Who's ready to make some chili? I sure know I am

Who's ready to make some chili? I sure know I am.

First up, adult beef.

>veal and lamb
Interdasting. Will you be adding beans?

Haven't decided on a recipe, but I grabbed these just in case.

Better roast dried chiles and make a base or else all that meat is going in a pot of shitty tomato soup.

or just add a lot of spices

>using beans
you had a great opportunity here to trigger Veeky Forums

Is this better than chili powder?

no meat goes in my chili. only beans. if I put meat in my chili, I'd be obese.

I'm here to make dank chili man. No more, no less.

Baby cow going hot

Got a recipe?

Why are you cooking them separately?

Now for the base

I'm browning them separately first then adding them together with the base.

beans have more calories than meat

Meats in with the base. Next is the slow cookee

whats in there

Yes. Chili powder sucks. You want to use a combination of dried and fresh chilies. It's the name of the dish for chrissakes. The chilies should be the forefront of the dish, not some flavorless sawdust you add a spoonful of.

I prefer jokokia sauce if there are no fresh habaneros available

>$8 hamburger, $14 lamb
>shitty electric range in a rental unit

Millennials are retarded

>Posting this from your moms basements

you're right but it's dumb to compare chili powder to sawdust. Chili powder is OK

holy fucking shit OP this is fucking terrible.
veal and lamb for chili? and black and kidney beans together? holy fucking shit man, this transcends awful into the realm of some type of prison food except i think prison food would be more palatable.

this isnt chili, you may have some ingredients win common with chili, but its not fucking chili. dont choke on it bucko.

Why settle for a mere "OK" when it could be fucking delicious instead?

>Chili powder is OK
It's really not.

Only in america you need to make saftly sign on meat.

dudes right, chili powder is fucking nigger-tier meme shit. if you dont know what you should be using instead then you dont deserve to make chili you bag of shit.

I just bought some of my own chili ingredients

Cubes of beef
Coconut cream
Large white beans

Gonna get some habaneros tomorrow. Also I have actual beef stock and some tomato sauce, adding chili vinegar red wine, marinating beef in coca cola and lemon juice. Plenty of sugar.

>>Sugar
>>coconut cream

sounds like you're making a thai curry and not chili.

>different = bad

That's like saying you need fresh tomatoes beans and live meat. You are just being a hipster

Sweetness and coconut cream handles heat (from the oven heat and chili) quite well. Its smooth and pleasant. I like to experiment.

There are different kinds of heat. Chili powder tastes dark.

The name of the dish is "chili con carne". In other words, "chili peppers with meat". The peppers are the main part of the dish, not some silly afterthought.

Using whole chilis is inexpensive, easy, and much more flavorful than using the pre-ground stuff. Why not use them?

>Its smooth and pleasant. I like to experiment.
Yeah, I get that. But why call it "Chili" at that point, when you're so far away from what the recipe normally implies.

>live meat
no user, I don't think that would work too well

I use whole fresh chilis, but Ive never seen dried chilis outside of internet stores in this country

My chili does burn. The mouth so there is pleasant taste, but the real burn comes from the liquid burning shite the next night and or morning.

>Ive never seen dried chilis outside of internet stores in this country
Why is that a problem? They're cheap to begin with and they are lightweight so shipping is cheap too.

Who said anything about burning or not burning, user?

Do you think that the world "chili" applies to any food that burns? That seems rather strange. Most people understand the term "chili" to refer to "Chili con carne"--a dish made by Mexican cowboys, that has nothing whatsoever to do with coconut milk or sugar.

I'm not questioning the tastiness or the heat level of your dish. I'm just wondering why you still call it chili when the recipe is so radically different.

Haha, this is communist Finland with a privatized post office. Our biggest and possibly only chili related online shop just quit their online store and now only sells at supermarkets.

When posting anything costs around 5-8€ Just to post its not worth it.

hipsters are cancer but sometimes they have it nailed

Ill call it chili with a smooth buttery sweet finish. Sometimes my pots and dishes are so big that my little additions barely count.

is anyone else bothered by the fact OP is making chili from ground meat?

I used to do this. Not too bad with lean beef

Chili grind is acceptable, but not what Op did. It looks like taco territory

Can someone outline how to make chili then? Do i just roast the chilis (fresh and dry) and then add them to the pot of tomatoes and then cook my meat (chuck, assumedly? And not ground?) And then add that and season the chili?

Sear some meats on a hot pan in butter

Add any tomatosauce

Add any spicy things

Add some beans maybe

Some spices

I like red onions, fresh tomatoes, basil

Mix it up

Place in a tight closed pan, oven cook at 160-200 for 3 hours, maybe more or less

>Can someone outline how to make chili then?

Sure, like this:

this.

why do retards make new threads when there's already a much better one?

>Sear some meats on a hot pan in butter
Learn to cook.

>lamb

Waste of good lamb.

Literally nothing wrong with what he said, you fat, tryhard faggot.

enjoy your blackened butter as you bring it up to searing temperature degenerate

>thaw in refrigerator or microwave
Should I not be letting minced meat thaw at room temperature?