Falcon Heavy

>build world's largest rocket
>don't use it for anything
What's the logic behind this?
Is it the new Saturn V? (used for one meme and then cancelled)
Is it the perfect example of crass American excess?

Attached: 1520218232777.jpg (2000x3000, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/
youtube.com/watch?v=k_OD2V6fMLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's an evolutionary dead end that SpaceX didn't realize would be a dead end when they were building it

It'll have a handful of flights but in a couple years it will be outclassed in almost every way by BFR

>>don't use it for anything
spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/
>STP-2
>Arabsat 6A

>satellites that could have been launched by half a dozen other existing launchers

But are going to be launched by Falcon Heavy.
Remember that this is a commercial launch vehicle. It isn't like the Saturn V which was built for Moon landings.
SpaceX made it so they can serve a greater capability, not because they had contracts that required it. Now that they have it available they will likely get some more contracts that require it over their Falcon 9.

>What's the logic behind this?

big payloads which don't exist and 'reusing' on missions that would otherwise be flown on expendable f9

>Is it the new Saturn V? (used for one meme and then cancelled)

no, saturn v could actually lift a payload that wasn't a lead brick and could send its payload beyond LEO

>Is it the perfect example of crass American excess?

the only thing excessive about spacex is the 20 billion dollars NASA has spent on development grants for dragon and f9, while still getting bilked on launch costs to the tune of $300-400mil while spacex publicly claims much lower numbers.

Love how SpaceX threads always bring out the NASA shills.

Attached: eca.jpg (809x768, 90K)

>meme

Attached: ThatWord.jpg (625x625, 78K)

lol nigger you be brainwashed by Bruno

The BFR thread is a shitshow as well.

I remember three+ years ago when people were saying that FH was a paper rocket.. hmmm...

You can recycle boosters from 9s into Heavy and heavy into 9.

It has another launch coming this summer.

i cant tell if you truly are from reddit or just parodying at this point.
Either way you should kill yourself before you die of AIDS.

>I remember three+ years ago when people were saying that FH was a paper rocket
Three+ years ago FH WAS a paper rocket.

Exactly, then it launched

Same thing with BFR. Current state of affairs does not reflect the future

God, BFR retards and SpaceX fags in general will never cease to amaze me with their sheer idiocy.

>SpaceX will never launch a rocket
>Falcon 1 will never fly
>Falcon 9 will never fly
>Falcon 9 will never land
>Falcon Heavy will never fly
>You are here
>Falcon Heavy core will never land
>BFR will never fly
>SpaceX will never go to Mars

>Stuff literally no one said.
Good strawman there Musk-bot. Now please explain to me how SpaceX, the company that ran into the same problems making a tri-core rocket that Boeing ran into and were delayed even longer, will make the largest and most complicated vehicle ever designed within a couple years. I'm waiting.

>>Stuff literally no one said

Except you faggots fucking say that shit all the time. I don't think anyone here expects this thing to be flying in a couple of years.

Way to completely ignore the content of my post in order to insult me again. You fall for the bait so easily it's hilarious. Still haven't proved me wrong. :^)

Your only content was to say that they won't make this in a couple of years, which I agree with?

Fucking neck yourself retard.

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

>don't use it for anything
next time, read the entire press release, Cletus

>SpaceX
>want to to go Mars
>start building and flying shit

>NASA
>"want to go to mars"
>buy $200 shovels
>grow potatoes with berkely students

It's going to follow the space shuttle and the saturn 5.
Russia knows the practical limits on rocketry but it seems americans can't learn no matter how many times they try.

Falling back on R7 is not a "practical limit" unless you are a failed state propping up a facade of regional power

Do not respond to the paid shill
their paycheck is based off of (You)s
normally the idea of shilling on Veeky Forums is retarded, but this motherfucker has been doing this for several fucking years now without stopping
there's no other explanation for it

Attached: 1488064406278.jpg (427x245, 26K)

>NASA
>12 missions lined up using largest rocket in history in order to progressively get closer and closer to Mars using the Moon as a jumping off point.

>SpaceX
>lol this big rocket is going to take us to mars xD it has fucking in the name xD

>Can't refute poster
>Call him a shill
Ahh, going the /pol/ack path of argumentation. Glad to know you're on the same plane of intelligence as kekistanis.

>w 3.9 billion in govt. gives

at least that moon landing denier Italian user isn't around any more, that dude really mucked up threads

BFR critics at least lead to somewhat interesting debates... sort of

>want your shekels

BFR is a joke and spacex is running a pyramid scheme.

I hope you haven't bought any stocks because you've been conned harder than bitcoiners.

At least it won't continue for much longer and endanger national interests as well as international cooperation.

>I hope you haven't bought any stocks
What it's like to be retarded?

Haha I was just going to say, it's not open to the public for trading, my guy.

It's obvious that you're uneducated on anything SpaceX related. Please apply yourself

internal stocks are at 150 or so right now, up from like twenty cents

It's a test to figure out how to get rockets with dozens of engines working. The BFR will basically be a Falcon Heavy with slightly more powerful engines.

At the end of the day reusability is much more important, than payload. If they actually achieve full reusability with the BFR with little no refurbishment costs, even if the payload is smaller than that of the Falcon Heavy, it will be an utter and complete game changer. As soon as GTO orbits cost less than 100$/kg space age is here (this price tag would mean you could book a flight to the moon and back for ~50k)

>no one said
Newfag

we're going to see a big shift in how probes and sats are built; they're gonna be all assembled in pieces in orbit in the future

As fucking if. Probes are extraordinarily expensive, Mars Science Laboratory, which included Curiosity, cost 4 billion dollars to develop and was launched on an Atlas V. Muskbots really don't understand that the launch rocket itself is the cheapest part of space exploration/study.

the 4 billion is because you have limited mass to work with and a extreme amount of risk adverse design. with 7 mil BFR flights, you can build multiple, heavy landers without spending millions on making sure the zip ties are to spec or whatever

The probe needs to operate fully autonomously in the hostile environment of Mars. It's not like we have economies of scale for these kind of robots. They will always be in the billions.

If typical nasa contracting results in billions spent on rockets, why is it surprising to see it results in billions spent for probes and rovers?
Surely, you do not think rockets are an exception and everything else is actually cost effective?

MSL was not mass limited. It was launched on a 541 Atlas and had the option of the Delta IV Heavy if needed. The Euclid telescope cost a billion dollars and was launched on a Soyuz.

>Probes are extraordinarily expensive

There is nothing inherently expensive about a probe at all. Expensive probes are a scam designed to milk taxpayer money, just like expensive launches were. When cost of launches comes down, so will the cost of most spacecraft.

>Typical NASA contracting
ahh the idiocy of fanboys. Science exploration has always costed billions and there's no savior in your precious private corporations because there's no money to be made in scientific exploration.

>It's not like we have economies of scale for these kind of robots.

If launch costs come down, we will have.

Attached: 61b.png (369x311, 9K)

NASA rockets are not cost ineffective.

Muskrats and their fanboy memes on suicide watch.

Probes aren't built enmasse. Curiosity will only have one twin to be launched in 2020.

>9609000
He's back.
Try not give him yous that's the whole point of his retarded posts.

>NASA rockets are not cost ineffective.

This is what nasafags actually believe

Attached: 1506109996833.png (604x604, 301K)

>3.9 billion in gibs going to soaceX
>Versus 100 billion in gibs going to ULA
hmmmm

>50 billion dollars for the SLS, a rocket made out of premade, already developed parts, that hasn't been built or tested yet is cost effective
Why hasn't NASA tested an SLS yet? It's made out of parts developed between 1961 to 1985, the only new part is the fucking Orion capsule, the rockets been in development for 20 years
Also
>This is just the price of block 1, the rocket made out of entirely reused parts
>Block 2 will have entirely new engines, which haven't even been designed yet, which may push the program over 60 billions dollars
>Mars and lunar equipment will possible push it over 100 billion
SLS is a joke

Attached: 1397469771-0.jpg (600x763, 60K)

>50 billion dollars for the SLS

No, that's not what happens. It's basically the same as those film studios claiming a certain movie made losses, although it made profits in the hundreds of millions. What is being declared as "SLS budget" is actually a budget for keeping rocket production capacities alive, which the government think it needs in case a big war breaks out, and some other research NASA is funding through the SLS. So basically, the SLS budget is 90% going into keeping companies afloat that need to build cruise missiles in case we need them, and 5% NASA doing whatever with it, and 5% actually goes into SLS.

billion dollars
>Source: My ass
>the only new part is the fucking Orion capsule, the rockets been in development for 20 years
Turns out making a super heavy rocket is really hard. Would've thunk? Other than the RS-25s, shuttle tank, and SRBs, what's reused about the SLS?
>>Block 2 will have entirely new engines
New boosters, nice try.
>>Mars and lunar equipment will possible push it over 100 billion
>Space exploration is really really expensive
WOW WOULD'VE THUNK

Sounds like an interesting chap, got any stories?

He would just spam shitty images of his proof and (you) everyone, wasn’t that exciting

Tell me with a straight face this is real: youtube.com/watch?v=k_OD2V6fMLQ

Are you just trolling/shilling or do you genuinely think NASA, ULA, etc... are representitive of what spaceflight costs, when it has been demonstrably proven otherwise?

No trolling just btfoing delusional fanboys who hate based science.

Everyone knows nobody landed on the Moon. The footage is obviously fake and was debunked many times. What's your point?

1/10 I replied.

>Everyone knows nobody landed on the Moon.

Guarantee there's mooncucks in here.

>What's your point?

If the moon landings were faked, what makes you think SpaceX isn't fake either?

Attached: wow cool.gif (501x230, 2.12M)

I never said SpaceX isn't fake. It's simply an enterprise to siphon money.

Oh look it's this guy again.

Why are people so hostile to the idea that the moon landings are REAL? Is it simple anti-American bias? I mean the Soviets congratulated NASA after Apollo 11.

>>>Block 2 will have entirely new engines
>New boosters, nice try.
No, they're going to run out of old shuttle engines, so they're redesigning RS-25 for modern production and to be expendable. It'll effectively be a new engine, and it can't be counted on to be as reliable as the old ones.

>Other than the RS-25s, shuttle tank, and SRBs, what's reused about the SLS?
That's the whole Block 0 SLS, everything but the upper stage and relatively trivial fittings. The interim upper stage will be a modified DCSS (the upper stage from Delta IV). The exporation upper stage will be a shorter section of shuttle tank with a bunch of RL-10s (another old engine).

There's basically nothing truly new about SLS. It's a cobble-job of old parts, with just enough changes and use outside of original parameters to make them untrustworthy.

12 months is less than a year for SpaceX, but maybe 30 years for SLS. It won't get anywhere near Mars and the Moon is not a jumping off point, it doesn't work like that. There aren't even any Moon or Mars related payloads in development for SLS. It pobably won't launch more than twice.

Its somehow connected to the jews, thats all they keep telling me.

With cheap enough launch costs you can just throw up hundreds of them and hope half of them don't break.

If only the Muskcucks could see that.

Oh look it's a brainlet again.

Well that's absurd, and this is coming from an anti-semite. All the Astronauts were Gentiles and a huge portion of the lead scientists and engineers, had prior experience with the Third Reich's rocket program.

>the Soviets congratulated NASA after Apollo 11

Oh it must have been real then...

Why are you and others so hostile towards Space X?

Because they're stealing tax money in exchange for fake space rockets.

"Fake"? Really? Private enterprises like Space X are a necessity thanks to the governments of the world consistently giving the various government space agencies the shaft since the late 1960's. Even NASA's budget went down 42% from 1966 to 1972.

The moment Yuri Gagarin left Earth's atmosphere is the moment when space exploration/colonization should have become the number one priority for all civilized peoples.

Space X has that mentality and its fantastic.

Just ignore him

This is correct

>Thanks for proving our missiles are better now
>Btw all your research is going to be used to blow up sand nigger farmers in Yemen
>*Shuts down NASA*

Grow up brainlet, no rocket has been in "space".

>space exploration/colonization should have become the number one priority for all civilized peoples

And you say that while said countries are invaded by niggers and muslims, who demand all the money go to their welfare. In order for that to happen, uncivilized peoples need to be dealt with.

>fake space rockets
what did he mean by this?

>demonstrably proven otherwise?
Yea, all those cheap scientific probes and super heavy rockets flying around sure proved NASA wrong. Oh wait.

>literally supporting nazis spending american dollars to COLONIZE and CONQUER space and threaten our Soviet allies

If space is a vacuum, then Newton's laws dictate that rockets cannot create thrust.

>t. New York Times, 1921

Do you even universal aether and the complicated interaction with the rockets bipolar scramjet generated by the hot gas' expansion rate?

I absolutely agree with you my good man. You can thank social liberalism and American cultural influence for this demographic nightmare.

>SpaceX fags are "muh white genocide demographic change!" retards.
Can't make this shit up people.

Wasn't it only the one Nazi? Or did they let him bring his friends?

momentum is the product of mass and velocity. A change in momentum over a change in time results in a force. Since your mass as a rocket changes when you expell fuel (or anything else) you induce a force. Forces move things.

>t. nigger

>NASAfags are niggers

It makes perfect sense if you consider what Obama did to the organisation...

Braun led entire team to the allies so he definitely wasn't alone in assisting the american rocket program. The large german presence was a giant glowing target for all opponents at the time and the soviet spies making use of the useful idiots.

They were right.

If Musk said that most people would blindly believe it.

Incorrect, just because mass changes doesn't mean you'll produce thrust, especially in a vacuum.

Show me thrust being created in a vacuum, not a small vacuum chamber because gases can push off the sides of a small chamber

>BFR Flies
>NASA gets btfo to solely research agency.
>SpaceX & the private industry colonize the stars.
>When you look up "Public Spending Excess" NASA is the prime example.

Attached: 1519197998028s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

>mfw the absolute state of hurr we landed on the Moon and SpaceX subhuman supporters

The Humanity will thank you for supporting the obfuscation of history.

Attached: 1521204862248.jpg (640x559, 23K)

Oh god its you again

>People like this exist