Anyone else get really triggered when you're ordering from a restaurant and the name of the food item you want has a...

Anyone else get really triggered when you're ordering from a restaurant and the name of the food item you want has a "signature" name? How do you order that?
>Can I take the stake and fries?
Or
>Can I take Mother Margaret's Famous Steak and Fries Spectacular ™?

i just ignore the novelty names and say the menu item. nobody seems to care really, i'm sure a pretty fair amount of ppl think that shits dumb

wew lad, i hope you never find out where the sandwich got its name

I just say the normal name. No waiter cares and I hardly see anyone actually order with the full name. If there is a similar item they waiter will just ask which one you want.

I just say the short version
€can I get the mothers special burger"

But it didn't have a name before that (allegedly). So what else would you call it, you idiot?
captcha: please school

That's actually a good solution. Please be patient. I have autism.

what if op's "mother margaret's" didn't have a name before that either?
like, if it's a theme restaurant that has captain codshanks' shiver me filet-o-sysco-timbers, that's one thing and absolutely everyone including the waiters would just prefer you to go "gimme a fish fry".
but if you're not a complete sadlife, most signature dishes are a specific toppings-condiments-and-sides combo, and your choices are saying "mother margaret's" or saying "with the red wine deglaze, blue cheese crumble, shoestring cut with garlic aioli to dip". which is as autistic as insisting on "thin-sliced meat served between two loaf slices" instead of a "sandwich".

>never order the fresh and fruity rip n tooty or whatever the fuck it is from Denny's even though I want to try it

>go to restaurant in Calgary
>they have the " Heap Big Buffalo Burger'
> it comes with an edible Native American headdress made of salad leaves
I couldn't bring myself to order it.
Had wings instead.

Named shit like that is awful, I can feel the dignity leaving me when I ask for "S'awesome sauce"

No, because I've worked in the industry and know that they'll take my money regardless of what I call it.

>walk into a starbucks
>"I'll have a large coffee please."
>"You mean a venti du jour?"
>"A large coffee, name is user."
>Cash, large coffee, transaction completed.

>"I'll try this rip n tooty thing, please."
>Don't use the stupid full name
>Dignity salvaged

I have never had someone, Starbucks or even good coffee places ever comment on me saying large

Just point to it on the menu and/or joke about how stupid the name is

Holy fuck this

>Moons over my Hammy

tfw can't see monkey pic without thinking of that Brazil monkey stew. What's the name of that dish again?

This is why I like Chinese places because they just assign them code names like A1-8, B1-10 etc.

As long as the staff knows which item you want, it doesn't matter.

I alway say the novelty name with an over exaggerated sense of bemusement directed towardsas the waitress or waiter as if they are the “clever” ones that came up with that title.

supposedly they did way back in the early days of the franchise, but eventually the fact that people just want their fucking coffee and can't be arsed with fancy nomenclature stopped their forced memes.

well, that or it really wasn't ever a thing.

not him but why not

You people have mouths, right? Just say the thing you want. It's the easiest thing in the world to do when you want something.

The absolute worst.

I just point at the menu and make the server read it

Fucking Denny's
>Lumberjack Slam

Straight up sounds like you're asking to be anally pounded

Number 3 please.
And if the menu isn't numbered I just point at what I want and make them read it.