How the hell did this nigga write so much?

How the hell did this nigga write so much?

He was a very hardworking person. If you spend every day writing, you might be able to write that much too.

A lot of it is trash. Not exaggerating, either. Half his novels are genre fiction tier.

So what's worth reading?

He didn't spend all night reading Kantbot and shitposting on /v/ and Veeky Forums, is how.

Wonder how much Henry James the Kant Bot has read.

He died a virgin

he fugged his sister

he wasn't a procrastinating piece of shit

I thought he was gay.

raping your trap sister is pretty gay, yes

gay for his sister, maybe

nyeeeh

my mistake, william james fucked her:

>Alice and her brother William had a close relationship that has been argued to consist of eroticism. William would write “mock sonnets” to Alice and read them to her in front of their family. One such sonnet has William declaring his desire to marry Alice to which she replies that he had told her not “to hope for love from [him].” William concludes the sonnet by saying that he will commit suicide since Alice will not marry him. There were also times where his letters to her were candidly erotic—he would describe her physical and personality characteristics and state how “desirable” and “lovable” they made her.

looks like the Jameses would have been right at home on /b/

Why were all the best authors major perverts?

>James selbst bezeichnete sich als einen "sexuellen Selbstversorger", zeitlebens hegte er viele enge Männerfreundschaften

haa haa

rich cosmopolitan people are gross and neurotic

becuase they have overflowing imagination

why are all the norms boring?

He just been himself

because they are guided by shame and "what one does"

rhetoric, lad.

this is Veeky Forums after all

lad, this is Veeky Forums after all

>where autism meets sarcasm.

if this shit didn't exist, you'd have to invent it.

explain this chain

best combination ever
there is no explanation

>best combination ever
I second that
>
>there is no explanation
I second that too

>Veeky Forums: Better than Waiting for Fucking Godot

>australians

The user of answered a rhetorical question, and pointed out that fact and that people on a literature board should be capable of identifying such. In response, pointed out that people on Veeky Forums as a whole are often incapable of identifying figurative language, and points out the absurdity that autism (inability to identify figurative language) and the use of sarcasm (a kind of figuration) are both quite common here.

thanks chummo

maybe i just like to answer rhetorical questions... oh wait, that might be the autism.

fun thread

was turn of the screw lady a pedo

Turn is fucking goat tier..
Probably.
Those 'evil' children knew what they were about..

The longer fiction up to Portrait, ok. But face it, most don't have either the time or patience for James. He's a great writer.

One cd submit Edith Wharton as proof too, I suppose.
haa haa

Pretty much what I was about to say.

David Irving, when he was in solitary confinement in an Austrian prison, wrote over 4,000 pages.

just leaving this here

That's William post jaunt up and down the Amazon with Louis A, if I'm not mistaken.
And I probably am.

Portrait of a Lady, The Turn of the Screw, The Golden Bowl.
Maybe the Bostonians and The American if you like those. The Princess Cassamassima if you want him go change his themes for once. Also, his book on Hawthorne is worth reading.

Bloom considers him the best American writer, but I don't see it. There's some trashy soap-opera tier device even in his best books.

William was so much more Alpha than Henry
Anyone else read of the time Henry got cucked by Oliver Wendell Holmes? Supposedly one of his first stories is based on that

How big do you think Will's dick was? What about Henry's? Maybe he wasn't actually gay but just super humiliated by his micro.

>turn of the screw
>worth reading

If that's not b8....

>If you spend every day writing, you might be able to write that much too.
You don't say.

Bloom is correct. The only American writer at the level of Austen, Flaubert or Tolstoy.
> childhood is idolising Melville, adulthood is realising James makes more sense

*idolizing, *realizing. no one cares about your opinions on american writers brit.

>I was finna get puzzled at these big words the fella was a usin' so I up and went and holler at him for a spell till he quit

But bloom idolizes melville...

also
>austen on level with flaubert and tolstoy