My physician is treating me for an autoimmune condition with the Wahls Protocol and I am a little flummoxed as to what...

My physician is treating me for an autoimmune condition with the Wahls Protocol and I am a little flummoxed as to what I will do about breakfasts, because eggs and grains have been eliminated (as are dairy, legumes (including soy), added sugar, and processed foods). The protocol is temporary, I have to be on it for a month before I can slowly start to reintroduce foods like milk and eggs. Has anyone tried this diet? What did you eat for breakfast? What did you eat for your fermented food?

Smoothies in am. 1-1/2 cup Vanilla Almond milk, 1/2 avocado, hemp protein powder( sun warrior chocolate flavor) 1/2 banana ( if allowed), 1 small handful spinach, 1/4 cup plain kefir, small packet of stevia.

water kefir or regular kefir? reg kefir is off the menu for a month bc it's dairy.

>organic only
>cold oil

how the fuck does this help with autoimmune disease

Either water or Coconut milk kiefer if you can find it. If not you can make your own, buy on Amazon, or skip it all together. Just use whole ingredients and Tweak the smoothie to taste.

Almost any smoothie you can have. Get good hemp protein powder, almond or hemp milk and fruits/vegetables and you will be golden. Sun warrior is expensive but it's a very good hemp based protein powder.

Also you could eat a pork chol and nuts for breakfast if you wanted. You have options.

Pork chop**

>coconut fat

autoimmune condition? nigga you got AIDS?

or lupus, or a bunch of other shit that can give you a compromised immune system temporarily or permanently.

the doc says that it doesn't have to be organic, but the cold oils idk...but it's for a month. i can handle cold oils for a month.
I love pork chops! but a smoothie sounds easier first thing in the morning, ty
if i had AIDS i would just eat wtf I want. It's Guillain-barre syndrome, they thought I had Fibromyalgia but none of the treatments worked.

sounds like your physician needs to go back to a real medical school and get a real medical license.

I have lupus and a compromised immune system, I live a normal life for the most part except I have a great reason to work from home more often

meh, it's a month, it won't kill me. I am taking medicine and doing plasma exchange too.

Thats sounds retarded. Either you aren't actually sick and he thinks you are malingering for drugs and wants to see if you persist or he is genuinely an idiot who doesn't understand how to use anti-inflammatory and immunologic drugs. Have you actually seen an immunologist or a rheumatologist?

this isn't my only course of treatment, I am do practice the Wahls Protocol for a month or and I am to receive something called a plasmapheresis as well as some physical therapy. I have seen an internist who sent me to a rheumatologist who suggested a neurologist. My diagnosis was changed from Fibromyalgia to Guillain-Barre. I am also taking celebrex.

The immune system is largely in the gut and if you have immune system problems you might have leaky gut. Bone broth is supposed to heal the gut, the collagen and the gelatin in the bone broth heal the lining of the gut and promote healthy gut biome. Bone broth is delicious, super easy to make, and costs almost nothing.

t. Ping Ling Chiang Kai-Shek

>if you got weak bones just eat some bones then it will fuse with your bones

well it may be a leaky gut, IDK. The doctor says I am most probably sick as a result of a flu shot. Bone broth or stock is recommended on the Wahls Protocol anyway.

Leaky gut isn’t real

>The doctor says I am most probably sick as a result of a flu shot
I knew there was a reason I never got flue shots, besides being cheap and just not caring

>leaky gut
>flu shot
I think it's time for you to see a new doctor.

heating oils changes their structure a bit, it probably doesn't matter to OP but when you're doing an elimination diet you really want to have every factor accounted for

I'm not sure how prevalent leaky gut actually is, but it might be more important to make sure that your gut flora is actually healthy. Most people have weak and unhealthy gut flora from not consuming enough raw fermented foods, raw vegetables, consuming too much sugar or pasteurized beer, and things like that. Bone broth is probably good for you to have anyway, but also have raw sauerkraut, unsweetened yogurt, raw vegetables, unpasteurized fermented beverages, or anything like that.

it's not lupus

I've never heard of this diet, but it seems easy enough to put together some meals with that limited selection.

Pickled salad
Veggie stir-fry
Probably some jams and jellies
Roast nuts, though that's more of a snack if anything
Lettuce wrap burgers
Seared salmon steaks
Rice-less sushi
Bell peppers and Beef (Bebop style)

I think what will be the real problem for you though is that there's no grains, it will definitely be hard for you to achieve a sense of fullness. I've heard Germans would actually use saurkraut as their filler food so you could try that, make sure to wash the brine out before eating it though.

this resembles bullshit
that said, sausage is an excellent breakfast food
>processed
processed doesn't mean shit, it's a catch-all term, there's no boundary line for how processed something has to be to be "processed"

Don't listen to the haters, the science is good.

I changed my diet and did several months of accupuncture for an autoimmune condition, now some tests have gone to normal for the first time in years and I'm waiting to get other tests back cautiously optimistic. I'm back to happy weight and feel so much better. Don't even miss wheat. Though I guess someday eventually if all is going well I might try reintroducing some sourdough spelt bread or something like that. Nice to see discussion of Wahls/AIP here. Have you read her book? There are sample mealplans including breakfasts.