How do you use these fuckers?

How do you use these fuckers?
They always have residue on them. I don't have time to wash each spoon inbetween adding seasonings.

>not spitting on them before each use

they're measuring spoons, not your pussy lips honey

You throw them into a trash and use a regular spoon.

>I don't have time to wash each spoon inbetween adding seasonings.
Mise en place, son. Measure out all your seasonings before you start cooking so you have enough time to clean and dry them if you need to use the same spoon multiple times.

I only use mine for a few things though. When measuring baking soda/powder, salt in a baked good, or mustard powder for mac and cheese. Other than that I just do everything by eyeballing and tasting.

Wash them when you're done cooking, not in between measurements. What are you measuring that leaves such a residue?

well i'm just a beginning cook, so I'm using them at least until I get a hang for amounts and tastes
and if you measure it out beforehand, where do you put it?

paprika, garlic powder, pepper, salt
they all leave residue in order of most to least
actually salt i'm not sure about, but the problem is when i need to use the spoon for something else, the residue on the spoon from the last seasoning will mix into the container of the new seasoning

It doesn't matter if a few molecules of paprika mix with your garlic powder. It's time to stop using pre-ground pepper, as well.

bruh it's not a few molecules
that shit is caked on there
and what's wrong with pre ground pepper

tap and clean with kitchen towel or napkin, get another set, or improvise and work with conversions, i.e. 1tbsp = 3tsp

How do dry spices get caked onto a measuring spoon? Do you heat your plastic measuring spoons over the stove so they get nice and melty before sticking it in the container?

Pre-ground doesn't taste as good as freshly cracked.

no, but the heat/steam from the definitely play a part
i just tested it cold and dry, and there was virtually no residue, just dust

i tried tapping and cleaning, it was very ineffecient
conversions and extra sets might work but sounds stupid too

does this happen to you guys?
am i just using bad spoons?

ok
once i grow out of measuring spoons i'll check it out

>oh no, my spices that get used together will contaminate each other

>well i'm just a beginning cook, so I'm using them at least until I get a hang for amounts and tastes
I see, that's okay then. But after a while when you start learning how much of each to use, you can start adjusting it depending on how flavorful your spices are and what your preferences are.

>and if you measure it out beforehand, where do you put it?
I have some small dessert cups that I would use, but you can use anything. Small plates, bowls, coffee cups, etc. If you're measuring a bunch of seasonings for a soup or something they can all go in the same bowl as you measure them.

This is literally the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about this. Just throw your current set out and get a set of metal spoons

different recipes, different uses fag
i don't want to taste paprika every time i use salt.
clearly you must only use yours to measure cum

i will buy metal spoons, if that still doesn't work i'll use first anons idea

Okay, I don’t know how you don’t know this basic shit but let me teach you:

>hold measuring spoon over pot
>pour spice into spoon
>if extra spice falls into the pot, it doesn’t really matter
>dump spice into pot from the spoon when full
>repeat until desired amount of spice is in pot, no need to wash the spoon because it never actually touches the spices in the container wnd only touches the soice you’re going to use
Fucking basic common sense user.

the metal ones are great.

also to clean them just wipe with a paper towel to get the last spice off, if you are doing a few spices, then throw in the dishwasher for the next load. You can easily just wash these by hand in a few seconds though.

>wash each spoon inbetween adding seasonings
No, you only wash the spoon the seasoning was in.

I tried this and it totally doesn't work
Maybe if you're using a "pot" and making "soup" or something it would, but if you're using a pan the problem is a little spillage can go a long way, especially considering it will all spill in one spot

still too much

nope, tried the paper towel, it didn't really work
and if i washed them i'd have to dry them too
it's too much time if i have to add several different spices

If it won't fall off the spoon, nut much will come off in other spices. Just stop worrying about it and use the same spoon for all your dry stuff.

You don't use them and eyeball things instead.

I only use measuring spoons for important ingredients, like leavenings.

Nothing has ever been ruined by a homeopathic dose of paprika.

>i was unable to dislodge a few milligrams of spices from an otherwise dry measuring spoon using a paper towel
Lift some weights for a few weeks, then try again

>not knowing how much X is of Y spice by just eyeballing it after the 5th or so cook

the fuck

ya rly. The only savories I measure are turmeric and dulse flakes.

Do you have a condition?

sounds like you took one too many homopathic doses of cum
lift ur fuckin fingers and click the x on this thread buddy
i addressed that already here

a five year old could figure out how to solve this problem

You talk an awful lot of shit for someone who is hilariously incompetent

i've only cooked twice

yes, i'm allergic to fags
*achoo*

Are you saying I've had too little cum?

>DO THEY MAKE INSTANTLY SELF CLEANING MEASURING SPOONS?

I went through a measuring spoon period until I realised it unnecessarily made my life harder rather than easier.

idk if i can wait a whole year for your answer user

help out or hop off, or let this thread die in peace
got my answers already desu

Here you go OP. Just use these and trash them afterwards since you're too lazy to run your spoons under some water, or use non-stick spray beforehand like the rest of us.

I feel your pain OP