Why is it kept in wax

why is it kept in wax

>Not eating the cheeseshell.
Holy shit user it's like you didn't know that the majority of nutrients can be found in the cheese's shell.

To keep the moisture in.

user is right. Try the shell w/ the cheese next time. It adds a nice taste to the experience.

To fool the cheese bees into thinking it is part of the hive.

It's an easy and compact way to package the cheese and protect it from dirt and from the elements. Harder cheeses form an thick rind which serves this purpose, but semi-hard cheese don't, so the wax comes in handy.

Historically, Babybels were developed for explorers as a convenient firestarter, night-time candle, and emergency food source, thus giving the explorer a compact, lightweight, three-in-one item to take on long trips into the wilderness, replacing unitaskers.

This too.

fucking lost my shit

I went trekking in the Himalaya mountains about 2 years ago and I'd often use these fir mini fires at night, then eat the cheese inside when the wax burned out. Only the more sophisticated European trekkers knew of this trick though, most Americans ended up lugging lots of extra shit

babybel gives me faith in humanity

What the fuck user I didn't ask for these keks

i-i don't get it

OP...seriously.
Its marketing. Sealing each portion in wax makes the cheese seem more upscale when infact it is a processed cheese product virtually identical to "american" cheese. Most soccer moms dont understand this because its expensive and looks better than most processed cheeses. Its the same crap.

it's some guy who thinks his ~LE EPIK SHITPOST~ is screencap worth so he's samefagging so he can put it on reddit

nah it defiantly tastes different in my opinion.
oh, i thought i was actually missing something there, thanks

At least we are safe from the evil reddit people thanks to guardians like you who keep these very serious discussions on a Hungarian basket weaving forum on topic and informative.

pls go back

Please use grammar.

At least we are safe from the evil Grammar Nazis thanks to guardians like you who keep these very serious discussions on a Hungarian basket weaving forum on topic and informative.

it's to make it cost more

Okay, so the real question is, why is it wrapped in plastic too?

Because it would be extremely painful

wax?

shut the fuck up, faggot.