5-D

Could an object move through the fifth dimension? Would a living thing be fucked by it physically?
Is there a consensus on what 5D is in way that a fuckwit like me can understand?
Pic unrelated

Attached: 1510172717559.png (540x532, 354K)

the three dimensions all orthogonal plus two more that are orthogonal to the first three and each other

Water is the fifth dimension.. don't ask me how.

How?

This. It's so damn obvious when you think about it.

it just is. I don't have too much scientific information to share with you because you're too simple minded to understand.

Mathematicians (and computers) can handle additional spatial dimensions easily.
But we aren't equipped to "experience" them, so we have to use lower-dimensional analogies.

Flatland is a world of 2 dimensions. The inhabitants cannot see or imagine a 3rd dimension. Flatlanders only see each other's edges. A Flatland vault is a closed square.
Yet we 3-D types can reach into a Flatland bank and remove the money without breaking anything.

We could pick up a Flatlander and put him down somewhere else, unharmed. But we could also "flip over" a Flatlander before releasing him. His fellows would perceive he'd somehow become a mirror image of his former self. He'd feel no different and insist it was everybody else who was "backwards".

>Could an object move through the fifth dimension?

Not anymore, strictly speaking, since Ron "Sweets" Townson has passed away. Though they continue to perform with new members, I'd say it's not really the 5th Dimension any more..

try understanding a world of 5d but with an additionnal time dimension instead of space.

THIS is where the real bad boys are at

dichronaut.exe

you could ask the same question about moving through the 4th dimension. Technically we are moving through the 4th dimension already but in a set direction at a set rate, so you would have to ask "would I be able to survive travel to other locations in the 4th dimension?" the answer of course depends on the method used to do it, and so far we don't know any methods to do it. For example, if going through a black hole makes you time travel, and if that's the only method, then the answer is no.
so no one knows, basically

the 5th dimension is alternate, concurrent timelines, "parallel universes"

holy shit this is the same way /x/ bullshitters speak

this is correct, and also the source of dark matter and energy.

I believe strings are 5d.

see:

Well if you think of a universal worldline as one 4 dimensional piece of a 5 dimensional complex involving other universal worldlines that make up the probable energy distribution, it's pretty straightforward

Also see wave function collapse

Essentially the 5 dimensional object is an energy field comprised of 4 dimensional energy fields comprised of 3 dimensional energy fields, etc, all the way down to the fundamental virtual particle, or zero-point energy

reality is a quantum fluctuation that, having established all probable patterns of existence, is simply enacting them simultaneously and discretely

causality is the waveform collapse, or the driving force behind differentiating dimensional probabilities, and is tied throughout the multiverse

we're basically living in a probability simulation made of virtual energy exploring potential patterns, and since we're internal, we experience it linearly. From an outside perspective it would just look like a 5 dimensional object, but the outside consists of virtual energy as well, so it's just patterns of potential energy experiencing patterns of potential energy all the time

In fact, looking at Hawking's final theory, one could even postulate that the big bang was the expansion of 3 dimensional energy into a 4 dimensional spacetime, and prior to that was 2 dimensional space expanding into the third dimension, a collection of patterns or rules establish until all possibilities are realized, and then those patterns propagate to the next dimensional possibility

It is not a theory it is a hypothesis

Sure it's straightforward mathematically, but that doesn't mean it isn't essential /x/-tier because we can't really ever prove it.

Isn't it necessary for some set of dimensions to exist corporreally that another higher dimension has to exist to contain the set?

sci and x shitposters are all on the same general spectrum going from intellectual bullshitting to general schizophrenia

You need to vibrate higher so you can capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D

So if the fourth dimension is spacetime, what is the media for the 5th dimenstion?

hypothesis, I'm sorry
still, he specifically stated to keep in mind and to not discount Everett's many-worlds interpretation
it's not necessarily x because he did propose a test
I'm just pushing his hypothesis down to the lowest scale, as well as trying to rationalize probability and it's effects on physics

I don't know if there's a formal name for the media, but I'd assume it combines the spatial dimensions and time to be 4 spatial dimensions, with a final temporal dimension based in probability.
So there would be 4 dimensional coordinates dedicated to placement in the 4 dimensional space, with a 5th dimensional coordinate that translates to the position of the worldline in relevance to probabilistic outcomes

the media of which the 5th dimension consists of should be basic to conclude though, which is that of the 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 1st, all which spawn from virtual energy

yes, and the 5th dimensional energy field is basically that for the 4th dimension
I assume there are also higher dimensions containing other 5 dimensional multiverse complexes with different possible physical laws, and those reside in a higher dimension which contains sets with different mathematical laws

So we're in a 4th dimensional probability worldline, one of many of a set that makes up a 5th dimensional temporal probability set, which is contained along with other temporal probabilities as a set within a larger physical probability set, which is in a set along with similar dimensions within an even higher dimension determining mathematical probability

I'd assume that's the final set, as it is one that has no possible inconsistencies, being the source of consistency itself.
It's almost reminiscent of Tegmark

How do we interpret the 5th dimension in our 3rd? Gravity is a consequence of 3rd interacting with the 4th, but can we affect the 5th dimension at all?

We inhabit the 4th, actually, as 3-dimensional bodies with time processes, and we perceive the 5th as feasible probabilities based on mathematical and casual patterns we have or will determine
We "affect" the 5th dimension only by defining our relative spacetime within it, which is what I believe allows us the sense of free-will with the stability of determinism

by the way, many of the great minds skirt those lines, and I'm not afraid to say I do as well
skepticism and an open-mind equally make a thoughtful person

objects do in a sense move through 5th dimension, but only within their local 4th dimension
the only object moving through the 5th dimension is a probability wave which is discretely separating points of causality that disagree with each other into their consistent 4th dimensional spacetime

My thoughts as well

>How?
DONT TELL HIM

I appreciate your saying so