almost complete ferment of the malt, too. ends up being extremely crisp if unsubstantial, it's definitely not a good german pilsner but it's distinguished by what it's missing more than what's there when it shouldn't be.

bud is a poor budget imitation of a czech pilsner to begin with, so the rice's insubstantiality just makes its one really lackluster note stand out more.

I'm not gonna lie to you, even in their tasting room I could barely distinguish the difference between the three kinds they offered

Asahi is the superior weeb beer

imported macro beers are never a good decision. The taste of shit beer with the price of good beer

don't forget they're usually not all that fresh, which negatively impacts the taste

the superior weeb juice

Psshh... move over, kid.

i had asahi super dry in a good japanese restaurant (which surprised me since i always thought of it as a cheap shitty beer) in india and thought it was one of the best beers i've ever tasted. came back to the states and tried it again and it tasted like sapporo or even worse. i think these companies make premium import versions and cheap import versions.

but the ugly bottle doesn't make you look good, mon.

this one is pretty damn nice

Fuck weeb shit, this is the superior oriental beer.

Superior? I beg to differ, but it costs 30% less so it's good value.

>0 head retention

But if you can crush a Sapporo can on your forehead, I will give you all of the respect you deserve.

Some of them are imported from Japan (good taste) some from Canada (bad taste.)

generally if you can find it in cans it's from Japan, from the bottle it's usually made somewhere else (Chinese ones taste like ass)

Red stripe is also a session beer which means it's only eight ounces per container.

Fuck session beers.

Kirin ichiban, Asahi Super Dry

Ribbed for your skull fracture.

Lol

Kirin > Sapporo > Asahi

I think the price is in that order too

This is the jap beer for me.

I drank a bottle of this, then read on the back that it was brewed and bottled in the UK. Everything is a lie.

I like Kirin, however if you look at the label

>Brewed under Kirin's strict supervision by Anheuser-Busch, Los Angeles, CA and Williamsburg, VA

Its Busch beer with a weeb label. I suspect sapporo and asahi have a similar American brew location.

Budweiser uses rice as its primary "grain" too.

>green bottle beers

>not drinking sake

Got any recommendations? I've been paralyzed by the number of options at Mitsuwa and haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Asahi is the epitome of generic, not to say it's bad but it's also overpriced 99% of the time

I've only seen it in 12oz containers, including the one in the picture

I know you guys are shit posting, but there is a lot of great Japanese beer out there.

No one said otherwise.

I could buy 1L Asahi's for 3 bucks at my local convenience store when I was in college (few years back).

doesn't look that fancy to me