VEGAN GENERAL

vegans of Veeky Forums
discord
.gg/U5D7tD

A place for discussing all things vegan recipes, health and ethics

Reasons to be vegan:

Meat consumption is ruining the environment.
- Pollutes rivers
- Forests cleared for livestock
- Causes soil degradation
- Massive inefficiency
- Major contributor to global warming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_impact_of_meat_production

Vegan Health

reddit.com/r/veganfitness/wiki/index

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

veganhealthandfitnessmag.com/2015/02/where-do-you-get-your-b12/

Animals and Ethics - iep.utm.edu/anim-eth/#SSH3ai

The most common and well known argument is the argument from marginal cases. Loosely speaking, the argument contends that animals as sentient & intelligent as retards should have the same moral status

(please read the following before leaving a stupid comment)

Ad Hominem - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem e.g. vegans are faggots

Strawman - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman e.g. vegans want white genocide

Appeal to nature - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature e.g. meat is natural and therefore ethical

Tu Quoque - yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque e.g. vegans buy computers

Morality is relative - Science, logic, mathematics are all based on axioms that are not proven, what is different about morality and moral axioms? Think this argument through before arguing for it, it is not as simple as you think.

Please realise the difference between normative ethics (what we ought to do) and descriptive ethics (what beliefs do people have). Normative ethics is what is being discussed with regards to veganism and morality.

e.g.
- people should not eat animals for x reason (relevant normative claim)
- people eat animals for y reason (irrelevant descriptive claim)

Dominion (2018) Trailer -
youtu.be/LpDJlEQsDoA

Baby cow stolen from mother -
youtu.be/aaqR9V4XkXA

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633336/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/b/ thread
my patience is great

good thread on /b/

HAY GUYS!!!

GUESS WHO LOVES TO SUCK FAT JUICY COCK?!?!

I DO!!!!!

IT'S MEE!!!

LOL

Faggot.

Want me to prove it?

Daily reminder that everyone will die no matter how """""""""healthy"""""""" you eat. Good diet will only make a few years difference.

At least I had fun eating cok- I mean meat

8-10 years difference, actually- if you're lucky enough to live until you die from organ failure. 20-30 years if you count heart disease and cancer.

You forgot to point out that vegans ( seem to repeatedly) kill their newborns by being vegan.

My rating chart:

Vegan for health reasons- meh
Vegan for environmental reasons- fine who gives a shit you won't make a difference but be my guest
Vegan for "ethical" reasons- let me fuck you in the eyeballs

I get to eat whatever I want while you stress your whole life looking for "pure" food and when you do find them they are more expensive and they taste worse.

A fair trade.

FYI Stress decreases life span too. Also Vegans get cancer too meats aren't the only source.

Looking? I know what I eat from looking up nutrition. It's that simple. You on the other hand are the problem. Eating vegan or veg is also cheaper. Much cheaper.

If you're not one of the GMO free and/or LOCAL ORGANIC FOOD ONLY fanatic vegans then yes, it is cheaper.

But normal vagoos has tons of carcinogenic pesticide and herbicides too. I hope you like Roundup-flavored kale.

I think normal vegans grow their own food.

If they can afford it be my guest. It takes an awful amount of land and labor to feed a single person though

10 minutes per day to water. You seem pretty disconnected from reality.

I turned vegan a month ago

Best decision I've ever made

Who else thinks so?

I posted this

I'm not a family of four.

It's the opposite. You can feed yourself on very little land entirely organically if you build your soil with compost and manure. Typical suburban plots could provide most of the vegetables the family needs with very litte labor if they hadn't bought into the chemical corporations' marketing of a 1950's aesthetic of a sterile plot of useless grass to make certain you show your neighbors you're rich enough to afford petroleum based carcinogenic produce. We keepin' up, yassir!

>Cites Reddit

hmm never noticed that

That's good to know. But I'd just stick with the backyard. One Indian family made their front yard into a small farm and it looks so ugly. Probably made the surrounding home's property value decrease.

Also, I used to spray those chemical herbicides onto my lawn to kill crabgrass and dandelions. If I rip up the grass and grow vegetables on it, are they safe to eat?

Calculator out, this assumes that you eat 250 eggs per year, being about 200,000 calories. On a 2,000 calorie diet you'd require 730,000 calories in one year.
Eating 1/4th of your calories in eggs would require one chicken. I have three because I eat a lot of eggs. They peck at grass and eat feed that's cheaper than buying dirt. Each lay about one egg per day as they're bred egg-layers.

This infographic assumes that each of those items are seperate and then adds them to the land requirement.

>Vegan arguments

I like eggs

Hey OP nice thread. Let me nuke you on the subject.

>Health and avoiding meat.
There's 2 major factors to why not eating meat, dairy products and other foods based of animals are considered 'healthy'.

Firstly it's simply about how proteins derived from animals decrease the production of our own de-clotting droplets of enzymes in our arteries and veins. Animal protein is the direct inhibitor of that said function. The China study concludes there's a relation between animal based foods and cardivascular problems.. That's solid.
Second, digestion of meat takes twice the time to digest than plant-based foods, and gut health is very important for the general status of your being, too. Eating only meat can give serious constipation. Talking of experience here. Your shit and farts get rancid, too.

Second. Fats aren't really that important to go into if you're eating fish. It's considered healthy to eat various foods, and fats too are pretty tricky getting enough of some of the most important ones. Therefore something like fatty fish and the boost of omega-3 fatty acids are considered very healthy, if you weren't already eating lots of flack and hempseeds. Eskimos have been eating tons of whale lard without any health problems.

Eating fresh fruit, cereals and whole-grains and pesudo-grains like chia and buckwheat seriously boosts your well-being. They got considerate levels of antioxidants and enzymes, already packed directly from nature.

The boost meat gives can be considered natural and a very solid stimulant in a hectic and draining environment. Some people can't get by without either their wine, coffee, drugs or steak. That said, the pros somewhat outweights the cons when you begin to realize your own nature is strong enough to stabilize and spiritually build further into the final frontier.

Which leads me to saying that the human spirit is what makes us strong. My grandparents are well over 90 years old thanks to, eating meat, I guess. It's been rough.

Man I'm sleepy. Hope you guys will bear with me. Have a doggo.

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

Wrong on all counts. Each of those studies only say that those foods "can", "may", or "probably" increase your probability less than 40% in every case. Take colorectal cancer, for instance, only 4.4% of the population will ever be diagnosed with it. So increasing your risk of it by 30% amounts to jack shit.

idiots are idiots. that's honestly why these threads need to stop proving veganism and start promoting healthy vegan diets because most miserably fail and give up or worse.

You've neglected to factor the quality of those years and the possibility healthier foods can be more enjoyable and satisfying than junk.

Not enjoyable years if I enjoy animal products. You can't decide someone's enjoyment vegantard

>implying that his fact isn't falsified and homosexual

Please share some tasty non-meme non-soy vegan recipes, please. Not a vegan, but I like to limit my meat consumption.

There's been like three cases of plain starvation blamed on veganism this century.

Soy phytoestrogens do not negatively impact testosterone. But okay. Try any type of seasoned seitan. It's easy, packed with protein, and relatively healthy for you as a meat substitute.

Everyone, probably, would agree on that animals who've lived a good life will taste better, and I believe you should trust your taste buds.

Also, eating tortured animals will undoubtily transfer a lot of bad stuff to you.

I am sensitive enough to sense pretty deep stuff, and what I have experienced is, that in very rough times meat tasted like a blessing, and helped me gain stability and a peace of mind again after catastrophic experiences.

Now I am totaly stable and happy and I can taste the impurities in the blood of the meat I eat and it revolts me. I can taste the urine acids from a dead animal, and I can taste how the meat is not going to be a good thing for me to eat.

I eat eggs and I occationally eat fatty fish. Once I forgot about fish for years, and when I suddenly realized I lacked something, I could feel my whole chest and heart area tingling for days after eating a mackerel. It tasted soo good and it felt way, way better.

That said, I believe everyone should trust their instincts and intuition on what they should eat and what is good for them in what given state of being they find themselves in.

Meat gets trivial very quickly, I believe. You need your b-vitamins, though, so if you weren't able to get enough of those, some chicken, probably, would be the wisest to eat some of.

Red meat can be very potent and tasty, but also very hard to digest and lack nutrients, and all that. We should consider stopping eating meat gradually, as it's not only bad for our planet, but ourselves too. The ego mind is strong, though, and people seriously believe it's their right to raise life to eat it, when we could live better without it.

Consider being raised as cattle, just to end up in a container and rot, after so much suffering.
Those vibrations are part of earth, and I know for a fact such things do matter, even though most people don't want to open their heart, only to feel the suffering of this planet even worse. It's about waking up, too.

This is some good pasta.

These faggots are all over Veeky Forums too shitting up the place.

No but you don't want xeneostrogens, either, unless you like man-boobs, or aggressive tendencies in women. I don't know how the japs made it out having eaten soy for so long and such high quantities, but it's evident their men are very thin, and compared to other races aren't that solid built but rather, are built very slim and thin.

Also, peanuts and cashews are really unhealthy because of the high levels of some specific built mono-saturated fatty acids. Sunflower and rapeseeds aren't healthy, either because of the processing and high values of mono-saturated fatty acids.

Thanks. I just made it. Didn't drop it either.

Oh.. so it's all good then. Great comeback. It's way more than 3. You guys are also forgetting all the young teens that were raised vegan that have been treated and hospitalized for rickets and malnutrition. 12 and 13 year old kids that have been raised vegan their entire lives with bones as brittle as an 80 year old. Your forgetting all the kids that CPS has taken away from vegan parents for intential malnutrition of their children. Stop spewing your poisonous unhealthy cult kid killer shit. It's not a healthy diet for infants, toddlers, and growing children at all. Let children grow up and make their own damn choices instead of forcing some PETA bullshit down their throats starting the day they are born. You people disgust me and make me sick. Fucking vegetable cults preying on children

Chill. There's no cure for stupidity, and most people just use anything for an excuse. Even to poison their kids or mistreat them, perhaps even in good intentions.

Vegans often get ridiculed as being half-gay half-hippie. No wonder if the most people hear is the ones who is preaching about being 'healthy' compared to 'unhealthy', but forget people need to understand that 'healthy' simply means "better for your health".
As user stated people can live a percieved perfectly happy life eating lots of animals. Also, eating anything is better than nothing.

Also, some stupid fucks give their newborns alcohol 'to their health' in some parts of Africa, or otherwise. Thank the media for putting stupid people neatly in 'bad' and 'good' confinements, and your own anger to fuel your shitposting ability, furthering the generalizations.

Lol. Vegetable cults preying on children. Right. You mixed up the vegans with the satanists and the reptilian elite, there.

Also, toddlers shoud eat their mother's milk until they can eat something else. I have not read about how those children were abused and malnutritioned, but clearly a few cases don't make a cult.

t. chill vegan

>don't know how the japs made it out having eaten soy for so long and such high quantities, but it's evident their men are very thin, and compared to other races aren't that solid built but rather, are built very slim and thin.

The samurai were perhaps the strongest warriors to ever walk the earth and they ate the the shit out of soy. Their men dispatched the lice ridden western barbarians with ease.,

>a few cases
>doesn't even refute the point being made
Nice attempt at deflection, shit head.

No, I don't think I will chill. Maybe you should chill with the vegan bullshit. Maybe you should read up and educate yourself on the actual pitfalls of veganism a bit more before you start preaching it's benefits. It has its problems just like everything else and it is NOT the best diet for a growing child.

A good response will ALWAYS admit that vegan diets can indeed be extremely unhealthy for individuals, especially for growing children, if not done exceedingly right. Breast milk alone isn't enough for a growing child, especially vegan breast milk.

What are you even memeing lad? This isn't an anime. The united States strong armed the Meiji into opening up their ports to free global trade.

>/b/
>Veeky Forums
>now Veeky Forums
At least you abandoned that faggy flowchart for this one

That was when the samurai had degenerated into the meiji western slime. At the height of the samurai, china couldn't even fuck with them. Read some history dude.

mighty nippon soybean, folded 1000 times

>shitposter-s going on multiple boards to troll with vegan threads

You mean the Mongolian Khanate. The samurai couldn't conquer the Koreans.

>mongol fleet gets hit by lucky typhoon during naval invasion of japan
>SAMURAI STRONK

I need 250g protein a day I'm not eating 14lbs of potatoes you fucking asshats.

Hope your peepee still works after you have heart problems in you mid 50s.

Studies like the ones listed were done on standard factory farmed animals and animal byproducts. The animals the meat came from were sick because they were not kept and fed correctly.

because for most who become vegan it is not just about yourself. it's also about impact on environment and cruel treatment of animals.

And yet a low carb diet is still more efficient and healthy than a vegan one when it comes to managing disease. There are plenty of .gov websites refuting everyone of your retarded claims. Here is but one.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2633336/

nobody cares, rabbi

Most people become vegan nowadays because it's the "in" thing to do, like being gluten free. It's a fad.

I guess this looks kind of cool but you can't really eat the coconut flesh

STAY STRONG VEGAN WARRIORS

>caring about sex when you're 50+ years old
>that's all he can think about

underage virgin right in the middle of puberty detected

why do meatcucks hate animals?

not my fault meat grown humanely is expensive as fuck

What are 5 tasty meals that you make often?
I'm probably going to go pescetarian very soon or at least cut out all red meat so I want to test the waters.

You should support the development and acceptance of cultured/lab-grown meat instead of trying to turn everyone into a vegan. I respect you for trying to do what is right and helping these animals, but meat and animal products have been a part of our diet for so long and there are health benefits from eating it in proper amounts so trying to get rid of it completely is almost immoral in a way. And there are too many vegans who develop a cult-like mentality and begin to dehumanize non-vegans which ends up hurting animals the most by no one actually fixing the problem.

>Casomorphine in milk is addictive
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
This says nothing about addiction. It says injecting casomorphine into your skin causes a histamine response, it's not even about drinking milk.

Some people have literally evolved to be able to drink animal milk into adulthood. Trying to say it's bad for everyone just makes you sound unscientific and ignorant. You can do better. Do better to actually help the animals.

And the "look at what a horse/elephant/gorilla eats and how strong they are" is silly because they spend up to 16 hours every day just eating.

Why the need to post this?
A thread died for this?
I eat meat, does not mean you have to, does not mean I scream to everyone why it is better or shit.
Why people doing this?

>Forests cleared for livestock.
Yes, you don't need space for growing vegetables either, totally.
>Implying deforestation doesn't lead to the other factors.
Cutting down forests to grow your soybeans leads to all those listed.
>Pollutes rivers
So fertilizer and pesticides don't?
>Animals are sentient living beings
Plants are living as well and you boil and fry them alive.
>babies stolen from mother
Taking seeds to regrow them

>Yes, you don't need space for growing vegetables either, totally.
Livestock takes 30% of the planet's livable surface currently. That seems disgustingly unbelievable yet it's true. If that doesn't sway you, nothing will.
>Implying deforestation doesn't lead to the other factors.
See infographic and refute it please, I'm all ears. I've looked into the subject and it's ridiculous to assume that they massive consumption of meat would economically conclude plant-life destroying our forestation
>Pollutes rivers
More pesticides and fertilizer are used to feed livestock, but you're half-correct on your statement here.
>Plants are living as well and you boil and fry them alive.
Plant do not have emotions nor do they feel neurological pain. Assuming you would eat meat over plants, meat being a byproduct of plant-murder, would assume that you care less about plant lives, thus defeating your argument by both sides.
>babies stolen from mother
I really can't chime on this shit.

>Livestock takes 30% of the planet's livable surface currently.
We still have livable land available for people to use, and we're going to Mars.

>vegans
>reddit link in the OP
like pottery

Now you're just hating, m9. Eat some meat, alright?

but I can't eat anymore
pic related, me at my biggest
meat made me fat

Now you're just hating m9, eat some meat, alright?

I'm not saying there's not stupid people all over. There are. Some call themselves vegan and don't know jack shit about nutritional values and healthy eating habits.

Americans throw out half of what they buy of food, and because of the monsanto-low quality of your vegetables and grains you'd either have to be rather wealthy to be able to eat organic/ecological and to get your supplements as in fish oil, vitamins and so on. Never forget there's really not that much of nutritional value in meat alone, as there is in greens, peas, beans, eggs. Some buy stupid expensive shit, like 'special' teas and go on a rampage whenever they see someone drink coffee. Stupid people, alright?

You simply just wanna eat meat. Then continue to do so. Your rage at stupid people who call themselves vegans and begin experimenting with the food they give to their offspring is a rather weak link towards concluding avoiding meat is bad for your health, as in toddlers and young children NEEDED meat. To be honest news like that sound a bit staged too, as in they want you to listen to stupid people doing stupid crap. In burgerstan you'd eat enriched patties from McDonald's, too, because fast-food chains know exactly how to keep their clientel as healthy as possible, just as beer companies add some vital vitamins into their brew to keep the alcholoics alive longer.

On another note there are some big health bonuses from eating especially liver and tuna because of a lot of anti-aging components. Go eat that. I'll stick to chickpeas and spinach because I know they contain it too.

Also, your gut feeling should tell you what you eat. Don't go into a vegan thread and spew bile and hate just because some stupid fucks call themselves vegan.

Yes. You need exactly 250 grans of protein, because you clearly don't know about ketosis.

Imagine eating half a pack of protein powder a day, because you're afraid of atrophy. That's you.

new discord link for vegans

discord
.gg/U5D7tD

GTFIH

>If that doesn't sway you, nothing will.
a couple questions:
1. I'm confused, user. the natural state of the world is to be covered in animals. it's not like grasslands would just be bare without human intervention. do you think the average life of a wild animal is better than the average life of a farmed one? I don't. it seems much nicer to me for them to live a life free of danger and disease and with unlimited food until one day they get hit by a captive bolt gun before they know what's happening. the default wild herbivore experience, on the other hand, is to become weaker and weaker from parasite load until they're literally eaten alive by predators. what would you do with that 30% of the earth if it didn't have cows on it?
2. in the US, about 50% of our rangeland is good for nothing else, ie. no food crops can grow there, usually because they're too arid or steep. is it bad to put that to use for human purposes? again, what would you do with it if you were dictator?

>vegan general
>actually thriving

welp, you were once an ok board ck but now you have jumped the shark.

Save the world: eat vegan.

neglecting the environmental issues (methane emission from animals etc.). I would put animals there and let them live happily, without killing them. Like an animal sanctuary.

but no carnivores? you know herbivores breed out of control and wreck their environment if their numbers aren't kept in check somehow, right?

I'd give the males vasectomies where necessary

have fun on to the wrong side of history