Is Aristotle the ultimate redpill?

Is Aristotle the ultimate redpill?

>God exists as a prime mover, but he doesn't care about us and only thinks about himself
>Women and slaves have inferior souls and cannot even attain to the same virtue as normal men
>Not all people are equal; some are inherently superior to others
>A man must be strong enough to defend himself and his honor, and should not sit idle if disgraced
>Virtue and pursuit of knowledge are important, but you still need to deal with real life

Honestly, he is refreshing after reading Plato, who pushes asceticism, forgiveness, and teaches you to be obsequious. Where do I go after this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3H5f7oePQE
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=A72134B4A591DEE5CC7C77B861348326
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Soul
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Women and slaves have inferior souls
Greeks also didn't understand the womb. Redpill != correct any more than bluepill

>tfw Aquinas is almost a better Aristotelian than Aristotle himself

>redpill

Do you people say this ironically?

>asceticism, forgiveness, and teaches you to be obsequious
What about these things do you not like?

on Veeky Forums i hope it's 50/50. usually it's just some guy who fucks other men "just to have fun" or "a little display of dominance" and gets embarrassed about it, so he gets on Veeky Forums and starts denigrating women.

The next question is, where do you go after Aquinas?

>tfw not sure if you are quoting me quoting MacIntyre or quoting MacIntyre

foucault

Suarez, Catejan, Boskovic, Maritain, Amscombe, MacIntyre, Feser, Oderberg.

Christian detected.

>Christian detected.
Nope.

B A S ED

Aristotle is the greatest thinker ever in my opinion. Joyce was right about him

>redpill

I'd like you to stop embarassing yourself by using /pol/ catch-phrases. I know we're all anonymous here, but I'm afraid of you doing this in real life, or with people who know you.

meekness is for the meek

I used the term ironically for (You)s. Thank you

Nice save. We thought you were a fucking idiot for a moment.

The meek shall inherit the earth.

I am inclined to agree, although I find the value in Platonic philosophy as well. They are not as different as they are made out to be

>Meekness is for the meek.
Eating is for the hungry, anger is for the angry, happiness is for the happy...

Aristotle was a pleb compared to Plato.

I firmly believe that Plato is only as esteemed as he is due to Christianity's influence, the quality of his prose, and the ambiguity of his dialogues. Basically, he allows you to project your own ideals onto his writings because he rarely explicitly states something. Aristotle is the complete opposite: meticulous, arrogant, and scientific.

That's not a very good point, though.
I mean, he's not WRONG, but simple ethics tell us we have to treat people as equivalent (at least under the color of law or authority) to ensure a basic social contract that cannot be freely manipulated. Otherwise the inferior should by mass overthrow the superior.

To use Aristotle's own wording, the slave revolt of the Israelites is a good example.

You don't ever actually finish with Aquinas.

if you treat unequal people as equals then they're going to believe it and wonder why they aren't literally equal given an equal playing field because they won't admit their own inherent inequality. then they're going to blame you and overthrow you anyway.

correct answer

I dont think aristotle believed in souls.

You can finish with Aquinas, but it just leads you to the cross.

youtube.com/watch?v=r3H5f7oePQE

There's a strong undercurrent of mysticism about Plato. He definitely saw deeper into existence than Aristotle.

No, he butchered most of ancient Greek language and Aristotle.

>God exists as a prime mover, but he doesn't care about us and only thinks about himself

He still didn't have the fullness of revelation that happened with Jesus Christ.

>The Word (Logos) became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

His fascination with monotheistic God is still intriguing so much that some think that one of the God's revelations happened trough Greek philosophy (Socrates, Plato, Melissus..)

>Women and slaves have inferior souls and cannot even attain to the same virtue as normal men

He made exceptions to that, for example if man and woman are in the marriage and the are both genuinely good and on the same intellectual level. In that case they can be completely equal.

Same for the slave, he considered slaves to be nothing more than just a tools. But if slave possesses that "human" element he can be considered as a person.

PIC RELATED is just a small bonus about St. Thomas Aquinas who as all know built upon Aristotelian philosophy.

>he thinks Aristotle was better than Plato

Pleb-tier desu. All of Aristotle's decent ideas came from Plato, and the rest of them were just half-baked Enlightenment crap anyway.

It's ironic that the student of the greatest philosopher in history could turn out to be so terrible.

Aquinas ruined Catholicism. Although earlier men like Peter Abelard were arguably worse.

This

>Boskovic

>tfw you are philosophy student from Croatia and you have one full semester dedicated to him

heaven

wait til the plebs find out Aristotle was right about telegony all along.

Then we figured out what entropy is and can properly toss Aquinas into the dust bin.

Explain further how entropy discredits Aquinas. I am genuinely interested.

Spinoza

We are all meek in the face of fate, user.

I enjoy Nicomachean ethics desu

if you read French (and why not, user?) you can read Louis Rougier and see how and why Aquinas has been thoroughly debunked, without even going anywhere near entropy.

here ya go:

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=A72134B4A591DEE5CC7C77B861348326

This. Read Gadamer.

Can you sum up some of the Louis Rougier's strongest claims?

there are reviews online, eg Persee.

the only major criticisms are that he ripped off the Dominicans! big fucking deal, and a legitimate argument is still a legitimate argument regardless of provenance.

go and check yourself, if you need an executive internetz summary you're hardly the type to read a book.

Not enough interested to read a book about it but still interested, one of the reasons why we post/ask questions on Veeky Forums.

>be vague
>be deep

Pick one.

in a nutshell: the conflict between faith and reason.

ok thanks

> why is entropy a problem for aquinas
> just read rougier, its not about entropy but still BTFO tomasso
> quick rundown?
> uh try googling it, i have no idea

nice

no love lost for Aquinas here.

whatever.

i was supporting aquinas

seems like a really shitty critique he was shilling

> hasn't even read Nicomachean Ethics

he talks about whether your dead parents can get pissed off about the dumb shit you do

Like I've said, I don't think there is huge disagreement between the two. Aristotle dedicated his life to studying but also to creating a house with a garden that could sustainably support him and his close friends being able to chill and contemplate the unmoved mover. He was a pretty spiritual guy IRL.

>there are other Croatian Aquinas shitposters other than me
Nice

causality isn't real

There doesn't seem to be much on the guy on the net, compared to French Neo-Scholastics he had a beef with.
For someone who has supposedly destroyed them, they outlived him by quite a bit.

If you reject causality you reject cause and effect, which is the foundation for science and logic. By rejecting causality you reject reality and reason. You can't even argue that causality isn't real without undermining your own position.

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you even aware of what the term "redpill" means?

> isn't
> is not
> is

hold on a sec, what do you mean by this?

This is actually what Muslims believe and it explains why they're so stupid. They think the only way to know truth is through revelation, and that everything else is irrelevant. Philosophy is heresy to them.

sorry hunny but the burden of proof is on you

I actually rolled my eyes when I read this. That's the first I've ever done that.

Irrelevant

>Man who rejects logic demands logical proof

If you don't read at least use google to make it appear you do.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Soul

-10 points Go back to the Greeks. Everything we perceive as real IS real to some degree.
Protagoras.

causation is relative but value of 0 in my eyes so its not real

What I never understood is how Joyce is atheist when he's obviously influenced by Aquinas a lot. His alter-ego, Steven, is too, and that shows. Was Joyce maybe conflicted when it comes to his beliefs? He couldn't decide what he was? I always felt it was that.

What I gathered from this thread is that you can't actually discuss Aristole here without christfags assaultng you with that Aquinas meme.

maybe that's because christians studied greek philosophy more than your meme philosophers of preference lol

FUckin burn, brah

No, philosophy is for ugly faggots

>Talking about god and shit as i it were real
get yourself in treatment buddy

>>>r/atheism

How dare they talk about things you don't want to talk about.

I wonder what sorts of speculation could be made concerning the so-called "virgin birth" in light of Aristotle's theory of Telegony...

that ought to get the christ-cucks TFO

>God exists as a prime mover

>>>Reddit

Stop reading philosophy if you only want to confirm your /pol/ tier views

>/pol/ tier views

the prime mover
fullness of existence
perfect being

"One god, greatest among gods and humans,
like mortals neither in form nor in thought"

basis of philosophy since ancient times

>/pol/ tier views

>>Women and slaves have inferior souls and cannot even attain to the same virtue as normal men
>>Not all people are equal; some are inherently superior to others
>>A man must be strong enough to defend himself and his honor, and should not sit idle if disgraced
Yes, these are /pol/ tier views.

>he butchered most of ancient Greek language and Aristotle.

How did he butcher Aristotle

"treat whites as friends and non-whites as animals"

Aristotle was the based redpill hyper-god of classical antiquity.

explained in the post above

some people, truly are, inherently superior to others

>A man must be strong enough to defend himself and his honor, and should not sit idle if disgraced

Well done Aristotle, we can all agree on this

Partly. The ultimate redpill would be reading a lot of plato's works, especially his early stuff to get socrate's, then move on to aristotle. That is the ultimate redpill.

>human beings are worthless and broken creatures who will practise unknowable harm on others if they are not stopped by force

Prove him wrong.

The 20th Century where Sovereigns slaughtered more people and in crueler ways in the space of 60 years than in all of human history before them

>but simple ethics tell us we have to treat people as equivalent (at least under the color of law or authority) to ensure a basic social contract that cannot be freely manipulated.
you learn this at some liberal university of form some liberal parents?

If 'inferior' people can overthrow the 'superior' ones even when they're treated equal they would have even more reason to do so when they're threated unequal

>some people, truly are, inherently superior to others
Well yeah. An autistic savant might be superior to you in regards to mental math. A black tall guy is superior in regards to basketball. What does that say about their or your worth? Nothing.

Rene Girard completes Hobbes.

What literature does your faculty recommend? Help out a neighbour desu.

Fuck off, David.

For thomism in general? Or Bošković?

He misunderstood what Greek words meant, such as zoon politikon or zoon logon ekhon and did what Seneca did which was mistranslate political to social (in context of political philosophy).

Bošković. Branislav Petronijević dedicated a beautiful chapter to him in his history of philosophy that got me interested.