Why isn't there a totally trash super cheap brandy catering to hobos and alcoholics...

why isn't there a totally trash super cheap brandy catering to hobos and alcoholics? all the other big hard liquors have one

get on rural new england's level

Mr. Boston fits the bill. Dirt cheap. Like 7.50 a bottle. Decent enough flavours.

What is Christian Brothers

Christian Brothers?

My roommate in college got some brandy one time that was like under $8 for a fifth in a plastic bottle. It tasted pretty bad, but I was 19 so I would drink whatever I could get my hands on. I believe this might be it, but anyway there definitely are some cheap options. Looks like there's several varieties of brandy for under $7 a fifth.

>Sales in 2008 were 1,100,000 bottles. With a population of 1,300,000, Mainers consumed nearly one bottle for every man, woman, and child in the state.
>Allen's has been called both "the champagne of Maine" and "an epidemic."

Fucking hive mind lads. you west coasters too?

Nope Midwest bb. The heart of America. We have giant breaded tenderloins and heroin aplenty.

>Gib loins pls

In my area most liquor stores have one named E and J. I havent tried much brandy to compare it, but it doesnt taste bad. A 5th is usually around $7-8

E&J is the best.
In Arizona you can buy 40 proof at gas stations.
I used to pick up a 5th everytime I would go out drinking with these psychotic Vietmanese guys I worked with. Only cost like 7 bucks

I guess it's just my country. there's no brandy under 50 dollars for a liter

There is in Canada. This is on par with the cheapest vodkas in similar sized bottles here.

E&J is basically what you are looking for, but there may be localized brands even cheaper
and if you are drinking cheap brandy, why not just drink cheap bourbon? when you are spending less than $16 for a half gallon, they taste identical

>Waking up after passing out in a field
>Guns are out and some ammo is missing
>Try not to think about that too hard
>Drive 40 minutes for a tenderloin with extra pickles, the one true hangover cure.

how could they possibly taste the same? I mean it's still corn and grape, they're fundamentally really different

The fuck you talking about? E&J Gallo of Night Train and Thunderbird fame make brandy.

With the price level that low you aren't exactly getting the subtle nuances of the ingredients user. It's just rotgut burn.

They do, but it's certainly not on the same "super cheap" level as bumwine.

>how could they possibly taste the same?
in case you didn't know
very cheap liquor is not produced the way call shit is, they are really just neutral grain spirits diluted with water and flavorings to reach 40%ABV of a typically distilled liquor

brandy by definition isn't grain, it's grape

im aware, im talking about the absolute bottom-tier cheap 'brandy' that OP is looking for

This. Even many "mid shelf" beverages don't legally qualify for what people think they are. A great example is Jose Cuervo Gold "tequila". Look closely and it doesn't actually say tequila on the label...because it's not legally able to be called tequila.

isn't that illegal?

in the US, no

this

look carefully at the label. it might not even be brandy at all

All the cheap hobo brandy is used to make fortified wine instead

cheapest hard booze in quebec and ironically the best tasting < 60$ 750ml bottle

in wine countries all the real niggers drink grappa like moonshine, rakia etc

This. Aguardiente to make the homemade ports. Aka Portuguese diesel.

Delicious stuff desu. I'm in northwest europe but you southern lads get all the good brandy. We get grain spirits, which are nice and clean but less flavourful.

Indiana bro?

BUCKY!!!

it's definitely illegal to label something bourbon if it doesn't meet the requirements

This.

Don't pretend to know what you are talking about.

Hello my fellow Wisconsinites

if there's one thing flyover americans are good at, it's going "doesn't matter imma call it how i see it" and then devolving (maybe evolving? or maybe the concept is still illegal there?) into a bawling puddle of goo when someone hurts THEIR special fee-fees
not sure on the legal particulars and don't care, but a system set up to safeguard five snowflake cousinfuckers but is perfectly fine with potato "brandy" and domestic red "champagne", that shit's 100% in character

>less than one bottle per year per person
Is this particularly shocking?

for perspective, if we assume that the biggest brands sell relatively evenly nationwide, that's around as much in state as all smirnoff, bacardi, and captain morgan products combined. or swap out one of the first two for both jack daniels and absolut.

Read that as breakfast wine, which I'm sure for people that drink it probably is

you have to consider the fact that decent people don’t go near the stuff

when you think about how many cardassians actually drink it the numbers will make your skin crawl

Yes

There is one though, it's called bourbon whiskey

Bourbon isn't brandy and not all of it is cheap.

this was one of the dumbest things I've ever attempted to read

Came here to post this. St Remy is both cheap and drinkable.

Korbel is 1.75 for only 21$ in my area

What is Henney? My cholo cousins drink it religously, they're not exactly millionaires.

Nvm, that's cognac

before i left the us, rite aid sales would be 6.99 for 750ml or 15.99 for the 1.75

cognac is brandy

Hennessy isn't necessarily cheap.

It's not cheap, but it's memed so hard by rappers that even the poorest of hoodboys want to drink it.

Here in yurop you can get Maxime Castillac VSOP brandy for €7,50. Or an off-brand weinbrand for possibly the same money but double the amount. Doesnt get much cheaper than that.