How do you make your wings?

I maek wings. I toss veggie oil, basil and flour in the bowl with the chicken, then throw them in the oven st 450 for a half hour, then pull out and toss in sauce and throw in for another ten minutes. How about you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fat bastard

I deep fry mine, just like any other halfway competent cook.

Why fuck around with the oven for 40 minutes when it's done in the fryer in a fraction of that time, and has a better texture too.

Deep fry em in peanut oil. It isn't that bad for you and it's delicious.

Use olive oil you unrefined fatass.

Deep fry until crisp at 360-380...usually about 15-25 minutes depending on how fast the oil recovers. Immediately toss them in a sauce of melted butter and a louisiana-style hot sauce like franks, texas pete, or crystal. Serve with blue cheese never ranch, and some celery and/or carrots.

Stop talking

I've been deep-frying the ones I make, but I'm sticking with a homemade lemon-pepper sauce until I learn how to emulate Wingstop's Louisiana Rub seasoning.

Wow...those look even worse than expected and based on the method i wasnt expecting much.

>breading wings
Faggot
patrician
>what is flash point
>wingstop
Mahnigga.jpg

foil a tray, spray with pam, put wings on it skin side up, throw them in a 425f oven away from the heat element, cook for 45 minutes no flipping, take them out and toss them in a bowl with sauce

not flipping them prevents the skin from ripping and the high temp crisps the skin up sufficiently. they come out comparable to just frying them, crispy, juicy inside, etc.

Best wings are fried twice. Once for 8-10 minutes at 275, (you can freeze some for later) then fry again at 375 for 3 minutes. Toss in butter and Frank's redhot.

Smoked, fried, sauced with chipotle honey.

I coat in a mixture of mostly flower with some salt, black pepper, paprika, cayenne... other stuff maybe, depends on what I have laying around. Then I deep fry in peanut oil and coat in home made buffalo sauce.

Dry rub
Maple wood smoke for an hour at about 200°
Fry for 3-4 minutes at 350°
Salt and pepper
Fries Cole slaw and BBQ sauce

how do you smoke wings at home?

You shouldn't fry things in olive oil. Low burning point.

On a smoker

I've got some wings marinading in hot sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, paprika, basil and parsley.
Going to roast them on the Weber tonight.

It was just a random marinade, I just mixed up some stuff in the pantry.

Sounds delicious user

I got drunk and made this thread along with my wings. It's amazing to wake up to it, and I'm glad it got attention.

Because I don't keep a deep fryer around, and I'm not willing to create a boiling pot of oil just because I'm drunk and need something fun to pick around.

Depends on the olive oil. Extra virgin olive oil is best unheated for flavor reasons but it can still be used in low or medium-low temp cooking. Regular olive oil can be used at a higher temp, but not 450F. You can get refined olive oil for frying, it has very little flavor compared to extra virgin, but it's more expensive and at that point you might as well use peanut or a cheaper vegetable oil that works just as well.

I'm very proud of you. That's very nice

flash point is the ambient temperature at which vapors will ignite
dipshit

>still hungry tho

Cooking them now. They smell promising.

Drenched in flour then deep fried. Toss w any hot sauce. Valentina and Frank's Red Hot work nicely imo. I can't stand baked wings.

Coat with dry rub, bake them for 40-50 minutes (big wings), take them out, cover them and put them in the fridge to chill. Then flash fry them for 2 minutes to get the skin crispy, then toss them in sauce.

>toss in butter and Frank's red hot

That's a classic recipe faggo

Cooking wings on a rack, on a pan, on a grill. What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=BDVg0u2YQ7Q

Use chef johns oven method

I usualy just toss with a small amount of oil then pepper and salt before the oven. But there is a trick I've tried. Anyone dust with baking powder? I tried it after seeing It on a FB Tasty vid. It makes a crisper skin.

Then spin in sauce.

Inb4 being called an a faguette for baking powder

Use corn starch next time.

That's how you roast on a Weber q

i make sauce in a pan with butter, sambal oelek and honey
deep fry them hard, toss them around in the sauce pan, and enjoy

>only oil ever to never correlate with bad health outcomes in any longitudinal health study
bro, olive oil, despite what anyone else theorizes about it, is the best pic according to current data.

go ahead and use ranch, if you're a fucking hillbilly and enjoy the taste of ass in your mouth

Made these last week. Coated them in flour, black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and a little kosher salt before deep frying for 13 minutes at 350. They came out a little overdone, but I kind of like them that way, gives a nice crunch and the meat inside stays soft. Tossed them in Frank’s red hot with a little bit of melted butter.

Question, i have a really large pot that one would make stew in, and i have. it has a piece that goes in it thats like the same size but has holes so its like a colander but a pot at the same time. it doesn't sit on top, but goes all the way down to the bottom of the pot.

Can i use this to fry things or will the wings float anyway because its not a real fryer? Will i burn my house down?

With feathers, but occasionally scales.